• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 South Tees

amelia2311

So I've been on tier 3 for 10 months and I've yo yo'd dramatically.

I am currently 1 stone under referral weight but 1 stone above first appointment weight - I'm wondering if they will consider referral weight thus meaning I've shown commitment OR weight at start of tier 3 - meaning I've failed dramatically!

I have 15 days until my next weigh in I am going to get back on the wagon and know I can probably lose most of the gain but I still won't reach the 5/10% they wanted me to lose for surgery within the 12 months!

I'm so angry at myself and ashamed that I haven't done the best I could! Do tier 3 ever give more time, does anyone know?

Stats :21 stone referral
19 stone 1 first appt
18 stone 7 lowest on tier 3
19 stone 11 now

I put so much effort in to losing between referral and start of tier 3 but since then I've just been useless - I have huge demand avoidance issues and wondering if this is a subconscious self sabotage situation - I'm trying hard to find reasons - but can't logically work it out, I'm such an idiot!

amelia2311

My mum has had her operation date through! It's for 20th December!

I'm so excited for her and it has made me a little more determined! I am going to do the LRD diet with her and hopefully by 12th will have lost most of my gain if not a little more, then hopefully with low car bing I can lose or mail tain over Christmas then start new year with a new resolve.

MariaMaria83

Hi Amelia! I’m not sure I can answer your question but what I will say is, if we could diet/eat healthy and maintain or keep the weight off on our own, our ultimate goal would’nt be surgery, and thats what we’re here for so I wouldn’t beat urself up about it! There’s plenty of lovely people on here who are at various stages of tier 3 who will no doubt be along to give their words of wisdom soon but in the time have you tried typing ‘tire 3 weight gain’ or something along those lines, into the search bar? It might help?
Look forward to hearing how you get on.
Exciting times for mum! Pass on my congrats!! x

Bling Babe

I am currently 1 stone under referral weight but 1 stone above first appointment weight - I'm wondering if they will consider referral weight thus meaning I've shown commitment OR weight at start of tier 3 - meaning I've failed dramatically!

I have 15 days until my next weigh in I am going to get back on the wagon and know I can probably lose most of the gain but I still won't reach the 5/10% they wanted me to lose for surgery within the 12 months!

I'm so angry at myself and ashamed that I haven't done the best I could! Do tier 3 ever give more time, does anyone know?

19 stone 1 first appt
19 stone 11 now

I put so much effort in to losing between referral and start of tier 3 but since then I've just been useless - I have huge demand avoidance issues and wondering if this is a subconscious self sabotage situation - I'm trying hard to find reasons - but can't logically work it out, I'm such an idiot!
Don’t beat yourself up because it’s likely to drive you to unhealthy food choices, it’s happened, that’s the reason we all choose this road because we struggle so much, I’m not sure how your trust will use the stats but I’m pretty certain that the worst that can happen is that you would have to stay on teir 3 until you lost the amount they required, good luck xxx

Emma1504

Areas seem to have different steps. With my Area we where told we had to lose 5%of our weight within the year or be referred back to out GP & start the whole process again.
Maybe contact your coordinator see what they say
Good luck and congrats to your Mum exciting times ahead x

Sarnie

19 stone 1 first appt
19 stone 11 now

I can only speak from my experience at my hospital, but I had to lose 5% from my 1st appointment. I personally haven't gained weight, but when I've attended the hospital, I've met people in the waiting room who had gained weight and they send them away and they had to go and lose that 5% again by the next appointment and then maintain it, but I'm not sure how many chances they give you though and your hospital might be different to mine. If you did the milk diet for 15 days, you'd get quite a bit off in that time. Good luck, I hope all goes well for you x

Maria61

My mum has had her operation date through! It's for 20th December!

I'm so excited for her and it has made me a little more determined! I am going to do the LRD diet with her and hopefully by 12th will have lost most of my gain if not a little more, then hopefully with low car bing I can lose or mail tain over Christmas then start new year with a new resolve.
Congratulations to your mum xx

amelia2311

Hi guys - appointment tomorrow! I would 100% do the entire year again - I need some help though I can't go 3 or 4 months between appointments and I need to see the psychologist I think - now I just hope they will give me another chance - I so want to get healthier for my children! I managed only a 4lb loss but I have it documented in my slimming world journal so I'm hoping they can see I have tried - albeit late and for less time than I know I should have! My mum has her pre op tomorrow too, I so hope all goes well and she gets the final ok!

