• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Lovebugs Lap Band Diary - I GOT THE JOB !!! YIPEEEEE!!

great to chat Livvy, hope you enjoy your family lunch - just remember to stay positive hun and things will start moving again soon xx

Hello all !! Finally have the time to write my diary been a busy few days ....I did the Miss England finals , great fun but very tiring. If i'm honest i think i did over do it , was quite painful bending over all day and not sitting down but have been able to rest now and feel much better. I'll put some pics up soon of what i did but i wasn't allowed to take pictures really ....everywhere were signs " The taking of photo's is Prohibited. Rights owned by Hello and The Sun " was a bit gutted because i needed them for my portfolio but as a makeup artist at the show i am allowed to obtain originals from them so once i get them i'll be able to get them printed and added to my book. Was a really fun day tho, i think i might be on Richard and Judy during the week, as i was making up one of the contestants i had a big camera in my face ha ha and when he stopped i said ooh who are u and he said i'm from Richard and Judy and he said if it makes the cut i'll be shown...so keep an eye out !!

Oh and i had a chat with Miss Surrey ( the one in all the papers,who they say is OVERSIZE !! didn't do her makeup but wish i had because the girl she bought privatley with her made her face so white and her body so tanned it didn't look to good !) and said to her how she felt about being portrayed as "Overweight "when she's only a size 14/16 and she laughed it off said in fact it was good publicity etc . She looked alot bigger than the waifs in the show but she looked the healthiest in my opinion and if i looked that slim in a dress i'd have done it naked !! haha . As i said i'll get some pics uploaded soon of my work . I did 6 out of the 21 who wanted it done so was a good day. Hopefully get lots of work from it , gave out loads of cards and also sneakily managed to do the make up of the owner of the company who does Miss India Pageants and is well known in the Indian Beauty industry and also the Director at Helen E cosmetics...i was so nervous doing her because she is so in the know but she loved my work and asked me if i would like to work for her but i have turned it down because its retail and i want to stay in the field i'm in and be freelance and not have a boss ha ha ! But she took my card anyway and told me she could let me use her products soley for my work but again if i'm honest the products are good but i come from the world of using so many different products and my Kit is worth more than a small car and to only be stuck to one produt range is not my bag ha ha ...but all in all gave me a bit of a boost and i'll look forward to doing it again next year !!

Diet is still going well, i had a panicc during the week told Allicat maybe my band doesn't work ha ha because since last week i had not lost a pound and i spoke with my Clinic and they say my body had plateaued majorly because of the extreme lack of food i was eating. I had been doing everything to the letter BUT when i didn't feel hungry i didn't eat however only just having the band just under 2 weeks ...I never feel hungry hence sometimes i didn't eat all day and just have soup in the evenings. This is wrong and now i realise i still have to eat no matter how i feel. So i started having my slimfast again in the morning , a small tub of cottage cheese in the afternoon and Soup again for tea ....and i have lost 2lbs in 2 days ha ha ...so now have lost 29lbs and 11 of that is since my op on the 7th !! great eh ! i also now realise i need to put fuel in my body for it to burn off and not just use my own fat stores which stops weightloss so thanks to Allicat for reassuring me :) Anyway yesterday i was also telling Allicat that i was meant to be going to a BBQ and didn't feel like it a) was tired, b) it was a residents BBQ in the complex we live c) i felt i didn;t want to get to close to those here because when i come home i just want to crash out and not worry that someone is going to knock on my door for a chat !! Ugh! ha ha ! HOWEVER how wrong was i , was a lovely time and i'm so glad i went. I didn't eat anything but had Wine and it was lovely, felt a bit pissed ha ha and everyone was so nice, friendly and to be part of the community spirit is a nice thing. In fact people were talking about what i had just said above and it was others fears too ( so i don't feel so snobby now ha ha ) and everyone agreed it was just a nice get together and its nice to know you have people around that u get on with and no one wants to be come the annoying neighbour etc so at 2am when i crawled my stairs with my lovely nextdoor neighbour who is spanish and she is so funny ...i'm so glad i went !!

There all downstairs today finishing off the food that was left over Burgers galore but i might pop down later for a glass of wine and say hello again ! Another good thing is i park my car quite near the doors to the complex which isn't allowed but i made a point of telling a few people what happened to me ( the ones who i know probably think i'm some up her own arse parking where she likes etc) and they all agreed it is not a problem and they understand fully why i don't park where everyone else does and its not a problem. So now i can park my car without the fear of someone telling me i can't because they know how badly i was attacked and they all offered me there numbers if i ever was to need help at home or if there was a problem in the car park !

