• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Lovebugs Lap Band Diary - I GOT THE JOB !!! YIPEEEEE!!

Oh shel thanks so much ! I do feel very proud of myself. Like i was telling my clinic today...its like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. That battle with weight seems so in control now. I'm not naive to think its all going to be plain sailing but i have such a great support network My Family, Partner, Clinic and You lovely bunch on here ....what more could a girl want eh !! Well a size 14 pair of Earl Jeans wouldn't go a miss one day ha ha ...we'll get there :) xxx

who's earl? :ashamed0005: will he mind you having his jeans?

(I am 28 and not 58 really, I am I am I am)

ha ha quite witty shelbel !! oh its just my one of my fave makes of Jean. Just the best cut and so flattering quite hard to get hold of now new . Worth the dosh if u wear jeans like i do ...would sleep in mine if i could ha ha ...gonna be my first treat !!! when i can fit into them....:) xxx
3.jpg

carry on at this rate Livvy and you will be in them in no time xx

I'm so out of the loop when it comes to trendy its unbelievable. My jeans are MK1 because they are the right length for me, but they are hardly flattering!

Mind you, I've never been trendy, and doubt I ever will be, I was a goth in my teens and have always steered clear of fashion!

For you though, it will be great being able to fit into and look good in all those designer jeans!

Hello all i realised i haven't posted on my diary today ....i like to keep this because i'm saving it on my computer diary to look back at one day ... i have already been asked by a company (can't say who i'm afraid )if i'd like to do some PR for them ...but thats something for the future and if i decide to do it would be helpful i suppose.

Anyway my mouth has really cleared up today ....still a bit sore but no way as bad as it was !!! I'm taking Nystatin to remove the infection i got from the Anti B's . Told my boyfriend to remeber for life that i must never have anti b's without it ha ha ! I have had it before but it was at a very bad time when i had been viciously attacked and robbed and i think at the time when i had it i blocked from my memory but hey ho...won't ever forget again ha ha ooh been soooooo sore!! My tongue looked like i'd drank Bleach ha ha ! anyway have been eating my soup and drinking lots of water and everything is working well ! Weighed myself and since last monday's op i have lost 9lbs !!!!!!!! I'm now in the 18s ( 18.13 ha ha ) But still in the 18's and not nearly the 21's like i was 3 weeks ago !! Feels so great mentally and physically. Had my nails done today ...was a nice treat. I normally have them done regularly but due to the op was told to take them off a week before by my surgeon.Me being me thought Oh no....how can i go in to hospital with my hands looking so crap !! i've had them on for years !!!! anyway My hands felt like sausages ( silly really how little things like that make a difference) so had them put on very short ( cant be scratching those contestants faces on Friday at the competition !! ) and done very dark....oh classy ! ... Also i popped out to buy some new china ....i feel better having smaller plates and bowls and cups because i find i still look at a bowl and think it needs filling ( oink oink ! ) or i make a mug of coffee and realise i don't feel the need to drink the lot because i have to drink and eat slower now anyway so takes away that thought. Also i've decided every week i'm now gonna have lovely fresh flowers on my kitchen table as a reminder of the changes i'm making so purchased some gorgeous Lillys in Yellow and Orange nice and bright and happy ! . i've always loved being given flowers but always thought how nice it is to sometimes treat yourself to little things that make u happy so its now on my list instead of the "daren't say how many quid " a week i used to spend on shopping ha ha !

I also thought as i was in the nail bar with my mum today how amazing it is that know one knows in your daily life in shops and general places the changes we are going thru...in a way its like sometimes i feel like shouting " oi i'll come in again in 6 months and see if u recognise me ha ha!" because i feel so proud of what i have done and already acheived !! but then normal life kicks in and i realise running around in a shop naked screaming " Im a Bander i did it !!" wouldn't go down well at the local police station. I just feel really well mentally and physically and today a few things happened on this site that got me very down and angry for a few minutes and made me realise not everyone will agree with what i have had done and may think i'm a cheat and part of me wants to shout " I'ts bloody hard work what we've done and how brave we are !" but again its my secret and those only in the know have to know and i'll learn in time to be proud of myself and not seek that recognition and acceptance that sometimes i feel is my weakness. I am who i am eh !