Irene44

Good luck for you both xxx

Parsnip

Good luck, let us know how it goes... For you and your mum x

Bling Babe

Good luck both of you XX

amelia2311

I've crazy anxiety recently so I'm just hoping they don't turn me away! I really need this help and I am so angry and ashamed at myself for basically throwing the opportunity away! I just want to cry but I guess that won't get me anywhere either! Errgghh I guess the positive is I will know tomorrow if they will let me try for a bit longer.

I'm excited for mum too she's done so so well especially after starting tier 3, 3 years ago! It's taken such a long time for her and they lost her in the system I'm just so proud as she has maintained her weight loss all that time - I hope I am in her position soon!

Apologies for rambling - I am at work and trying to keep awake too!

Irene44

I've crazy anxiety recently so I'm just hoping they don't turn me away! I really need this help and I am so angry and ashamed at myself for basically throwing the opportunity away! I just want to cry but I guess that won't get me anywhere either! Errgghh I guess the positive is I will know tomorrow if they will let me try for a bit longer.

I'm excited for mum too she's done so so well especially after starting tier 3, 3 years ago! It's taken such a long time for her and they lost her in the system I'm just so proud as she has maintained her weight loss all that time - I hope I am in her position soon!

Apologies for rambling - I am at work and trying to keep awake too!

Ah fingers crossed they will be kind to you xx

amelia2311

Appointment one of two done! Now just waiting for my mum to get ok from her pre surgery appointment - was a bit of a shambles though and just general surgical pre op - they couldn't find her diabetes medication on their list so told her just to stop taking it which I'm sure was not in the hca's remit. I guess they will monitor her well and I shouldnt worry - but i do! Hopefully in 3 hours I will be told all is OK and I still have a chance to complete tier 3 and achieve my 5%. I may ask if they can consider my referral weight - that would put me at the 5% loss! I've been very good with food the past week or so but I'm not looking at it as too little too late rather better late than never :) trying to put my PMA into effect! X

amelia2311

Should have cheated and done the milk diet! Decision to be made by manager - the woman was awful :( never seen her before! I went in feeling optimistic and hopeful and now I feel like tish. They seem to want us to take responsibility for our eating yet when we actually do and don't try and cheat the system (not dissing people who have done vlcd or meal replacements to lose the weight before their last weigh in at all! (It seems I'd have been better lying and losing the weight then regaining after the weigh in only to have to do it again at next appointment!) to them than actually asking for the help like I've tried to do today.

I know she doesn't think I can handle it or do it! I'm sat crying in the toilet at the clinic - and still so angry at myself!

All while she sat their with a disapproving look on her face saying 'I'm not judging you'

What's the point? !

Irene44

Should have cheated and done the milk diet! Decision to be made by manager - the woman was awful :( never seen her before! I went in feeling optimistic and hopeful and now I feel like tish. They seem to want us to take responsibility for our eating yet when we actually do and don't try and cheat the system (not dissing people who have done vlcd or meal replacements to lose the weight before their last weigh in at all! (It seems I'd have been better lying and losing the weight then regaining after the weigh in only to have to do it again at next appointment!) to them than actually asking for the help like I've tried to do today.

I know she doesn't think I can handle it or do it! I'm sat crying in the toilet at the clinic - and still so angry at myself!

All while she sat their with a disapproving look on her face saying 'I'm not judging you'

What's the point? !

Big hugs xx

Bling Babe

What's the point? !
Aw no, try not to be too despondent all is not lost yet, even if you have to lose a bit more before you can move forward in the grand scheme of things it not the end of the road it’s just a bump to get some ver.
I hope the manager is helpful, when will you know ? Xx

amelia2311

Someone will call me - nothing more said. I really was in the right place this time and actually ready to crack on - I got really upset because I felt like just as I was ready to get back on he wagon - they were taking my chance away. So then she questioned my mental health and whether id arranged any talking therapy - so again I was honest and said no - the anti depressants were working and think I just need them forever. The thing is I'm not an emotional eater, I don't binge - my food intake isn't all tied up like that. I just enjoy food and eat too much of it - all the time not just when happy/sad etc it's just habit and I know I need to maintain the loss (wish I'd just maintained original loss was 4.3% but I got to 10% down and then regained - d'oh).

I don't know if it's too late to get an extension, I hope not though! I'm going to weigh in next Wednesday and do some food diaries and hopefully they will see I'm trying and give me some more time rather than just discharging me.

I know they need to make sure I'm ready but I also know how so many people have cheated by doing the lrd or a vlcd and I really wanted to just be honest and open and it's backfired lol x

amelia2311

I guess drawing a line is the only thing I can do...I can't change what is going to happen and another year is nothing in the grand scheme of things - I'm a stubborn ***** so perhaps I will prove them wrong by doing it all alone :) x