• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Camera doesn't lie.

Sambucca

I've been feeling a bit out of sorts the past 48 hours or so. Doubting myself and thinking that I shouldn't need to resort to surgery to cure my weight problem. Probably just the usual doubts that everyone has but I've really been feeling quite crap about the whole thing.

Anyway, today my hubby has finally got round to putting the xmas photo's on to the pc and OMG...

I am huge. I think I have been in denial for so long about my weight, thinking im not as big as I am, thinking Im happy being big... blah blah blah... prob same as many others.

But these photo's have really upset me. They've shown me that I NEED this surgery, so that I can stop being trapped in this fat and start living my life.

Awww Sam :hug99: it's hard when that happens. I remember the same thing from a works do picture. I was devestated! BUT, well done to facing up to it and talking about it instead of burying the feelings under chocolate x

Sam, hun I have totally had that 'how could I be that big' moment but the worst one came after my surgery if you can believe it! I was trying to find something to wear to the Manchester meet 2 weeks after my surgery & hubby thought he would be helpful and take photos of me in each one so I could see how they looked. I had a bloated tummy from surgery & looked knackered but was the worst is that I had already lost weight and I looked sooo big! I had put so much weight on in the months before surgery (due to a broken ankle and a lot of self pity) that I couldn't even see a slight difference which was so soul destroying that I burst into tears.

That was when I thanked god that I had had wls and would never have to see myself like that again. Now I look back at those pictures and smile because that version of me is gone forever!!

(((Hugs)))
Nic;)

Thats the good thing about those "evil" photos - once we have got over the initial shock/shame/depression they are often what motivates us.
I rarely allowed photos to be taken of me and struggled to find one of me at my heaviest to post in my photo album. When i found one i agonised over whether i could bear for other people to see it, but i have bitten the bullet and put it out there, so that i have to admit to how i looked/look and i'm now motivated by wanting to add more photo's as i get thinner - so that's my plan, keep adding the pics and hopefully each one will look better than the last.
I too doubted the surgery after watching an Oprah last week where people had lost 10+ stones naturally. I thought if they can do it, shouldn't i ? But i realised that i have tried "naturally" for 28 years and it hasn't worked yet, so i'm not going to waste another year. I'm resolute, i don't have the long term willpower so its what i need !!

Hiya Sam!

I remember clearly uploading my family holiday photographs in 2005 and seeing this virtually unrecognisable person looking back at me. She was smiling, but it was almost a grimace. And so much flesh! Aaaaiieeee!

It was me. :sigh: Where had she come from? I didn't remember me ever being like that? And yet I knew, deep down, I had been for a while.

It was those photogrpahs that made the penny drop and spurred me onto do LL. Yes, I lost 7 stone and I felt great (you've seen my album in my profile!). BUt here I am again. Amnd last year's family photographs have the same grimacing me in them. :sigh::sigh::sigh:

I have now faced the grim reality; that I cannot maintain the loss with willpower alone. I have a rubbish relationship with food. I need the physical barrier that WLS will offer me.

Does any of this sound familiar?

You are a gorgeous woman. Keep the faith and let's do coffee this week xx

I hate having my photo taken so very much. But have you looked back on photos from a while ago and thought "god I looked great then" but when you were the weight in the photos you felt you were over weight and that it was not a good photo? I was recently showing some photos of when I first started to gain weight and I now think I looked great in them but at the time I remember cringing at the thought of them...I so hate having my photo taken that I know I am missing out on so many memories.....and remember once you have your surgery they will be a distant memory...chin up chick...xx

i think keeping pics is a good thing in a way, and progress pics are good as well, maybe taken once a month and put together in order say over a year, thats what i did and some times i felt i hadnt done good that month but when you put the new pic next to the previous pic you can actually see the changes happening.
i now have pics from my 1st year and they are a nice keep sake for me, showing the progress made which can only be a positive thing.

liz x

hey toots, you are now well on the process for surgery and look on the photos as the old you the new you is under development. You are a working progress you are a great person and you will soon have the boday and the confidence to go with it. Hang on in there pm or text me if you need to chat, thats what friends are for. ((((((BIG HUGS, MORE HUGS, OH YES AND ANOTHER ONE))))))

thanks girlies. you are all so lovely. xxx

hi
god did you type it or me ?
wls - me why do i need it i am not obese its just puppy fat lol yes ofcouse i need it i weighed 20stone 5 pound just over a year ago for god sake.
i never have my piccy took everyone could not be;live i had a photographer atmy wedding 8 years ago when i weighed 16 stone.
i always knew i was overweight but untill i had my three kids and put an extra 4 stone onto my already overweight body it hit me and then friends would take piccies and there would be me in the background doing something s not to be in the photo really and i wodul be huge side on front on back on massive.
hubby woudl get teh video camera out for christmas and birthdays and the kids would want to watch it and there i would be on teh sofa taking up most of it in my nightie no bra just huge !!!
i really want some piccies taken every couple of weeks just need the guts to have hubby take them.
Then all I can say if come on band and make me a fit thin bird i deserve to be.
xxxx

Sam, I know where your coming from, its got to the point now when I don't have my photo taken anymore, I hate em!
However I do want a nice family portrait once I'm a nice size again.
Sooo this time next year we will all be posers!!!

Allie, I would love to have a family portrait as well, but there is no way on this earth that I would waste money on that now. Im going to make that one of my goals. Thank you for the idea!

Your feelings of wanting to pull out of surgery will get stronger as you get nearer to your operation date, but these friends you have here and I will keep you focused on that photo, because I for one now know it's the right thing to do for anyone who has suffered being a fatty for years :fear:

a family portrait is what i'm thinking of asking hubbs for for birthday in August :D

a family portrait is what i'm thinking of asking hubbs for for birthday in August :D

Brilliant idea Shel. You will be sooper dooper skinny by then (as if size 14 isnt already sooper skinny!)

Your feelings of wanting to pull out of surgery will get stronger as you get nearer to your operation date, but these friends you have here and I will keep you focused on that photo, because I for one now know it's the right thing to do for anyone who has suffered being a fatty for years :fear:

Thank you John. Don't worry, I dont intend to pull out of surgery - was just having a bit of a wobble thats all!

thats the plan Sam, he hates that we don't have any of our wedding pics out, so i thought it would make him happy too. We're planning on renewing our vows at some point too so we can have a new set of pics that I'm not ashamed of. Prob next year though as planning a massive 30th party this year that will stretch our budget enough!

aww Shel, that is lovely. I think renewing your vows is sooo romantic. And if you are lucky you can get a 2nd honeymoon out of it lol

Back