• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 South Tees

Bling Babe

Great weight loss
Hope mums ok
Merry Christmas xx

Sarnie

Still no call from the manager who decides whether I can have an extension on tier 3 :( I'm scared to call because I don't want to hear them say no, I know I will fall off the wagon big time if that happens because 'what's the point'! I'm still doing my food diaries and have lost 4lb over the last week - the weird thing is I haven't approached it as I normally would and although I usually would lose 8 or 9lb I a first week - I'm happy with the 4lb as I've eaten well, I've been making better choices (mostly) I've still ordered chips whilst out and about but I've left half of them...maybe something really has clicked. The prospect of being pushed back a year has hit me hard.

On a more positive note : my mum is in surgery! She has waited 30 years for this, I'm so proud of her. I'm very nervous as she is my absolute rock and there's always the possibility of issues but I'm really pleased she has gone through with it. I'm gutted that I won't be there when she wakes up - I've 3 year old twins and I don't think she will be up for seeing them straight away! I so wish I had been there when she went down to wave her off and wish her luck :(
If I don't come back on for a bit Merry Christmas :( x
Hope all goes well for your mum. Merry Christmas and I hope you get good news about tier 3.
Don't say what's the point of weight loss, the point is with or without surgery, the health benefits and how it makes you feel will always make it worth it hun xx

Irene44

Hope all goes well for your mum. Merry Christmas and I hope you get good news about tier 3.
Don't say what's the point of weight loss, the point is with or without surgery, the health benefits and how it makes you feel will always make it worth it hun xx

Well said babe it truly is worth xx

amelia2311

You guys are right, I know :) still doing ok though busy busy busy! Christmas has begun for me - presents bought and wrapped, cards posted - on time! Decorations up (and tacky! -love it). My twins are getting so excited, they're just beginning to believe so it really is magical for them! We started doing elf on the shelf this year and they get up every morning asking where it is! Such a great ploy for making them behave(ish)!

Mum's surgery was on the 20th - they found and removed a polyp that added an hour, had to contend with a breastbone to pub is scar from her sterilisation years ago so that added nearly 2 hours and then the monitors all went off in the of her surgery so had to wait for them to get sorted too - off ward for 9 hours - no one would tell me anything for 7 (when she got into recovery) was a worry! She is doing so well though and looks more healthy than she has in years which is a surprise - perhaps the polyp was causing her lots of trouble or was super dehydrated and the fluid has helped?! She has had a few spoons of food and is doing well with her water! I'm shocked at how well she is doing to be honest. Really pleased and so happy for her!

It's going to be a week of temptation but I've no Christmas treats in the house so I shouldn't fall off too badly! :) will allow myself christmas day with no guilt though - hope everyone else has a very merry Christmas too!

Maria61

You guys are right, I know :) still doing ok though busy busy busy! Christmas has begun for me - presents bought and wrapped, cards posted - on time! Decorations up (and tacky! -love it). My twins are getting so excited, they're just beginning to believe so it really is magical for them! We started doing elf on the shelf this year and they get up every morning asking where it is! Such a great ploy for making them behave(ish)!

Mum's surgery was on the 20th - they found and removed a polyp that added an hour, had to contend with a breastbone to pub is scar from her sterilisation years ago so that added nearly 2 hours and then the monitors all went off in the of her surgery so had to wait for them to get sorted too - off ward for 9 hours - no one would tell me anything for 7 (when she got into recovery) was a worry! She is doing so well though and looks more healthy than she has in years which is a surprise - perhaps the polyp was causing her lots of trouble or was super dehydrated and the fluid has helped?! She has had a few spoons of food and is doing well with her water! I'm shocked at how well she is doing to be honest. Really pleased and so happy for her!

It's going to be a week of temptation but I've no Christmas treats in the house so I shouldn't fall off too badly! :) will allow myself christmas day with no guilt though - hope everyone else has a very merry Christmas too!
Hope your mum recovers well xxx

Irene44

Ah that’s fab that mum is doing well :). I’m sure you see how well she does and that will help your motivation too :) have a lovely Christmas honey xxx

Sarnie

God 7 hours without knowing what was happening must have been very tense for you, but sounds like it's all ended up really good for your mum.
Merry Christmas to you all x

amelia2311

So...still no word from the tier 3 manager! I'm only a stone away from my lowest weight with them so when I reach that if 8 haven't had a call I'm going to weigh in! I guess it's the one good thing about waiting such a long time between appointments :)

My mum has had her surgery - she looks so much better than she has for years - I'm guessing from the better controlled blood sugars (down to 8s from 18s), the polyp being removed and the fact she is doing so well keeping her fluids up! She has also lost 1 stone 11 lb - so very pleased for her (and a tiny bit envious!)

amelia2311

So...I need to lose a stone from my current weight and then I will be discharged from tier 3 to tier 4!
So relieved and even more determined than previously. The manager seemed a lot more understanding than the support worker, I've been absolutely dreading the call but it was good to be given a target and know that I've got 'one last chance'.

