• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking of a band

I am a size 18-20 5ft. 7weigh 15 st 7:( lost 3half stone on lighter life felt great at 11 stone 4. Put all back on.what can you all eat a day? Worried but think a band may be only option as tried other diets, thankyou all so much for your kind support. Xxxx

You are an almost identical weight to me (or my start weight anyway) - and I lost the same amount of weight and put it all back on!! I've tried every diet under the sun too.

I'm so glad I took the plunge and went for the band.

If you follow all your provider's guidelines, it gives the band the best possible chance of success. A lot of failures are down to user error, then they blame the band. Don't worry, it doesn't mean you can't eat anything! In fact, you can still eat pretty much everything, so you still need considerable willpower. You just have smaller portions and have to eat much more slowly and chew a lot more. I had this fear too, but ultimately the desire to lose weight was stronger. So far I've not felt denied in any way, I feel free!

That's the perfect way to describe it banderbird, feeling free :) food doesn't take over my head anymore and it's the best feeling EVER :)

Thankyou :) guess I just gotta take the plunge. Dreaming of those beautiful dresses in my wardrobe that I wanna get into.
My hips ache and I feel Like I wobble when I walk, At the moment it's just drink eat smoke, ridiculous know I am destroying my health and I got take the bull by its horns and get a band.

2 years ago when I was married I git down to 11 stone 4 and danced loads I got divorced and have let myself go big time. I like you girls who have lost weight remember the feeling and joy of getting into that beautiful dress and wearing it all the compliments and feeling healthy. ???

I think when u have been slim before u remember how great it felt, putting weight back on after a loss for me was far worse then being big in the first place. I love being slim, being normal, being attractive. I had to have the surgery before I hit a stage in my life were I stopped fighting and dieting and living the constant yoyo battle, leading me to get bigger and bigger..

I have been out every weekend for the past 4 weeks, a different outfit every night, skinny jeans in all different colours, and tops tucked in... !! (Never been slim enough for that) My hubby can't keep me I'm, I'm loving life.. Just because I'm 20lb lighter!! It's strange I know.

All of which feels and taste far better then a take away!!

Thanks Lou?
Have a night out on Friday dident wanna go but will loose my friends if I don't! Think I wanna give up smoking first and book an op for a band in January xx

That was meant to be smiley face not question mark silly phone ha

Oh huni, don't be upset :( do you wanna talk about it? You can pm me if you want to and don't want it on the board x

Oh huni, don't be upset :( do you wanna talk about it? You can pm me if you want to and don't want it on the board x

Thanks Emma can talk here, I just cried when trying clothes on, just trying to find the courage to ring up and book my band. Who did you have band with?
I have had consultation with the Hosp group, how soon after operation do people get restriction? 6 months after band fills?x

I had mine through the hospital group, I found them to be very good and I can't fault the aftercare. It's taken me 4 fills to be happy with my band. I think you need to be prepared that it does take a bit of time to get it where it needs to be.
Sometimes I think it's just better to bite the billet and get on with it. Once I had made my kind up, in was booked in within two weeks xx life is too short to be miserable and upset with the way you look and feel. If you think the band is the answer for you , book it :)

I had mine through the hospital group, I found them to be very good and I can't fault the aftercare. It's taken me 4 fills to be happy with my band. I think you need to be prepared that it does take a bit of time to get it where it needs to be.
Sometimes I think it's just better to bite the billet and get on with it. Once I had made my kind up, in was booked in within two weeks xx life is too short to be miserable and upset with the way you look and feel. If you think the band is the answer for you , book it :)

Thanks Emma hugs,
When did you have your band fitted? How much have you lost?

It was fitted at the end of July and I've lost 33lb so far x must say it was slow to begin with, I actually put on weight at first so be ready for that too, but don't be disheartened when this happens, it's very normal after being on the liquid diet for the month. So it took the first month to get the stone I put back on off ( if that makes sense) and then the following 3 months to lose 33lb xx

It was fitted at the end of July and I've lost 33lb so far x must say it was slow to begin with, I actually put on weight at first so be ready for that too, but don't be disheartened when this happens, it's very normal after being on the liquid diet for the month. So it took the first month to get the stone I put back on off ( if that makes sense) and then the following 3 months to lose 33lb xx

Thanks Emma I am 15 st 3 now, I need to loose 4 stone I wonder how long it will take to loose, wow you have done fantastic xx

Had my 4th fill three weeks ago, so up to 7.5ml in a 10ml band. Was due to have my next fill on the 21st of this month but I cancelled it as I don't feel I need another, I'm very happy with the level I have now. My meals satisfy me and I only get hungry at set times now. It's great :)

Had my 4th fill three weeks ago, so up to 7.5ml in a 10ml band. Was due to have my next fill on the 21st of this month but I cancelled it as I don't feel I need another, I'm very happy with the level I have now. My meals satisfy me and I only get hungry at set times now. It's great :)

Thanks Emma that's really helpful xx

Back