• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SUGGA!!!!! ITS MY JOURNEY XX

Bless you Nikki you are so nice xxx

What a terrible afternoon i have had.

I asked my daughter if while out with her friends this afternoon, if she would walk to the local supermarket and get some bread and milk and take it up to her nans house. After a little huming and harring she said she would, mums house is i would say about a 45 minute walk in normal weather.

I rang mum to tell her that my daughter would be bringing her some bread and milk but she didnt answer for a while. Anyway when i did get through she was in a right state because she had had a fall and couldnt get up of the floor.

Mum is 75 and is bad with arthritus.

It was terrible, as i was stuck and could not drive the car because of the snow.

I managed to keep mum on the phone till my daughter got there and she helped her up and settled her down.

My sister who lives about 10 mins away managed to get to check mum out to see if she needed a ambalance, but gladly mum is ok. Her and her husband cleared the path for her too.

Cant believe mum was out trying to clear the path when she fell but because she has alzheimers she is confused.

There is about 20inches of snow here and the thought of mum out trying to clear the snow breaks my heart.

My sister has just rang to say that mum is ok, but i dont know how long it is going to be before i can get out to see her. xxxx

aww hun, you must feel so helpless......at least you had family there t get her back in and sorted, not be long till ya can get back out again xxxxxx apparantly we've had the last of the bad stuff xxx

Awww Andrea... what a terrible worry...

It's a heck of a strain at times with elderly parents... mine would have been over 90 now... both sadly passed a few years ago.

Wouldn't it be possible to ask Social Services to do an assessment of your Mum's needs and to start to help you all out?

Glad it worked out today but a terrible shock when an elderly relative is in that situation particularly after a fall... I am so sorry...

Love and hugs xxx

You do well Andrea....

Hoping tomorrow is a better day.... you both have big hearts and lots of stamina.... sending love to your Mum and you all xxx

Ah bless you. It's so hard and so upsetting, this situation. I was just thinking we need to be trying to keep an eye on our elderly neighbours in this awful weather. I shall be knocking on a few doors tomorrow.
Let's hope this weather clears soon sweetheart.

It's an awful shock Andrea... I've rang all of my immediate neighbours today... one had a terrible fall in the street yesterday.... it's like glass underfoot here... xxx

Thanks Andrea... nothing was broken but she was taken to A & E... all bruised... poor love... she was lucky... easily done then you have to live with it for such a long time to recover xxx

Aw Andrea i understand completly my dad had altzheimers and its such a cruel illness to see someone you love disappear in front of you. Its not easy either when you can't get there. Hopefully this snow will go soon and you can get to be with your mum. Hope tomorrow is a better day hun xx

Aw Andrea you poor thing, youve had a terrible day. Im so pleased your Mum didnt need an ambulance its such a shame how she gets so confused. I hope you have a better day tomorrow and can get to see her soon (HUGS) XX

Thanks all!

I just feel so helpless at the moment, there is over 20in of snow here and its still falling now and again.
If i risk going out in the car to visit mum then im going to get stranded myself and im frightened to death of falling.

I live on a bus route and the bus hasnt been able to come past for 2 days now so i dont stand a chance.
She has enough shopping till the weekend at least, but last night she was still insisting that i go up this morning as ususal to take her shopping.

Oh i dont know, its really difficult. Mum is warm, she has food, and is comfortable, but she is in a routine and can get really stuborn because of the alzhiemers, then i start feeling guilty.

I will ring her constantly throughout the day today but there is nothing i can do until the snow starts to clear. xxxxx

Thinking of you Andrea and also your Mum... it's been so much worse that we could have anticipated... keep safe both and warm... loving hugs xxx

Morning all, well its good to see there has been no more snow fall for us here in Sheffield, which is great news, but now we have the big freeze.

I managed to get out yesterday and did my own and mums shopping. We waited 30 mins just to get a shopping trolley, and 1 hour in the queue in the morrisons, I have never seen as many people in one store ever.

I managed to drive as close to mums house as possible but i still didnt get to see her, my 2 kids had to walk to take mums shopping to her.

The thing with Sheffield is that it is so hilly, there are hills around every corner, but mum got her weekly shopping and so did i so i was very happy with that.

Im not feeling on top of the world to be honest today. I think its a combination of not being able to see mum..............and the worry of my wls which is sneakily moving forward and before i know where i am, will soon be here.

Im still hoping to lose at least a stone before i start my milk diet on Boxing day, but im beginning to feel that i have failed on my pre op diet. I have never ever been able to lose weight alone without the help of ww or sw except when my surgeon demanded i lose pre op which i did, i lost 18lb in 4 week, but im struggling big time now.
Time is running out for me now so iv got to do it now.............i will do it now.

Im worrying also that i have not received my letter from the hospital with my date, and given that the secretary messed me around by given me incorrect information a few weeks ago this is putting added pressure on me too, but that will be due to not receiving post because of the weather so i will be patient.

My new name is moaning minnie lol...............but this year has not nice for me, and i cant wait till its gone xxxx

I

I truly hope that the next year will be a better one for you. One full of joy and happiness and every awesome thing that you deserve.
Until it gets better (and even when it does) have some huge hugs off me xxx xxx xxx
Steph xx

Back