• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Lovebugs Lap Band Diary - I GOT THE JOB !!! YIPEEEEE!!

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Hello all, Well I’m on the "losing" side now !!! Hip Hip Hooray to me !!! :happy036:

Had my Lap Band op on Monday and today is Tuesday ( its 5.30am as i'm writing this couldn't sleep just a bit uncomfortable but to be expected ) BUT I feel so much better ! !!
So I went in on Monday 7th at 4.30 and below is a run down on what happened for my new band to be peeps due to have there’s and anyone else who fancy’s a read about about Lovebug Livvys Lap band!!

" So I arrived at the Highgate Hospital at 4.30pm and I was sooooooo nervous but as soon as I walked in the door...it seemed to calm me . The receptionist was so friendly and the hospital was so posh ha ha like a hotel !! I filled in a form and was told to wait in reception. Then a porter came over and asked me if I would like a newspaper for the morning ….I thought I bloody hope I get to read it because one of my fears was dying from the anaesthetic ha ha was the best Daily Mail I’ve ever read !! anyway about five minutes later a nurse came to me and said she would show me to room. So me and Eamonn had a look around and wow was a lovely room, Plasma TV with Sky so he was pleased ha ha . Nice bathroom and everything I could possibly need. Towels, Dressing Gown, Slippers the Works !! So was in the room for about half hour and a Nurse came in and gave me my gown and those horrible socks for DVT …and paper knickers !! We !! I thought I hope they fit !! but they did fine …amazing how big elastic paper pants can stretch !

So I changed and just had a nice relaxing lay down on the bed an watched Deal or No Deal and then the Obs nurse came in, did bloods, Blood pressure etc and then the Anaesthetist came in a few minutes after and he was sooooooo nice and put me at ease. I told him all my fears and he explained that to die under General Anaesthetic is VERY VERY RARE ( like most of u told me ha ha but to hear it from him was like a ray of light ) so he explained the procedure, told me he would look after me and I was not to worry about a thing. Then a few minutes after Professor Nadey Hakim came in, ( I’ve seen him on Telly and in the newspapers ) and he was just the most gentlemanly, friendly, put me at ease, joked with me and I just felt so safe in his hands…( ooh lucky him eh ! ) so all in all I waited about 1 hour from the time I got there and then was told my op was at 6.30pm and exactly at that time I was picked up by the Nurse and walked to theatre ( only across from my room ) and when I got there all the people I’d spoken too gave me a HUG !! and said they’d see me after and not to worry etc. Was so nice !

So in theatre I just laid down on the bed and they talked to me the whole time, was very light and airy and not at all how I imagined. Once they had hooked me up to all my technical stuff, and put the drain thing in my hand they told me I was about to go under and they asked me about my job and I started to talk and then …boom was like a normal Saturday night feeling very drunk and oh what a lovely feeling like drifting off to sleep …………and then 1hr and 30 mins I woke up…..( now I am just going to be honest no fluffing it up ) IT WAS AGONY ….but they have to do that to get u to wake up and then I was given morphine…..but it took a while to work and I was crying a lot in pain but they calmed me down and I was taken to my room to see Eamonn and I think he was a bit shocked because I was shouting “ I’ve just paid 7k and I want u to take the pain away PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! “ but the surgeon came in and said to stay calm in a few minutes it will subside. It did for a bit but it doesn’t go away totally. I realise now the pain I was in was not my stomach …it was my neck and shoulders where the gas gets stuck when they pump you up to gain access. He told me my Liver was perfect for the operation but a lot of Gas was needed to pump me up ha ha Therefore that type of pain is hard to control due to this reason. Once I knew that I did calm down a bit but i had to ring Mandy because i just needed reassurance . I don' actually remember what i said ha ha i was as high as kite !! But thanks Mandy for listening to my babbled speech , it did help me because Eamonn said after i didn't seem so panicked ! But it was painful…Ouch !!! I thought i had a good tolerance to pain i've had kidney stones but this was more the shock of one minute being ok and the next waking up from an op ( never had an op before !!) and feeling pain !!

Once I had rested a bit the Morphine did kick in and I was comfortable and given iced water to sip which was heaven!!!!!! I had a look at my stomach and I looked like I was about to give birth. Very Swollen !! But I have 5 little plasters covering the stitches and my whole stomach is covered in Plastic ….feel like a tellytubbie !!! ha ha This is so I can shower and keep my stomach very clean and free from Infection.

Anyway I didn’t have a very good night to be honest…was uncomfortable during the night so was given more morphine and some Tamazapan to help me sleep but somehow I just couldn’t so laid watching TV and the nurse came and sat with me just chatting away. I must have eventually fallen asleep about 6am and then got woken at 7am!! ha ha My surgeon came to see me and to check I was alright and said once I had been x-rayed I would be able to leave about 11 ish. So had all my Obs done again. went to X-ray and had to drink this Pernod (aniseed) flavour Gumption and was told not to swallow it till I was told. However due to the taste I accidentally swallowed it ha ha EW !!!!!!!! So had to try again and this time I did it right and was shown my x-rays and was told I was free to leave!! Great service eh ! So I went back to my room, showered, changed and then was given some antibiotics in Liquid form and told to take a painkiller if I needed it .

On the way home however it was AGONY ha ha !! Eamonn is a London Black Cab Driver and his Taxi is the bumpiest thing ever. I never realised the suspension on that big thing would be a problem but now I wish he had bought my car so I could have laid down in the back because to sit up was quite painful !! anyway eventually got home twenty harrowing minutes later ha ha and was I glad to be HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I took my antibiotics and have had to keep taking Crushed up Co-Drydamol because the pain in my Shoulders and neck is quite bad ….however once the tablets kick in I feel ok. I can’t bend down or get up that easily from a chair but that’s only normal. My stomach is very tender and feels a bit like I have a stitch from running . I have a bit of a back ache too but that is the wind I have stuck. So I’ve been sucking chewable Remegel and sipping Peppermint tea.

