• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 South Tees

Bling Babe

It’ll be good for you to continue with trying to lose now that your in the right frame of mind because it will show on the scales when you next see them which can only be good x

amelia2311

PMA keep going don’t give up x

Thanks :) I am still positive - just waiting for managers call! Will weigh in tomorrow if home scales show a loss! Then again next Wednesday and weekly until they tell me I can't go and need a new referral or move me onto tier 4 - which I know is going to be another near year long wait anyway - I may ask if they will let me see surgeon and get his opinion - I will stick to this and show them I can do it!

Where was this resolve 3 months ago!!!!

amelia2311

Just looking at my mums paperwork for surgery - I've had to ring the hospital x 4 times as there was no mention at her pre op of going in the night before for a insulin/glucose infusion! They also didn't tell her to stop her meds properly/in line with diabetes consultants recommendations (that we have in a letter). However - all sorted now and got info clarified by bariatric team nurse so mum goes in on 19th not 20th. I'm following the lrd with her as of now so she doesn't get disheartened- I'm so excited for her :) :) and have been reminded how quickly the last year has gone by for me - it's nothing really - though still hoping I get the call allowing an extension! Lol

Irene44

Thanks :) I am still positive - just waiting for managers call! Will weigh in tomorrow if home scales show a loss! Then again next Wednesday and weekly until they tell me I can't go and need a new referral or move me onto tier 4 - which I know is going to be another near year long wait anyway - I may ask if they will let me see surgeon and get his opinion - I will stick to this and show them I can do it!

Where was this resolve 3 months ago!!!!

That’s a good positive outlook babe. Exactly what they will want to hear. Good on ya chick onwards and upwards xxx

amelia2311

Thanks Irene - I'm still feeling positive :) still waiting for the manager to call me about where we go from here :( will turn up for drop in weigh at clinic so at least they will see I've been making a conscious effort at least.

Does anyone use protein shakes, yogurts, powders? I wanted to make a care package up for my mum for after her surgery - any must haves you guys can recommend?

Thanks so much for following and commenting on this - I needed somewhere to vent! When I speak to family and friends they say don't worry you can just diet if you don't get approved but I know I can't maintain a weight loss alone - I've yo yo'd forever :(

Bling Babe

Thanks Irene - I'm still feeling positive :) still waiting for the manager to call me about where we go from here :( will turn up for drop in weigh at clinic so at least they will see I've been making a conscious effort at least.

Does anyone use protein shakes, yogurts, powders? I wanted to make a care package up for my mum for after her surgery - any must haves you guys can recommend?

Thanks so much for following and commenting on this - I needed somewhere to vent! When I speak to family and friends they say don't worry you can just diet if you don't get approved but I know I can't maintain a weight loss alone - I've yo yo'd forever :(
Yes that’s the problem, we can all diet..and do well....but we are unable to maintain...that’s why we need our wls tools, I’m sure I speak for almost everyone.
Arla protein yogurts are good, personally I use unflavoured protein powder, just 1 scoop a day, but others like flavoured protein powder, in the early days although protein is important the absolute main focus has to be fluids.....sip sip sip sip xx

amelia2311

Thanks Irene :) can I ask what your protein powder is called? There are so many! I've read that whey isolate is a good choice but have no idea of tastes etc...I may go and buy her a selection to try!
Would you say the ready made shakes are good nutritionally (I really mean - are they too high in carbs and sugars - but wondering if that would matter so much in the early post op days due to the minimal amounts she will be able to take in?! Hmm).
You're like a wls guru - sorry for the bombardment! X

I'm just starting to think of wrapping the Christmas presents - it will be a mammoth job hence me playing on here!

Irene44

Thanks Irene :) can I ask what your protein powder is called? There are so many! I've read that whey isolate is a good choice but have no idea of tastes etc...I may go and buy her a selection to try!
Would you say the ready made shakes are good nutritionally (I really mean - are they too high in carbs and sugars - but wondering if that would matter so much in the early post op days due to the minimal amounts she will be able to take in?! Hmm).

I'm just starting to think of wrapping the Christmas presents - it will be a mammoth job hence me playing on here!