Anyway off to make a hot chocolate ( Options one ! 40 calories ! ) with Skimmed milk (like blimmin white water !! ) and get ready for bed and zzzzzzz ! Its 12.30pm and i don't feel particularly tired but if i don't get some routine back i'll still be up at 4am like i have been !! Ugh !

Thanks again to all on here who are supporting me thru this amazing change i'm going thru...its so nice to be part of something so special .Will be forever indebted to u all :) Night Night xxxxxx

Great to read your account of events so far ! sounds like a great hospital :0 I managed to catch a cold whilst I was in..trust me ! You can imagine sneezing and being afraid everything was going to pop open! and I forgot , the pain in my shoulder was probably one of the worst things about my experience...how on earth trapped wind affects your shoulder is beyond me...oh and your posts reminded me how scared I was about the loo hehe...I had benefibre powder in my yogurt actually...highly recommend that!

Livvy you do make me laugh! Can imagine all those gorgeous miss england contestants with big scratch marks down their chops! Make sure you take it easy on Friday, don't over do it!

The flowers are a lovely idea. I love having flowers in the house, we only ever tend to get them when we've got visitors or when my hubby is feeling romantic (rare - he's a brummy).

Wish I could have lovely nails like you, I have psoriasis and it affects my nails. They spontaneously got better about 3 years ago, but then I had acrylics put on for my wedding 2 years ago and it caused them to flare up again! They are UUUUUUGLY.

Hi Livvy.......

I love the way you rwrite, you are so funny, and cheer me up when i am down........

I love lilly's have got orange and yellow ones onmy table at moment, hubby bought them for me!!!!! they are the best flower in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!(well in my opioion)

I uderstand exactly how you feel about how people react, that is one thing i struggle with, at the moment apart form the people on here alot of people are very negative about it, and treat me like i have cheated or choosen an easy option...... no-one actually knows how hard this easy unless they themselves have been threw it, feels so hard for me at the moment as everything is a struggle!!! i say i once had a problem with food now food has a problem with me.....LOL

Keep us upsdted. love ya

hey liv,

Just wanted to say hello and that I've not forgotten you. Still feeling cr*p so not enjoying sitting at the PC. I check minis on my iPhone but it takes ages to write replies... Hence why I am not saying much these days!

Looking forward to a good chat on MSN when I am feeling better xx

great post livvy, you do make me laugh my muppet friend xx

Livvy ignor the ignorants they mean nothing to you, I have really enjoyed your diary so far and am looking forward to starting mine
HC

Thanks everyone :) and yes HC i will ignore them and thanks for your support mate. xxx

So anyway people i went for a CURRY Tonight :eat: !!! ...but ooh the smell of garlic in this lounge is awful !!! its not me but the man laying on the couch snoring !! poooohey !!! ha ha...oh i love him !!

But before u all gasp :eek:" oh my god she has reverted back to her old eating habits ...piggy alert !!

i'd like to award myself the slogan ....

" Cheapest date in North London" :party0011:

It was so nice doing something normal....and i ordered a very runny Tarka daahl ( lentil dish) and a small Chana Masala ( Chickpeas but had it pureed and .....THAT WAS IT !!! and i only ate ......1/4 OF IT !!! was Full to the brim !! and as with a band u shouldn't drink until 1-2 hrs after...our bar bill was ...BUGGER ALL ha ha !! and also because of the lack of food on our table ...i never realised in an Indian there is space on the table to put your arms because usually we have so many dishes ...u'd think we had invited 10 relatives who had let us down :D!!

:silly::giggle::wavey:I know once all my swelling has gone down i will eventually start to eat slightly more until i have a few fills but hey its never going to be in the qty i would usually ! Love it !! anyway so Eamonn said he'll take me out alot more now sod cooking at home ...no idea why ??? Do u ?? he he !

So came home tonight and had a few mouthfuls of jelly ....wasn't starving by any means but it was glowing in the fridge and was just checking it was set :p...swallowed it and within ten mins i had a pain in my neck and now realise its a bit of a sign for me know when i have had too much. Was worried for a sec that i was going to be sick but again my drama queen exploits need some work because when i said to Eamonn he just shrugged his shoulders and said well let it out and carried on reading the paper .....Er no "Mr Your meant to jump up and arrange resuscitation"....that will hurt !!! Wasn't sick anyway was just a tad full oops !! but i need to listen to my body and i do realise in the indian that when i had had enough i did think it in my brain but my hand somehow wasn't listening and bought the food to lips ...How annoying !! Must learn !!