My mum is doing well, nearly 4 weeks now...she's maybe a little fed up of puree so happy to be moving on to more texture soon! She is down 2 stone 1 lb (she doesn't think it's enough but I think it's fab). It's been good to see her through this process and has been quite motivational. I'm trying not to eat so much in front of her cos I feel guilty.

Now to figure out what diet I'm going to follow to lose and maintain - I usually do slimming world but don't want to lose too much as past experience tells me I can lose a lot quickly but not manage to maintain it and dont want to be told I'm doing fab and get discharged to tier 2!

My twins have just started nursery full time and I'm at a loss of what to do..,I've been shopping alot but cant afford to do that every day...I guess I will have to work on all tier he diy I've been putting off or take up some sort of craft! I would ideally like to find a term time, school hours job but they are few and far between lol so will have to stick to night shifts...ergghhh!

Jackiesfatplan

Thats good u got one more chance i gained 20 kg right at the start of my journey ( my mam died ) so when i went bk to my appointment i had to lose the 20 kg gain plus 10 kg which they ask me for i did it hoping for a date real soon fingers crossed good luck to u id say the milk diet is good but as soon as u start eating again. It can be a bugger good luck

amelia2311

Thats good u got one more chance i gained 20 kg right at the start of my journey ( my mam died ) so when i went bk to my appointment i had to lose the 20 kg gain plus 10 kg which they ask me for i did it hoping for a date real soon fingers crossed good luck to u id say the milk diet is good but as soon as u start eating again. It can be a bugger good luck

Thanks :) I have lost since referral from gp but gained from lowest weight on the plan! I've got a month to lose a stone so I'm not going crazy, it will be easy enough buto I know I will have months to maintain it before a date and I'm worried about yoyoing like I always do!

Bling Babe

So...I need to lose a stone from my current weight and then I will be discharged from tier 3 to tier 4!
So relieved and even more determined than previously. The manager seemed a lot more understanding than the support worker, I've been absolutely dreading the call but it was good to be given a target and know that I've got 'one last chance'.

My mum is doing well, nearly 4 weeks now...she's maybe a little fed up of puree so happy to be moving on to more texture soon! She is down 2 stone 1 lb (she doesn't think it's enough but I think it's fab). It's been good to see her through this process and has been quite motivational. I'm trying not to eat so much in front of her cos I feel guilty.

Now to figure out what diet I'm going to follow to lose and maintain - I usually do slimming world but don't want to lose too much as past experience tells me I can lose a lot quickly but not manage to maintain it and dont want to be told I'm doing fab and get discharged to tier 2!

My twins have just started nursery full time and I'm at a loss of what to do..,I've been shopping alot but cant afford to do that every day...I guess I will have to work on all tier he diy I've been putting off or take up some sort of craft! I would ideally like to find a term time, school hours job but they are few and far between lol so will have to stick to night shifts...ergghhh!
It’s great that you know exactly what is expected of you now before they will move you on, you sound like your very motivated too which is fab, I’m glad mums doing so well it will be invaluable to watch her journey unfold, I would suggest using any spare time to research research research and research some more and read lots of diaries too, honestly we can never know too much about wls xx

Irene44

You will ace this now babe. It’s very doable for you and I know your mum will inspire you on Chick. Keep going keep posting:) xx

amelia2311

Hello again guys - long time!!! So mum is 4 stone down since December surgery - is still not well and they are trying to sort her kidneys out but...she is doing well with her bypass and it's helped a lot with her mood and mobility!

