• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Some news for you all...

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Ok so I can't hold it in any longer :) I'm pregnant.

We found out on April fools day, and luckily I saw my bariatric team the next day. They are fine with it all, and the dietician is keeping in regular telephone contact and has given me plenty of advice on having a healthy pregnancy post op.

We were keeping it quiet as I have a very high miscarriage risk, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to keep my diary going without explaining why I'm suddenly doing lots of things differently.

For now, I have to maintain my current weight, so I am eating lots more lol. It's quite good fun :)

I went for an early scan on Wednesday, which put me at 4-5 weeks, which was a week earlier than we thought. I have to go back the week after next for another scan to look for a hearbeat. Until we get that anything could happen :(

Once we have a heartbeat at scan I'll be back on the flumpin heparin every day lol :rolleyes: which is for my health problems, nothing to do with the bypass.

I wanted to share because I know there are a number of people who want to conceive post op, so hopefully I can show it is possible.

So if everyone can please keep their fingers, toes, eyes and knees firmly crossed that baby sticks in place, and if people could not mention it on facebook please as we've not gone public yet. Our parents know, but that's it.

shel congratulations, what lovely news, i hope you have a smooth pregnancy, keep us informed on your progress.

congratulations again !

best wishes

liz x

congratulations!!! hope all goes well for you and i cant wait to hear how you are getting on as part of the reason im having my op is to be a healthier weight to have another but as you say with other health probs (mine being fibrolyalgia) it wont be an easy ride.

congratulations!

That is fantastic news!! Got everything crossed for you, and im over the moon. Im hoping to try for baby # 2 next year too!

:party0049::party0049::party0049: Doing the happy dance for you, what fantastic news xxx

thanks everyone :)

We're both over the moon. We tried a few years ago for over a year and had no luck, this time I fell very quickly, so it goes to show the difference a big weight loss makes to your fertility!

Although I'm only 9 months post op, and they recommend waiting till 1 year post op, the fact that my BMI is already normal means its not so much of a problem.

Whoop Whoop! Many congrats Shel! Me, Terri & Sam sending loads of hugs and crossed things!

We are in my sitting room at the moment having a coffee and a chat and you announce this!

It's made my Easter! :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Lol Sam already knew ;) it's kinda why I won't be coming down for the Brum meet, don't want to be too far from hospital right now x

WoW, CONGRATS!!!! That is truly amazing!!!
Good luck :)

Congratulations! The best of luck to you x

Congrats i hope all goes well for you, it must be an amasing feeling knowing that your WLS has aided you in this

awww congrats Hun .. im sure everything will be fine and all will go smooth for you Hun .... i found out my niece who is 21 is 2 months preg too so im going to be a great uncle .. i love baby's ..

xxx keep us informed all the way xxxxx

Thank you :)

Back