So anyway all in all things are well, i'm up beat, looking forward to a a few days rest now. My dad's 60th is coming up soon so i'm organising his surprise party so exciting !! so lots to look foward too and will keep u posted on my weightloss and how things are going !! Speak to u all soon xxxxxxxx

p.s Oh heres a link to the Sun pictures and the girls i did make up for if ya fancy a butchers :) : Slideshow PopUp

Miss Halton Pride,
Miss Middlesex,
Miss London,
Miss Hertfordshire,
Miss Newcastle,
Miss Black Country,

Great to hear you so positive again Livvy, well done on the loss - that is over 2 stone gone now - BRILLIANT!!!!

Loved the slide-show, the girls all look great (but in my opinion there are some interesting fashion choices there - hark! who made me the fashion police??) Will try and remember to look out for Richard and Judy this week.

Keep up the good work x

Hiya Livvy,

the girls you did look beautiful, you must be very good at your job!

Take it easy now and look after YOU for a few days x

Hiya Livvy, will answer the other post over here...mm calories?? bugger were we meant to count them??? My hospital gave me a leaflet but no mention of how many calories..(I'm screwed then!!)
I have been panicking about the amount I can eat..I mean, what I get through in a day now is a smidge compared to before...but I have been stuck in sizes 26 to 32 for over a decade and damn flipping right I want to get rid of all that as soon as possible. Since my appetite has come back somewhat, my weight has fluctuated between putting two pounds on (cough.. roast dinner yesterday...cough...) and losing 2lb etc you know tiny variations. I am just dying to get the fill over with before I stretch the pouch or something. I eat soooo slow though and never can finish a whole smaller serving..so maybe all our worry is born out of sheer impatience to get slim...you know summertime now etc...all hyped up on the build up and op itself..I dunno thats what I reckon xx We all need to have a bit of faith in ourselves and stop worrying I think. :)

Hi ya Neen, Aw thanks for your reply....na you don't really have to count calories as such but i think once were filled we do have to eat healthy so a healthy weightloss is between 1000 - 1500 calories but don't fret we'll be full up ha ha . My nurse called again just now and i did ask her about food qtys and she said we will be able to eat practically normally before we get filled and not to worry. as long as we don't out on Loads of weight and i mean half a stone etc what we eat is not a problem before the fill. I can still only manage small amounts but i am looking foward to some texture !! liquid , soups etc are getting boring. Next week i can start in Puree so yeah still squidgy but might be more tasty things on offer ha ha ! Since my wobble this morning i really wouldn't worry about what your eating you have no fill and now your stomach is back to normal ...once filled and any further fills needed to achieve consitent weightloss will be a whole different ball game :) yipeeeeeee! xxx

Ahh right, I was going to say, I would imagine I eat slightly smaller portions than a normal non food obsessed naturally slim person sort of lol. I have not had any trouble with solids really...careful of white bread, I usually have best of both or something. I am definately able to feel full on less, so yesterday was lovely as I had roast chicken and raspberry brulee cheesecake for pudding..and DAYAM!!! it was nice hehe (off to hoof up and down guiltily on my step again...)

I'm so sick of liquid diet that the texture of a side plate is quite appealing....! lol xx

he he he - would it not help to know that I just had my first solid (ish!!) food for a week - a whole scoop of vanilla ice cream - yummmmy!! Have been told to do custard/yogurt/soup for the next couple of days, then I can have mushed crab, mash, cheese sauce, gravy (not all on the same plate!!) Can't wait!!

hehe well, my fill is on the 30th of this month so nearly there! I think I tried mash and cheese first, then I got so peed off with mushy mush I tentatively tried slow chewing beans and pasta and I was just incredibly careful. For the last 2 weeks I have just eaten normal foods but I make sure I eat small mouthfuls that are easy to liquify in your mouth thoroughly before swallowing. I mean I took a chance slightly earlier than recommended but I was so fed up of squidgy stuff and right off yoghurts . I have not had a problem yet but then I expect I have just been lucky, so I would urge you gals to please please be careful whatever you decide to try. I find rice hard to chew up to mush actually. I had a baked spud with cheese tonight and a little pot of chocolate custard. Beware of dunking biccies in your hot drinks like me though lol...I am in pmt mode so my sweet tooth goes off the charts and I get laden with fluid usually but should be all over by fill day! Then I guess I eat like a supermodel here on in...well a sensible healthy supermodel maybe!!!