I have been able to drink a coffee normally…lush !!. I had half a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup yesterday evening and it was lush too…to be honest I didn’t feel hungry but I needed something to soak up the Tablets and stuff I have been taking. I've been crushing my tablets and having them with a spoon of Icecream ....goes down well and nice and cold.
I feel very thirsty so lots of water is going down in sips. I went to bed about 10ish and was in a bit of pain but it subsided and I’ve slept well so I woke at 5.30am had a back ache and neck ache but no tummy pain…its just a tight feeling in my stomach and I feel rather Windy !! ha ha done a few blow offs …nice !! and a few burps ( which hurt a bit !) but all in all…I’m well.

I could have lied and said oh its all hunky dory….but I think its better to be honest to those due to have the op so they know what to expect. Sitting here this morning I feel so much better so just going to rest. Take my medication and anyone due for the op …Buy one of those heat pads u can put In the microwave…there a godsend for Pains in the Neck and Back!!! off now to make a coffee and watch all my Sky plus stuff I’ve taped ….I’m so happy….I did it and I’m proud of myself . I did weigh myself yesterday night…put on 2 lbs but they say it’s the bloating and water retention. The only thing I haven’t done yet is a Number 2 ha ha . I have Ducolax for that but will give it a few more days because u can imagine that’s going to be a bit painful as my tummy is sore…But hey !! Nothing is as bad as I thought and I’m a BANDER !!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Anyone wants to ask anything I’m back on now and speak to u all soon xxxxxxxxxx:)

alliecat

frustrated bander!
Great read Livvy, thanks for the honesty, can hardly believe this time next week i will be a bander too!!

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today xxxx

Alice

Loser :)
Hooray! Welcome back Loser! (see what I did there? lol)

Thanks for the detailed account Livvy. It's good to know what to expect.

By the way, Co-Dydramol can make you horribly constipated so if I were you, I'd get going on some laxatives now if you are taking it regularly...

Hope you feel better soon.

Alice xx

saraian24

Prawns pittas rule!!!
Congratulations and glad your home safe and well! heres hoping the weight falls off and your healthy and fit in no time my luv! congrats again and hope you recovr quickly from it! :)

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
so good to see you back posting Livvy, amazing story.

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi Livvy

Thanks for the honesty in writing your story, well done and make sure you do rest xxx

Alice

Soooo Livvy,

When you feel up to it, I have a question: Do you feel very nauseous? I've heard you can feel really sick for a few days after the band is put in...

Thanks hun,

Alice xx

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Soooo Livvy,
When you feel up to it, I have a question: Do you feel very nauseous? I've heard you can feel really sick for a few days after the band is put in...

Thanks hun,

Alice xx

Hi Alice, I don't have any sickness at all!!!! yipeeeeeee!! The only thing i feel today is sooooooo bloated. I look 9 months pregnant ha ha ! ( never had a baby !! ) Its hard to get comfortable and i need help to sit down and get back up again. I have eaten a few mouthfuls of soup today but i'm way to full to eat anymore and i have no hunger whatsoever. I don't feel sick when i eat its just the bloating stitch like feeling i have that makes me feel uncomfortable and taking the tablets crushed and the liquid Antibiotic does make u feel a bit sicky soon after but from yesterday i have noticed a difference . I have hardly any shoulder pain now but its hard to take a very deep breath because it feels like my insides have been kicked by a donkey but on a scale of 1-10 from what i felt on day one i'd say i feel 5/10 today so getting better !!!! :) xx

Alice

Well now that is fabulous news :) Thanks for that Livvy - makes me feel a lot better xx

alliecat

frustrated bander!
Glad you are on the mend Livvy and feeling a little better each day, chat soon x

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Oh Bandy girls to be ...I'm so excited for u !! I feel so well today! No pain just a sore belly and lower back !! It really is fine having this done. Don't be fearful.... !! I know i have the after side now to deal with but so far so good. I have had a couple of sips of slimfast today and i am so full !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very windy tho ha ha ...but it doesn't come out ! I need to blow off if i'm honest but my tummy is too tender to push it out ha ha. I had a good sleep and this morning i lay on my side and it was comfortable too. I just feel like an Eighty year old pregnant windy bird .....Great !! Can't wait for u all to join me on the "Losing Side " ....its worth every worry i can assure u . So Today i feel 6/10....getting better !! xxx

Alice

hahaha Livvy you are funny :) So pleased you are feeling better! I can't believe I will be joining you on the other side the day after tomorrow! Reading your diary has been a great help to me - thanks matey!

Alice xx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
LMAO Livvy I've got the most hilarious mental image now!

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
I've done the deed (4 days later !!) and i've had the best blow off ( in 4 days !!) that i have ever had :rotflmao:....but Painful !!!cus when your stomach is that sore it seems impossible but don't fret anyone it does eventually come out ! Feel a bit less windy now ha ha !!:happy036: Just thought i'd share that with my most lovely friends and any banders to be he he !....Medal on its way to me !! Oh Thankyou, thankyou , thankyou , i'd like to thank my mum and dad and the man in the corner shop and the chemist ha ha ! Speech over !! :pxxx

alliecat

frustrated bander!
pmsl. glad you have finally done the 'deed' at least one of them anyway!!!

Alice

hahaha I don't think I've ever seen anyone so victorious after taking a dump :)

Congratulations Livvy ;) lol