• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things you'll do when thin(ner)..........

Meggie

I was just thinking about some things I'd like to do when I'm thinner. For example, I've always wanted to do a sky-dive but am too big. When I get small enough I'm DEFINITELY doing one!! Would also love to train and actually run the whole of a 10k race!!!

What about you guys???

(1) Charity parachute jump
(2) Manchester 10k
(3) Start playing badminton again
(4) walk into a room and not think " I'm the fattest person in here" !!

(4) walk into a room and not think " I'm the fattest person in here" !!

I'm with you on that one!

My ambitions are a bit smaller but hoped for all the same

1 Regular visits to the gym
2 Buy clothes that fit me from a shop that doesn't stock plus sized clothes
3 Dress how I want to, not just what's comfortable and will fit me
4 Walk more

My only life long ambition I have not achieved is to run (or walk lol) the london marathon. My teenage son has promised to train with me when I get healthy enough. I used to love running and would love to take it up again

Sooo many things!

Be able to dance all night and possibly even go to salsa classes or something along those lines :D

Also to not feel like i'm not good enough and to love myself enough that i'll allow someone else to love me too :)

I also want all of the above!!! I would love to run the London Marathon but have decided to aim for a 10k run first!!! I used to love running so think I'll love it again when I'm smaller!!!

Everything/anything - without a single thought about "will I be able to" or "how bad do I look"

can't wait:)

Hahaha not pushing down on a chair/table before sitting down on it to see if it would break!!!!

Hahaha not pushing down on a chair/table before sitting down on it to see if it would break!!!!

Oh yes, I'm definitely with you on that one.

I also (currently) avoid the dreaded plastic garden chair, I've had one of them break under me.

I would also like to slide into a fixed bench and table without having to suck my tummy in.

I'd like to be able to eat in public without people glaring at me and asking themselves if I should be eating that.

Oh yes, I'm definitely with you on that one.

I also (currently) avoid the dreaded plastic garden chair, I've had one of them break under me.

I would also like to slide into a fixed picnic table/bench things and table without having to suck my tummy in.

I'd like to be able to eat in public without people glaring at me and asking themselves if I should be eating that.

You've got to love the all-knowing public!! They're fantastic!!! :worthy: So helpful and knowledgable about what is best for us when they don't even know us!!! I've had more abuse this year than I ever have!!!

I'd love to sit on one of those fixed bench things without spending the whole time wondering if its going to tip backwards, even if I'm the only one on my bench and there's six people on the other side!!!

I had a deckchair break under me. And a small table. Both equally mortifying. I was the jolly fat person and laughed it off though. :wave_cry::cry:

:bliss:Ooooooooooooh I want to learn to scuba dive aswell. Strictly speaking I'm not too big to do that now but I'd be scared of getting in a wetsuit and being harpooned by some passing Japanese whaling ship!!!!:rotflmao:

My number one ambition will be TO HAVE A LIFE!!!!

My life has been on hold for the past 10 years and I've done virtually nothing at all apart from hide away at home. I sure hope it's true what they say that the 40s are now the new 30s cos I need to go back and re-live my 30s again lol

Things I'd like to do:

1) go out for a walk in my local village in daylight hours!

2) go on holiday and feel comfortable wearing summer clothes in public!

3) be able to go to cinema/theatre without worrying whether my big bum will fit in the seat! (struggled at O2 recently, had to wedge myself in/out of the seat, so embarrassing!!) :eek:

4) do a charity walk/run of 5 or 10km

5) feel confident enough to go on a date ... or two! ;)

6) to actually be respected and treated as a valid person!

7) to go running/cycling/swimming without being stared at!

8) take up charity work abroad that I've wanted to do for years!

9) climb Kilimanjaro!

10) GET A JOB!!!

That'll do for starters! :D

:bliss:Ooooooooooooh I want to learn to scuba dive aswell. Strictly speaking I'm not too big to do that now but I'd be scared of getting in a wetsuit and being harpooned by some passing Japanese whaling ship!!!!:rotflmao:

Ooooooooo yes!!!! I want to do that too but have never dared get into a wet suit before either lol

My number one ambition will be TO HAVE A LIFE!!!!

My life has been on hold for the past 10 years and I've done virtually nothing at all apart from hide away at home. I sure hope it's true what they say that the 40s are now the new 30s cos I need to go back and re-live my 30s again lol

Things I'd like to do:

1) go out for a walk in my local village in daylight hours!

2) go on holiday and feel comfortable wearing summer clothes in public!

3) be able to go to cinema/theatre without worrying whether my big bum will fit in the seat! (struggled at O2 recently, had to wedge myself in/out of the seat, so embarrassing!!) :eek:

4) do a charity walk/run of 5 or 10km

5) feel confident enough to go on a date ... or two! ;)

6) to actually be respected and treated as a valid person!

7) to go running/cycling/swimming without being stared at!

8) take up charity work abroad that I've wanted to do for years!

9) climb Kilimanjaro!

10) GET A JOB!!!

That'll do for starters! :D

All fantastic goals hun!! Ones I'm sure you will achieve within the next year or two!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Take my daughter swimming.
2 Shop normally.
3 Have a holiday with activities.
4 Go horse riding.
5 Learn to drive.

for starters..............

drive my car without the steering wheel rubbing on my belly.
not having to extend the seat belt to max.
buy two t-shirts for £6 from tescos.

It's amazing what we all want to do, all of it would seem normal to most people (apart from Meggies with the daredevil dreams).

I want to walk into any clothes shop without thinking the assistants are thinkings ''dream on girl''...

I want to swim with my girls...

I want to RUN!

I'd love a bike and to be able to go cycling with my girls and OH...

I want to walk into a shop/pub/restaurant and not spend a minute or two mentally calculating the route i will take so as not to have to ask people to move or get stuck...

I want to be able to zip my ankle boots up without huffing and puffing and cocking my foot up a few steps up the stairs before i go out.....

I wanna wear tights, i hate them, but in the winter and when you reach a certain age i think you need something on your legs...

Last but not least, i wanna fly and not have the extender belt but most of all........... i wanna pull that tray down and eat my dinner without it being at an angle and me cakking meself in case i spill something.

That will do for now :)

to finally walk without any pain,
to have the confidance to get a job,
to not be so damn tired all the time,
to go on cycle rides again with my family,
to go on holiday and not have to ask for a belt exstender.lol
to want to have sex again,
to look in the mirror and like what i see,

im with Phatmomma on the not wanting to have to ask for the orange extender belt on a plane.... im off with my lovelly fiance in june so better get my skates on lol.....

aaaaaand i have aquired a mountain bike in readyness for the cycling to begin :)

Back