• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland hospital

Yeah Hope is right I had a bypass I saw Mr Balupuri all the way thourgh but when Igot to hospital I had Mr . MAHAWHAR. He was lovely, talked me through everything and came up at tea time when I was up and wandering about and said no need to ask how you are. I saw him briefly on Monday and then went home saw him on my last visit on discharge shook my hand and said well done . I only had 2 after apps. one was with the understudy and dietician n last one with him and dietician am now 2yrs 5 months post bypass xx

Thanks ladies, your support is much appreciated. I am in the right mindset at the moment and dont want to lose that. I do have doubts now and again but i think readin gon here everyone does.

xxx

I agree, all the surgeons are lovely at Sunderland. I saw them all in the run up appointments but Mr Balipuri did my op and he was really nice.

Feel a lot better now ladies :) just received my pre op for next Friday it all becoming real now ! Can I ask how long your stay was in total ? I'm now under mr Schroeder. Milk diet starts Wednesday this should be fun lol! X x

Feel a lot better now ladies :) just received my pre op for next Friday it all becoming real now ! Can I ask how long your stay was in total ? I'm now under mr Schroeder. Milk diet starts Wednesday this should be fun lol! X x
I went in Friday, op Saturday home Monday lunch time :)

congrats on the date i guess the stays vary from person to person

Exactly the same for me in Friday and home Monday another girl went down exactly the same time as me but didn't get straight up and had to stay in at least another day so I think the sooner you are up moving about the better

It is so nice to read about other people experiences! Dont feel like i am the only crazy one in the world!

This is brilliant ladies thank you ! Can I just ask when I started my journey at Sunderland my bmi was above 40 now with weight loss and the pre op diet starting I think it's going to slip below the 40! Can I ask if you don't mind what was your bmi ? I'm worried spoke to dietician and she had no concerns however I'm such a worrier lol xxx

There were people who were a size 16/18 getting it fine when I was being bypassed so don't worry !

Mr Schroeder at seminar said it doesn't matter if you fall below a bmi of 40 during the process, it's your starting bmi that determines if you get it. I was a bit worried about that too - didn't want them to turn round and say I didn't need it any more :)

Mr Schroeder at seminar said it doesn't matter if you fall below a bmi of 40 during the process, it's your starting bmi that determines if you get it. I was a bit worried about that too - didn't want them to turn round and say I didn't need it any more :)
that's what I was worried about being turned away at the final stage ! Thanks ladies ! X

Can anyone recommend some easy foods for the puree stage?
My favourite was cauliflower cheese puréed. Mmmm Other things i liked were cottage pie, fish pie, a tin of thick soup puréed etc x I got the m&s ready meals but you could make them yourself and divide them up but I was happy with the ready meals.

Can anyone recommend some easy foods for the puree stage?
I had puréed chicken dinner, beef broth, kipper&tomaoes, mash beans n cheese, beef casserole, lamb casserole, basically everyone's left overs went in my blender with a bit gravy :)

i have pureed left overs from things like shepherds pie casseroles etc you can pretty much puree anything and freeze in small tubs i have mines all done ready

Thank you iv been shopping today and got loads of stuff so going to prepare some things tonight.
When is your op Lynzy? x

I had it on the 18th came out of hospital on monday. Must say im very impressed with Sunderland the nurses were fantastic. Havnt even had any pain relief since monday everything seems to be going really well! Hopefully I will stay this positive lol

Back