Oh so not long to go eh !!! can't wait to read how it goes ...make sure u post everything that happens etc ....be such good info for us banders ! I'm gonna try a few new things soon...tonight i had a bit of scrambled eggs and some soup but got so full so quick was nice tho. Looking forward to eating something more tasty tho !!!! Yum ! xx

Hello just a quick update on my diary. The side of my belly has been hurting the past few days but as i said before somewhere else its because now my muscle is just getting used to the Port attached. In fact today its really calmed down so feel alot better about that ...mind you i have replaced it with Period pain ha ha ...ouch !! I did wonder over the past few days why i had felt so tired and it suddenly dawned on me this morning that its because of my period that i feel this way. I did think it was my food intake but i always get this so that answers that question !! I think with all the hustle and bustle of the op i had completly forgotten about periods and stuff ha ha ! i have had a little craving today of something sweet but nothing like it was before ...i'd have eaten the sofa covered in honey if i could of !! So i had a small tumbler glass of Cornish Ice cream tonight and it was lush ! I woke up this morning on my front so tonight i might just do my starfish impersonation as soon as i get in bed and be done with it ha ha. Had my counselling session which was such hard work, it upsets me so much and when i got home i was exhausted and felt like i didn't want to speak . Eamonn worries when i get like that after but i don't think he realises that i have to dredge up such traumatic things it blows me away sometimes . I was meant to phone Mandy but thankfully she understands because i know i wouldn't have been able to talk to her but by tomorrow i'll be fine i always am the day after...bit like part of the weight i carry in my head gets less and less :)

Ooh Tomorrow ( Wed's) i'm off to see Michael Buble at the O2 ( Millenuim dome ) and can't wait ...i love him! !!:worthy: A good girly day out!! . Eamonn is chauffering us there and back:character00182: , perk of living with a Black Cab driver !! So me , mum, my sister mel and my best mate danielle are going about 3 ish and i've got my plastic flutes and the girls are bringing some vino so we can have a few drinks on the way :party0036:and dinner when we get there yum !! and a bit of walkabout before the show starts at 7.30 pm so will choose wisely and hope somewhere has soup or something soft maybe could have the inside of a jacket potatoe worst case should be ok not had a potatoe for yonks !! . The people i'm with know i have had the op so its not a problem.
What to wear is a big thing tho....i have lived in my leggings for weeks now!! UGH !!! My tummy is too sore to wear my jeans or things with a waist band . in fact the new jeans that i bought before the op and fitted fine don't actually fit even tho i've lost weight cus my belly still feels a bit swollen . Might try them again tomorrow but if not i have some lovely long kaftan tops so will just wear one of them and my leggings...thank god that look is in fashion !! ha ha !
Eamonn weighed himself this morning and without dieting has lost 12lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think because i'm not munching away all day long and night he has chosen more fruit and stuff . Glad for him because the only reason he has got overweight is because he used to play football 3 times a week, saturdays and sunday !!!!!!!! as fit as a butchers dog !! But he has for the past few years suffered with athritis in his left ankle and some other form of serious Bone disfunction from all the injurys he suffered and sadly now will never play footy again or ever walk the same and be able to run and i think deep down it had depressed him and hence the weight came on from being unable to excercise like he did . But 12lbs has given him a twinkle in his eye and once i get back to the gym i know he'll join me swimming etc . I do think men carry weight better anyway i like big strapping lads ...he's built like a rugby player and as tall too so in my eyes he's gorgeous !!!!!! Phwoar !!:drool: ha ha !

So all in all another good day in the Lovebug household . off to bed now to dream of Mr Buble ha ha ( schh dont tell Eamonn :ignore:)....! speak to u all soon xxxx

Wow, sounds like you have a great day planned Livvy - enjoy!!! Look forward to hearing about it tomorrow!! Well done to Eamon too - are you sure he didn't nip in and have a band done at the same time on the quiet????? xxxxx

Ohhh very jealous Livvy!

Enjoy Buble - you deserve a great night out!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who still feels like my tummy is big & swollen! I can actually wear my jeans but they feel too tight by the end of the day and then I panic that I've eaten too much.

Well done Liv and enjoy the concert xxx

Just on my way out !! So excited and ......JUST TRIED ON MY JEANS AND THEY ARE TOO BIG FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEE!! First time i have normal clothes on !!!!! and nothing baggy !!!!! So i've got on a sleevless chiffon Victoriana Style Shirt, Wedge heels and my slim fit Jeans ....Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha Sorry but i just have to tell someone ha ha !! I'm back to normal !! Bye bye leggings !! xxx

Back