• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Study Support

Lol angee!! Well I'm in my fifties and have 2 years left to finish my degree, but figured with them keeping upping the retirement age, I will still have a few years left to actually use it!!!

I love studying too and have collected a couple of BSc's and professional unI courses. For my masters I still need to work full time so it's all in my "spare" time. But it's all good, a really challenging course but very interesting.
If you fancy midwifery you should totally go for it and don't think for a second you are not smart enough! It's a fab job!!

I'm a second year bsc honours degree in nursing student!! 4 kids, husband who works away in china for months at a time with only a couple of weeks off in between!! It's a struggle but so rewarding! After being out of education for over 20 years and if I'm honest I probably spent the last 2 years of high school in my local park skiving off I don't think I've done too bad!! Anyone thinking about doing it and feeling they aren't up to it then my advice is, GO FOR IT!! It's never too late!! Oh and if anyone fancies doing my assignments haha lmao!! X

Wow Amanda and all you other guys, well done for keeping at it whilst going through all this too. I went back to college when I was 29 (3 years ago) to do 4 science/animal based A levels. It was one of the most difficult and rewarding things I've done. I manage straight A's which was tough at 26 stone (there was quite a but practical as well as academic) plus caring for my mum full time. Certainly something I hold on to as an achievement. I really want to be a vet nurse so I'm doing my best to find a position so I can go back to study again. The easier option would be to do it through a degree rather than an apprenticeship as they find the position for you but I'm not sure I have the strength at the moment to face a degree. Maybe next year :) Good luck everyone :) x

I'm doing a full time degree whilst trying to look after two small children and I can't wait to have this op, it will be a weight off my mind (no pun intended lol)

I don't suppose anyone here knows anything about discourse analysis do they? I have finished my case study essay and now I need to analyse a piece of text using a Discourse Analysis method and it needs to be 3500 words lol

Hey everyone! Its great to meet others who are going through similar things I am. And also qualified persons who have been through this.

I am worried because Im going to have to take two weeks off in febuary to go and have my op and recover, im hoping a week after the op is enough recovery time. Luckily I don't have any assignments or anything at that time so it would just be sessions. And most of the lecturers publish their powerpoints online so I can view it on there.
I am due to graduate next year too so its my goal to lose weight so I look good in my cap and gown. How are you doing on your courses?

I am a final year law student and had my op two weeks into the first semester Oct 2012. I was off for two weeks and missed a lot because of complications but Uni have been great and very supportive. I had work and caring responsibilities too and I managed OK :)

Back