• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland hospital

Good Luck, Lynzy. I will be keeping an eye on u and tracey as I will be gleaning all the info for when i have mine. I am at Sunderland too but dont know when yet. I cant wait for the letter to say start the pre op diet but have so many doubts....... mainly about the hairloss and eating afterwards...... I am also worried about if anything goes wrong! im driving myself crazyyyyyyy! lol

Good luck and keep us updated

Hi just thought I would introduce myself , I've been reading for a while ! Got the phone yesterday and asked to go in for bypass on the 1st of feb at Sunderland :) nervous is an understatement but excited at the same time ! X

Hi just thought I would introduce myself , I've been reading for a while ! Got the phone yesterday and asked to go in for bypass on the 1st of feb at Sunderland :) nervous is an understatement but excited at the same time ! X

Wow exciting times!
All the best for your continued journey x

Good luck :)
Tracey I've been reading some of your posts, just wondered even though I've got my date I haven't got my pre op appointment yet... Does that come in the post? If u don't mind me asking how long did u stay in for and do you have to go in the night before as would prefer to go in the morn of op! Sorry for all the questions and thanks ladies x

Tracey I've been reading some of your posts, just wondered even though I've got my date I haven't got my pre op appointment yet... Does that come in the post? If u don't mind me asking how long did u stay in for and do you have to go in the night before as would prefer to go in the morn of op! Sorry for all the questions and thanks ladies x

I rang them for my pre op date as I'd received the phone call about the op date (due to a cancellation) on Xmas Eve, i rang between Xmas and new year as i knew the post would be all over. I went in 2pm on the Friday had the bypass on the Saturday home on the Monday. Think everyone went in the night before means your more settled, I was In a bay with 4 other girls all going for the same op same day and we kept each other going. Take dry mouth spray If you can get it it's a godsend when your on limited fluids- good luck and if you want any more info just ask :)

I rang them for my pre op date as I'd received the phone call about the op date (due to a cancellation) on Xmas Eve, i rang between Xmas and new year as i knew the post would be all over. I went in 2pm on the Friday had the bypass on the Saturday home on the Monday. Think everyone went in the night before means your more settled, I was In a bay with 4 other girls all going for the same op same day and we kept each other going. Take dry mouth spray If you can get it it's a godsend when your on limited fluids- good luck and if you want any more info just ask :)
. Rrrr thanks brill thank you ! Just rang said I should get pre op date soon scary stuff! Fab tip thank you will get some! I'm starting to get nervous a little now! First referral was 16 month ago and seems to have taken ages but now I'm here it's flying over! What time did you down for op ? Hope it's morning as worried about sitting worrying lol x

The first person went at 8:30 next at 11 I was just after 1pm I actually really enjoyed my hospital stay, it helps that others are going through same as you, your straight into a purée diet when you get home so buy some little pots at the £1
Shop and start puréeing all your left overs for freezer makes things much easier when you get home :)

Good Luck Loz, jealous with a capital J lol. Wish it was me, i driving myself crazy thinkin about it......

Hope op goes well for you. Keep us posted xx

The first person went at 8:30 next at 11 I was just after 1pm I actually really enjoyed my hospital stay, it helps that others are going through same as you, your straight into a purée diet when you get home so buy some little pots at the £1 Shop and start puréeing all your left overs for freezer makes things much easier when you get home :)
. Thank you that sounds like a brilliant idea I hadn't even thought of this like that lol x

Good Luck Loz, jealous with a capital J lol. Wish it was me, i driving myself crazy thinkin about it...... Hope op goes well for you. Keep us posted xx
. How long have you been waiting Joanne I only had my endo in October so was quite surprised when they phoned ! Hoping it's not much longer for you x

Had my endo on jan 3rd. hope it not much longer xxx

Can't see it being long at all Hun:) who's doing it ? I'm under mr small ! Get a tad nervous now! But keep thinking it will all be worth it :) x

I am under Mr Mahawar at the moment but this may change Loz

Seems that you loz and lynsey waited around 4 months...... think i can live with that...... just lol.

I just want it here now. Thought I was having a sleeve (preferred) but got hiatus hernia so cant. I was talkin to my friend the other day and she asked what the difference was between and why i preferred sleeve. I said because I would be able to eat the same type of food just less of it eventually.

She said i think that is why u want a sleeve because u need to make the change for life and this would have made you eat the same. If i was going to go through all the surgery then i should be prepared to change for life.

I thought about it afterwards and you know, i think she might be right... maybe i was fooling myself. but, the consultant has said bypass and now my mind set is totally changed. I am so up for the challenge now, i know its not going to be easy but if the truth were told i think i was fooling myself. it was a good wake up call.

See I've never even looked at the sleeve I wAs determined I wanted a band and was advised bypass however when we were set our weightloss targets I got advise to lose 7lb and kick the cigs! I've since been a non smoker for 4 month and have lost 3 stone 9lb however still need to lose another 5.5 stone but have yo yo'd for years. My letter came this morn asking me to go in on the 31st a day prior and has a different surgeon's name on so worrying me more now lol pre op diet starts Wednesday! Joanne 4 month will fly over promise ! X

See I've never even looked at the sleeve I wAs determined I wanted a band and was advised bypass however when we were set our weightloss targets I got advise to lose 7lb and kick the cigs! I've since been a non smoker for 4 month and have lost 3 stone 9lb however still need to lose another 5.5 stone but have yo yo'd for years. My letter came this morn asking me to go in on the 31st a day prior and has a different surgeon's name on so worrying me more now lol pre op diet starts Wednesday! Joanne 4 month will fly over promise ! X

Hi,
Sorry to jump in. I had mr mawaha all the way through for all my appointments then my letter came for the admission and my surgeon was mr schroder I was worried but there all fantastic :)
I'm nearly 2 years post sleeve op and best thing I have ever done.
Good luck ladies not that u will need it coz as I have said the surgeons are all great and very experienced x

Back