• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So happy finally got my date :)

Bling Babe

So it’s been 10 days since my bypass. I’ve not been on here much because I’ve been unwell. All I did for the first 7 days was sip water ( I couldn’t tolerate anything else although I did try ) I’m now able to have a little bit of soup blended down and with milk added for a thinning consistency. Everything seemed to be going fine and I finally managed to go to the toilet. I know think I’ve got a bit of dumping going on :( really not sure how or even why but I’ve definitely got the symptoms. My husband asked me to weigh myself but to be honest all I’m interested in is getting fitter and feeling better. I eventually did weigh myself and was so disappointed to find I’ve only lost 1kg since surgery. Although this did disappoint me I’ve looked at the longer road and goal. I know it’s going to take time so I’m asking how can I stop the dumping? I’m due to start phase 2 weds and I’m concerned the dumping will still be here. Any help is always appreciated xx
Bless your heart, you will improve, honestly you will and don’t worry about the scales at the moment your body will catch up, Kim gave some great advice on dumping, it can be caused by anything and what does on 1 day may not on another so it’s all trail and error, I hope you start to feel stronger and brighter soon, any feelings of regret will be a distant memory before long xxx

Anniekins

Hi Loz, so sorry your recovery has been slower than you expected. I have been managing okay but I had a sleeve not a bypass which I think is a more complicated procedure. I am sure people on here will help you as much as they can, sometimes our bodies need time to recover from these operations and I hope over the next few days things will improve. I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed too! xx

loz1310

Thank you all for your replies they are always appreciated.
I have another question I’ve started to get a sharp pain in my shoulder and neck when I drink. Is this the gas I hear people talk about after surgery?
Thanks again for all your help xx

Maria61

I have another question I’ve started to get a sharp pain in my shoulder and neck when I drink. Is this the gas I hear people talk about after surgery?
Could be gas pain, keep walking to relieve it and I was told to sip peppermint tea, hope it is better soon xx

slimkim

Shoulder and neck sounds like gas pain. Walking helps relieve it plus peppermint tea like @Maria61 suggested or chew on windeze.x