• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking of a band

No worries hun, here anytime you need a chat :) xx[/QUOTE

Ok guys I eat and eat and drink alcohol and can not change my eating habits Help?
My bmi is 35 dunno whether to have a sleeve band cbt councillor or what!!

I still drink alcohol - but only two nights a week, and my BMI was under 35 when I had the band.

Be honest, if you lost the weight again, could you keep it off for good?

I knew in my heart I couldn't, so I went for the band. I didn't want my BMI getting any higher.

Ok guys I eat and eat and drink alcohol and can not change my eating habits Help?
My bmi is 35 dunno whether to have a sleeve band cbt councillor or what!!

I think the best way for you to start would be to look at CBT before you even think of going down the surgery route - exploring the eating habits etc that you have, why you eat and triggers etc can be immensely helpful.

The band (as it with other surgeries) require a BIG change in eating habits, and if you aren't prepared or cannot change those eating habits then surgery will not work - tackling them head on prior is then the best way to start and will hopefully help you in terms of where your thoughts are for moving forward with any potential surgery.

You can still drink with a band. Some people choose not to due to the "empty calories" etc, some people choose to include it in controlled moderation as part of a balanced "life". If you think the changes needed which ARE needed to make surgery a success aren't things that you're prepared or willing for right now, then it would suggest that you're not ready for surgery or indeed that surgery isn't ready for you

:)

Look into CBT, get the ball rolling, because it will help you in the longer term with any decision that you make!

Back