• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland hospital

Tra_cey1969

Hi everyone
Never used a forum before but I'm on the waiting list for gastric by pass at Sunderland and the whole waiting for a date thing seems to be controlling my life... Any tips advice or ideas on waiting times?

Hi Tracey I had my bypass on the 9th November at Sunderland I had the camera down in June and was put on the waiting list I waited for 5 mths and they told my on October 9th.

Thank you for this information, I'm unsure how to use this forum so I've just been reading other peoples information, it sounds like it's quite normal to feel like your life is on hold waiting for the date.. How are you feeling? Any hints or tips or regrets? Xxx

Thank you for this information, I'm unsure how to use this forum so I've just been reading other peoples information, it sounds like it's quite normal to feel like your life is on hold waiting for the date.. How are you feeling? Any hints or tips or regrets? Xxx
Hi I haven't used this forum loads felt a bit of a stalker at first because I was so eager for info ( still am I suppose) that I read everyone's story and was constantly on here I only stared to post when I got a date.
I am feeling fine thanks popped into work with my sick note today and I can't wait to go back I'm bored now I am having another week off so will have had 3 weeks off in total. I don't feel at all hungry but am looking forward to more texture in my food as I am on purée. It seemed like it was never going to happen but did quite quickly in the end. No regrets looking forward to seeing the results and feeling fine. If you have any questions or worries just ask and I'll try to help.

Hi Tracey
I'm also at Sunderland, I've just had my first appointment with the dietitian and bariatric nurse so I have a really long way to go and it seems to be all I can think of at the moment! I'm hoping this is normal and I will resume ordinary life at some point through this process :)

Hi you will have times it seems to take over your every thought and then you forget a little until the next letter or appointment then it takes over again I think it's probably normal and quite exciting at times it's seems like ages but hang in there and you will get there good luck

I think I'm becoming obsessed with reading and re-reading everyone's stories on here, I don't even have a date yet and I've already started a hospital bag!

I think I'm becoming obsessed with reading and re-reading everyone's stories on here, I don't even have a date yet and I've already started a hospital bag!

This is so like me!
I want to know every little detail. I have assessment next Monday when I see the surgeon, dietician, etc and find out if they'll approve me for surgery. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck with your journey :)

We must all be the same once we have made the decision, I'm like a spoilt kid 'I want it now!' I've dieted on and off for 27 of my 44 years it's too much!

I was the same before I read everything and some days it was all I could think of. It was a long journey 18 mths but when I did have it I was sure and have no regrets I am nearly 3 weeks post bypass and I'm going back to work next week I'm fine and have lost over 1 stone 7lbs since the op. They were lovely at Sunderland everyone

Safcrazy was that 18 month on the waiting list or 18 month from referral? How long were you in hospital? Was Mr Small your surgeon? Well done on the weight loss bet you feel great! X

Hi no it was from referral I had mr jennings but on knew which surgeon when I got to hospital he was lovely I went in on Friday afternoon had the op Saturday morning and went home on the Monday morning felt a bit rough the surgery day but not bad after. Glad the weight is starting to come off can't wait to get a few more stone off. It's not easy option having the op but I feel fine no hunger at the moment and I'm glad I did it good luck with your journey x

Wow! You're doing so well, well done on your weight loss so far.
I got all excited today when I got a letter from the hospital, thought it was my next appointment through, was only a letter to my gp with feedback from my last appointment and a suggestion for referral to the sleep clinic!
I'm still panicking that they're going to refuse me when they discuss my case - if I meet my weight loss target and do what they say can they still refuse??? That would be mean.....
....and devastating!!!

hiya not waiting for sunderland but waiting non the less im birmingham think on average once you see the surgeon and they approve and put you on the list its about 18 weeks or thats the guideline anyways if they follow it or not is a different matter

Wow! You're doing so well, well done on your weight loss so far. I got all excited today when I got a letter from the hospital, thought it was my next appointment through, was only a letter to my gp with feedback from my last appointment and a suggestion for referral to the sleep clinic! I'm still panicking that they're going to refuse me when they discuss my case - if I meet my weight loss target and do what they say can they still refuse??? That would be mean..... ....and devastating!!!
I know how you feel when I was admitted to hospital I was still sure they would send me home, a lady on the ward was refused and sent home I'm not sure why but she hadn't lost the weight I went in at 2pm but didn't unpack until about 7pm after the surgeon had been I was more nervous about not having it than the actual operation if you do as they say and they feel it is safe I think you'll be fine.

How long were you in hospital for Safcrazy? Any tips on what to pack and what to have supply of at home? I'm becoming obsessed with these forums I'm a bad sleeper and I wake up during the night and read any new feeds is it becoming an OCD if I start making notes lol (suppose this has cured my candy crush addiction)

How long were you in hospital for Safcrazy? Any tips on what to pack and what to have supply of at home? I'm becoming obsessed with these forums I'm a bad sleeper and I wake up during the night and read any new feeds is it becoming an OCD if I start making notes lol (suppose this has cured my candy crush addiction)
hi I went into hospital 2 pm Friday had the op 8am Saturday and home on Monday morning. Earplugs and lip salve for hospital I bought a dry mouth spray but didn't use it. They are lovely at Sunderland all the staff. I took nighties with joggers and a cardi to walk down stairs helps with trapped wind. I got a bit obsessed before it was all I could think of but now I'm feeling really well it's only been 4 weeks but health wise I'm much better already not so breathless I'm getting used to small portions and don't feel hungry I'm lucky had no dumping at all. Ask me anything ( well almost haha) and I'll try to help I'm pleased I've done it.

Hi I was bypassed sunderland in feb. Staff were lovely. Mr Balapuri was my surgeon.
After care and contact has been sparce but I haven't needed it.
They are experts there, good luck!

Thanks for the info people fingers crossed I won't have to wait too long, have a holiday booked for July and hoping to have enough experience of coping with my new body parts by then :)

Back