So all in all today has been a new experience ...going out for dinner but not eating soup like i have been. Oh and i told the waiter ( by the way the indian is 2 mins from us and we know the owner so well when we ring he answers and says " will be 20 mins Mr Eamonn " without us saying a word !) that i have had a very sore throat for a while now and everything i'll be eating from now on will be mushy and soft so it doesn't get scratched and infected . i think he believed me :D and In a year when i look like Cindy Crawford i'll just tell them the throat is better and the food could have slightly more substance he he ! was only a treat anyway ...not going to be my staple food like it was before ha ha . Oh by the way the reason for that is i have half an indian family so since being about 3 i was used to eating curry ha ha . My dad is Irish /Catholic and my mother is from London/Jewish but my nan remarried and my stepfather was Anglo indian...so we have good partys in our family. The Irish bring the drink, The Indians bring the food and the Jews....well bring nice presents ha ha ..( ooh hope i haven't offended anyone !! I'm a bit of them all so i can say that ! ...its a joke !! )

Off to buy a digital camera in the morning because mine is broken ....bit gutted really because Eamonn gave me tonight a £50 quid voucher for NEXT for me :cupid:( don't ask bless him!! he either bought it off someone cus he's a London Black Cab Driver say no more Guvner !! Someone left it in the back seat ...or its because he thinks that by losing nearly 2 stone i now can fit in there clothes ! m m m m ! but have accepted it with thanks because its still £50 quid and who am i to argue .... never say no to money my dad always said ...Thanks Dad !! he he!
But wish they sold blimmin Camera's !!

Mind u i will look in Next and see if anything does fit never really shop in there Eamonn does somtimes and i know in womens some items go up to 22 and i think im a size 20 top now but i have a Big belly. Very long legs !!! probably size 22 at a push now so trousers in there are a serious no no ! but worst case i'll just put it towards the undies and sexy bra i will be adding to my list of things i would like to wear. i think Eamonn would be quite happy with that purchase in the near future me thinks !!

Anyway off to bed its 1.30am...oh and by the way i didn't go to bed last night till 5am !!! i just don't seem to feel at all tired !! anyway better go because i need to open the windows and spray the room with airfreshner ha ha . Speak to u all soon. :nightf:xxx

P.s i just checked the receipt of the Next Voucher card and its his Bank card that paid for it...so will take back anything i said before ha ha ....oi oi Guvnerrrr! xxxx

Oh Livvy, you make me laugh with your threads! Even at 2am! I can't believe that the waiter believed that you had a sore throat. I'll have to try that one.
On the Next front, they do size 22. I'm actually sat right now in baggy (I love that word lol) size 22 Next pyjama bottoms. My mum got them for me, but I must say that when I have browsed in Next, size 20 and 22 are few and far between. I'm up north, so you may have more choice in London though. If you have trouble and want to spend the voucher to keep hubby happy then their large size dressing gowns are very large and snuggly and the shoes are always there.
Happy shopping for a camera tomorrow. Remember we will all expect pics of the new, slim you!

oh cheers Sara !! i so should be in beddybyes zzzzzzzz ooh gonna look at the Dressing Gowns...mine look like i've killed someone with the amount of makeup smeared on it ( i have washed it !!) ....but time for a new one then....in BLACK could look in mens if not eh !! will have a look tomorrow .Night night xxxx

hey there guys. i have been reading through a few threads of people that have had ops recently. i think you are all remarkably brave and dedicated to do what you are doing. i am a cder and it's the only thing that has ever worked for me so far... i just wanted to ask what these ops include... i know i sound a bit thick but i honestly don't know what the procedures so many of you have had entail. could somebody explain it to me please?

and livvy. your family get togethers sound amazing :D ha. mine usually involve some kind of argument, trying to decide what food to either order in or wait for someone who wants to cook something 'special' to cook it... usually we don't get to eat until close to midnight... not that that's a problem for me at the mo on cd, ha.

abz xx

another great post Livvy - you have a fantastic way with words. Enjoy spending your money today and hope you find a great camera. Curry - love it but just couldn,t do it yet!!! EEK. Chat soon xx

Great post Livvy, sounds like you're doing really well!

Back