I really wouldn’t worry to much early on sweets your mum if anything like me will just be taking small amounts of things. I got some of the protein yogs in pouch’s they kept me going hun once she’s on purées you can just blend up dinners then that’s high in protein. Chances are your mums taste will change too so things she loved before may not like It’s just a case of having little bits of stuff in fridge / freezer to call on but don’t go nuts xx :) xxx

Bling Babe

Whey isolate is the best to get but as for taste it really is a matter of choice, without going through every make available you just wouldn’t know what she likes, as for the ready made shakes I’ve never had them but the best advice would be to check the label, I would suggest avoiding high carbs from the start only because it’s a good habit to get into and definitely avoiding high sugar, not only is it really not a good choice for us but it can likely cause dumping... sorry to answer on Irene’s question :rolleyes: xx

amelia2311

Whey isolate is the best to get but as for taste it really is a matter of choice, without going through every make available you just wouldn’t know what she likes, as for the ready made shakes I’ve never had them but the best advice would be to check the label, I would suggest avoiding high carbs from the start only because it’s a good habit to get into and definitely avoiding high sugar, not only is it really not a good choice for us but it can likely cause dumping... sorry to answer on Irene’s question :rolleyes: xx

Thanks for the reply! I thought I might be going a bit overboard for her but want her to have everything to hand! She's terrible for eating and I know she will think it's amazing that she isn't hungry (if that happens for her!) I really just want to keep her healthy and start her off in the best way! I'm going to get a selection of multivitamins for her too and go and blitz her flat whist she is in hospital, she's got some diy things that need doing that she won't let me help with "because you're too busy" but think she'll be thrilled if I get them done for her!

Thanks again for the replies, really appreciate it!

I've made some bad choices today - proper food has been good but I've snacked on chocolate and nuts! (I hate this time of year!)

Bling Babe

Thanks for the reply! I thought I might be going a bit overboard for her but want her to have everything to hand! She's terrible for eating and I know she will think it's amazing that she isn't hungry (if that happens for her!) I really just want to keep her healthy and start her off in the best way! I'm going to get a selection of multivitamins for her too and go and blitz her flat whist she is in hospital, she's got some diy things that need doing that she won't let me help with "because you're too busy" but think she'll be thrilled if I get them done for her!

I've made some bad choices today - proper food has been good but I've snacked on chocolate and nuts! (I hate this time of year!)
Mum is going to be so grateful of the help, I think we all struggle this time of year xxx

Sarnie

Yes we all struggle this time of year. I think your mum is lucky to have you, she'll be made up about her flat I'm sure xx

amelia2311

Still no call from the manager who decides whether I can have an extension on tier 3 :( I'm scared to call because I don't want to hear them say no, I know I will fall off the wagon big time if that happens because 'what's the point'! I'm still doing my food diaries and have lost 4lb over the last week - the weird thing is I haven't approached it as I normally would and although I usually would lose 8 or 9lb I a first week - I'm happy with the 4lb as I've eaten well, I've been making better choices (mostly) I've still ordered chips whilst out and about but I've left half of them...maybe something really has clicked. The prospect of being pushed back a year has hit me hard.

On a more positive note : my mum is in surgery! She has waited 30 years for this, I'm so proud of her. I'm very nervous as she is my absolute rock and there's always the possibility of issues but I'm really pleased she has gone through with it. I'm gutted that I won't be there when she wakes up - I've 3 year old twins and I don't think she will be up for seeing them straight away! I so wish I had been there when she went down to wave her off and wish her luck :(
If I don't come back on for a bit Merry Christmas :( x

Maria61

Still no call from the manager who decides whether I can have an extension on tier 3 :( I'm scared to call because I don't want to hear them say no, I know I will fall off the wagon big time if that happens because 'what's the point'! I'm still doing my food diaries and have lost 4lb over the last week - the weird thing is I haven't approached it as I normally would and although I usually would lose 8 or 9lb I a first week - I'm happy with the 4lb as I've eaten well, I've been making better choices (mostly) I've still ordered chips whilst out and about but I've left half of them...maybe something really has clicked. The prospect of being pushed back a year has hit me hard.

On a more positive note : my mum is in surgery! She has waited 30 years for this, I'm so proud of her. I'm very nervous as she is my absolute rock and there's always the possibility of issues but I'm really pleased she has gone through with it. I'm gutted that I won't be there when she wakes up - I've 3 year old twins and I don't think she will be up for seeing them straight away! I so wish I had been there when she went down to wave her off and wish her luck :(
If I don't come back on for a bit Merry Christmas :( x
Hope your mum gets on well and merry Christmas to you xxx

Irene44

I hope you hear tomorrow hun xx. Hope you and your mum Have Merry Christmas xxx