• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things you'll do when thin(ner)..........

Everything/anything - without a single thought about "will I be able to" or "how bad do I look"

can't wait:)

That is exactly what i do poppet. ive never thought Oh i want to do this that and the other when im thin.
I have just taken every opportunity as it has come along and gone with the flow. The world is now my oyster and full of possabilities its what i do with the opportunities presented now!!

It has been really interesting reading this thread and I can relate to an awful lot of it. I'm not very brave, so something like sky diving at the moment frightens the life out of me ... maybe if my surgery 'happens' I will feel better about things that that. I think at the moment I would love to go swimming, to walk longer than 10 mins without panting (probably start panting after about 3 really lol). I have visions of doing a half marathon and since I got stuck in a chair in Menorca last year need I say more.

I always find these types of threads, really inspiring - some of you have some amazing ambitions :D

Mine are:
1) Shop in normal clothes shops (particularly Hobbs, I love the styles in Hobbs)
2) By able to buy all these bargain clothes everyone keeps telling me about in Primark
3) Walk into a room & not worry about how big I look or if I am going to fit into the chair/table
4) Play with my daughter & not be exhausted after 10 secs
5) Queue for a roller coaster ride without having worrying the whole time if I will fit in the chair or not (same for airplanes)
6) Own and wear a classic little black dress - there is nothing little about my black dress ;)
7) Run the Race for Life instead of walking it very very slowly every year
8) To live a normal, happy life without fear or shame

Thats it!
ejc

Wannabeslimagain (Lisa) i'll do the race for life with you.... We might walk it this year, but next year we'll be in training to run it girl xx

Walk to the sea from my sun bed on my forth coming holiday without being wrapped up in a huge sarong Lol Ime quite lucky because all my skin has gone back to where it use to be Lol and believe it or not I dont have any stretch marks on my stomach just a few on the top of my legs so its bikinies all the way for me (I bought 5 new ones size 14 from matalan) boobs have a lot to be desired though:eek: Gail x

Ok this is the biggy for me, i'v never told anyone because i'm so ashamed of it.
I want to sleep in the same bed as my husband. I don't sleep with him now because of my snoring.

Ok this is the biggy for me, i'v never told anyone because i'm so ashamed of it.
I want to sleep in the same bed as my husband. I don't sleep with him now because of my snoring.

aww sue that would be brilliant xxxxx, my husband would probably like it if i didnt sleep next to him but i dont give him the choice. x

• Climb one of those wall things at Xscape
  • new tattoos
  • ugg boots and skinny jeans
  • Run a 5k with my sis
  • Climb a hill with my pal who goes hill walking
  • Run with hubby

Glad I started this thread!! Nice to see everyone's answers!!!

Dont be ashamed of it we ALL know what you mean personally i've stayed away from relationships in the last 12 months (not that they are knocking my door down) mainly due to the fact i have a CPAP machine and that embarrasses me if i got a new partner though i wont have it for much longer, Sue if and i'me sure it is important for you to sleep with your husband you can buy the machines and it stops the snoring or you will get one when you've had your sleep studies they are a god send, i hope you dont think i'me beng to personnal or insulting your intelligence.

Dont be ashamed of it we ALL know what you mean personally i've stayed away from relationships in the last 12 months (not that they are knocking my door down) mainly due to the fact i have a CPAP machine and that embarrasses me if i got a new partner though i wont have it for much longer, Sue if and i'me sure it is important for you to sleep with your husband you can buy the machines and it stops the snoring or you will get one when you've had your sleep studies they are a god send, i hope you dont think i'me beng to personnal or insulting your intelligence.

I used to wake myself up because my snoring was so loud - my whole family used to laugh - now 5 stone lighter I'm pleased to say I don't snore at all.

there are so many things I would love to do, most already mentioned, but I just cant imagine being thin! I am convinced that I was not born to be thin....although the weight is coming off, in my head I just cant imagine being anything else than obese! xx

i so hear you. i have this nagging doubt in my head if this op is going to be for nothing - can my body really be slim? maybe i will always have an 'obese' brain. feedback welcomed about this:love047:

yeah it's weird even when people say oh wait till your thin, you will be thinner than me, we can swap clothes..ect ect, I always say the same thing 'I wasn't born to be thin, I will never be thin' and I dont mean it in a bad way just that I can't imagine myself ever being slim cos I dont know what it's like i suppose! although I am crap at taking compliments too, when my friends say how much they can tell i have lost weight, I say stuff like 'still a long way to go, and I dont see it.....instead of thank you! Self esteem issues maybe?? xx

totally agree.

self-esteem issues maybe or maybe as the case with me it can also be the fact that i failed at every single diet in my life. ie. gained it all back, and probably don't want to jinx it yet AGAIN!

My list is similar to a lot of other peoples, these aren't in order of importance (don't want to appear shallow / vain lol !)

1. Buy the occasional piece of designer clothing
2. Bag a bargain in primark
3. Wear some killer heels for more than 5 minutes
4. Not have to pretend to my neice and nehews that i'm not going on the rollercoaster because i'm scared of them when in truth i'm scared of the safety belt/bar not closing and having to do the walk of shame out of the queue !
5. Climb to the top of Roseberry Topping (a small hill in North Yorks) without needing resuscitation !
6. Cross my legs in a ladylike manner in a meeting
7. Find out if i haven't been able get the hang of golf because my belly and boobs were in the way or if it's really because i'm just rubbish at it !
8. Not feel self conscious / ashamed when my hubby introduces me to friends and colleagues
9. Not have to constantly look for somewhere to sit down because my back and knees hurt or avoid events/places that i know i'd have to stand still for a while
10. Go running with my brother and cycling with my hubby

Think i'd best stop with those ten - the list could go on and on........

Back