I had my 'last' appointment with tier 3 GP - who said he couldn'the recommend me for surgery because I hadn't lost weight since the beginning :( which was not what the swms manager had told me - that I needed to get down from 19 stone 10 to 18 stone 10. He would not listen to me at all - kept saying he has had patients twist his arm to refer them before and that now they were struggling, onviously it was a huge shock for me as I went into the appointment expecting a referral and a 'well done'. I did get upset in the appointment - he then went on to tell me if he wrote down that I had cried there was no way I'd get surgery as it's 'emotional lability'. I was completely dumb founded - again tried to explain that I felt like I'd done what was asked of me, yes it was only a stone from my last appointment but that I was here 2 weeks before I was meant to be (took a cancellation appointment-wish I hadn't!). He said it didn't matter - then I tried pointing out that I had still lost over over 2 stone since my GP referral and he told me that didn't matter because it was 2 years ago...he was adamant that he was not going to refer me :( I told him I would like to prove him wrong! He also said I hadn't engaged (i went to every appointment I got! I didn't do the drop in weighs because they were all in work hours but I have been doing slimming world - I don't think he believed me!) I just came away so deflated!

He did refer me to surgeon but said there was no way I would get the operation as he can't recommend it...I am hoping that he is wrong and I have requested a print out of my weigh ins - I am going to do a scatter chart to show where I have gained and show evidence it has only been whilst on holiday and over Xmas - which I hope should be understandable - with my slimming world record I am hoping it will be enough to allow the surgeon to OK me surgery - I am continuing my diet and although I am anxious over the appointment I haven't over eaten, even though I feel it's pointless to carry on with literally NO hope - which I think ... shows how much I've progressed, I used to try and self medicate with food a year or so ago - to try and make me feel better but I don't anymore! I've been keeping a sporadic diary and been journaling when I've been at risk of over eating - oh gosh why is it so hard to get help!! And why do doctors not read your notes or listen!

Even if surgeon says I have to lose more I will do it - just needed a rant! Glad that I read back through old posts as managers comments are there, so may print that off as evidence too! Hate having to fight for help, though happy I am strong enough to do it mentally and emotionally - a few years ago I would have accepted Dr's recommendations without a word and would have been eating non stop since! If surgery doesn't happen at least I will know I have tried! Would then need to sell my liver or something to self fund!

Parsnip

Hello again guys - long time!!! So mum is 4 stone down since December surgery - is still not well and they are trying to sort her kidneys out but...she is doing well with her bypass and it's helped a lot with her mood and mobility!

I had my 'last' appointment with tier 3 GP - who said he couldn'the recommend me for surgery because I hadn't lost weight since the beginning :( which was not what the swms manager had told me - that I needed to get down from 19 stone 10 to 18 stone 10. He would not listen to me at all - kept saying he has had patients twist his arm to refer them before and that now they were struggling, onviously it was a huge shock for me as I went into the appointment expecting a referral and a 'well done'. I did get upset in the appointment - he then went on to tell me if he wrote down that I had cried there was no way I'd get surgery as it's 'emotional lability'. I was completely dumb founded - again tried to explain that I felt like I'd done what was asked of me, yes it was only a stone from my last appointment but that I was here 2 weeks before I was meant to be (took a cancellation appointment-wish I hadn't!). He said it didn't matter - then I tried pointing out that I had still lost over over 2 stone since my GP referral and he told me that didn't matter because it was 2 years ago...he was adamant that he was not going to refer me :( I told him I would like to prove him wrong! He also said I hadn't engaged (i went to every appointment I got! I didn't do the drop in weighs because they were all in work hours but I have been doing slimming world - I don't think he believed me!) I just came away so deflated!

He did refer me to surgeon but said there was no way I would get the operation as he can't recommend it...I am hoping that he is wrong and I have requested a print out of my weigh ins - I am going to do a scatter chart to show where I have gained and show evidence it has only been whilst on holiday and over Xmas - which I hope should be understandable - with my slimming world record I am hoping it will be enough to allow the surgeon to OK me surgery - I am continuing my diet and although I am anxious over the appointment I haven't over eaten, even though I feel it's pointless to carry on with literally NO hope - which I think ... shows how much I've progressed, I used to try and self medicate with food a year or so ago - to try and make me feel better but I don't anymore! I've been keeping a sporadic diary and been journaling when I've been at risk of over eating - oh gosh why is it so hard to get help!! And why do doctors not read your notes or listen!

Even if surgeon says I have to lose more I will do it - just needed a rant! Glad that I read back through old posts as managers comments are there, so may print that off as evidence too! Hate having to fight for help, though happy I am strong enough to do it mentally and emotionally - a few years ago I would have accepted Dr's recommendations without a word and would have been eating non stop since! If surgery doesn't happen at least I will know I have tried! Would then need to sell my liver or something to self fund!
That GP sounds vile. I hope your surgeon is more understanding xx