• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Lovebugs Lap Band Diary - I GOT THE JOB !!! YIPEEEEE!!

why can you never think of a good joke when you need one - laughing is good therapy!!

Well done on a good trump 'n' dump! LMAO

Hi I am new to this site , Livvy thaks for shaing your experience and hope you are feelign so much better. I am seriously contemplating a band going to see my GP I think maybe Monday, I also live in London has anyone been successful in getting this done on NHS ?? Ihav some hralth problems too which is making me desperate to loose the wieght as my mobility is seriously being effected now.... trouble is not got he funds at the moment an with son getting married and having to find money for that , Livvy do yo know if they do the op at royal free ?? if not nhs any good banks to rob lol Jude

Hi Jude, Welcome to the site !!! Yes feeling much better today thankyou. I'm sorry i don't know about Banding on the NHS in London as i had mine done Privately. However if u start a new thread with your question, alot more people i'm sure will answer u as there are a few banders to be on here using the NHS. Sorry i can't help with your first query !! Here for anything else u may wish to know about bands etc :) speak soon xxx

Hello everyone, Well today is day 4 and i'm feeling good ! Able to move around a bit better. Still slight pain in my shoulders from the anaesthetic and bloated but feel more comfortable. Been able to eat my soup now and drink alot better. Its a weird feeling as u swallow because the liquid u can feel travel down to the band and then filter into your stomach ....getting used to the sensation now. Still been taking gripe water as the trapped wind is still stuck in my chest but again getting used to the feeling and it will subside within the next few weeks. I know i shouldn't but i weighed myself and i've lost 3lbs already ...yipeee since tuesday !! Love it !! ha ha ! Feel very well and today i'm just gonna rest again and do what i do best ....NOTHING !! he he ! xxxx

pmsl xxx about time you got rid of that 'baby' xxxxx

yay well done livvy! thats a stone and a half now isn't it? that's great :)

Morning all ! Well its day 5 now of the op and feel very good ! Slept on my side last night was so comfy. Bit of neck pain but is getting better daily. No need for any painkillers and naughty i know i weighed myself and lost another 2lbs :)

Just wondered if anyone could advise me :

I have been taking liquid Antibiotics and it has given me Mouth Thrush...i've had it before years ago when i had to take them so i know the symptoms. I have been using Daktarin since first thing this morning but i just wondered if anyone knows of any other over the counter remedy they have used? I have been looking on the web and i wonder if taking Diflucan ( for Vaginal Thrush) is something i could use aswell as it does contain the same stuff u'd treat mouth thrush with. Just wondered if anyone has ever used it ? I'm off to see my clinic in a bit but i don;t think they can issue prescriptive drugs and i just phoned my GP and can't get an appointment till 21st !!! Oh the woes of living in london !! anyway any help would be most appreciated . Feel free to PM me if u'd rather not broadcast your health issues . Thanks so much.
Lots of love
She who has a burning mouth and throat and can't taste anything !
xxxxx

Hi Livvy...i ended up with oral thrush after the op too from the ab`s. Keep using the daktarin 4x a day....but also swilling your mouth with 3-4 drops of tea tree oil in warm water, a couple of times a day, helps to clear it up quicker too.

The diflucan tablet can help a little with oral thrush but it doesn`t always work...your best treating oral thrush topically...normally takes about 10 days to clear completely.

Hope this helps x

Hi Livvy

Good to hear you are feeling great apart from the oral thrush, not nice.
Hope you start feeling better and well done on the losses xxx

Claire and Livvy, which ABs did you have?

I had Cefalaxin, but it happens to me whatever AB's i have groan groan ! Went to see my Clinic today and they were so happy to see how well i am. Had all my obs and then had a Fat% Test, WaterLoss% test and they say i am doing so well. In the 17 lbs that i have lost from the pre-op diet 11lbs is PURE FAT Lost !!!!!!!! which is a really high figure so my body wasn't holding and isn't holding that much water retention which is good for weightloss. Had my bandages removed which did make me feel rather faint ( such a drama queen ha ha ) and they have and are healing so well. Have been told they will only be hairline scars and my surgeon has obviously done a Marrrrrrrrrrrvelous job ! Should bloody hope so at that price ha ha ! anyway all is well. Been eating some ice cream for my sore mouth and was told i can have Jelly and Custard and those MiniMilk things ...YUM ! Had some nice Brocolli and Cheddar soup in a lovely restaurant today ....felt so back to normal. Did get very full up and was so nice to leave some over ....took that feeling of being normally such a "piggy " away ha ha ! Mind u Eamonn said at that price he'd wished he could have had it he he...but i didn't let him !! anyway great day all in all. Just resting this evening at home, i'm going to have a small glass of vino i think !! To celebrate my amazing week !! xxx

mmmm brocolli and cheddar soup is one of my faves! Will have to make some post op :)

Your losses are amazing Livvy, you'll be at 14 in no time :D well done you, hope you're as proud of yourself as you should be x

Back