• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 South Tees

Argghh. Just got my letter to Dr... All sounds very positive and I meet all the criteria and they are considering me for surgery... Why do they take so long to send these out?

I spoke to the psychologist, my psychiatrist, my gp and the bariatric nurse... All positive and said no reason not to proceed, why make me think that I need to wait another 2 years... Why put that in a letter?!?!?

I'm a bit confused as to why the psychologist said I had to wait, I think he realises now that he didn't actually listen to me and made assumptions - actually apologised on the phone which never happens!

Everything is booked and prepared for me to leave on Monday... Big choices coming up - I keep swinging between yes and no!

If I stay I lose some money and have to wait for... Still no idea how long lol but save £4000...

If I go - surgery is done, I'm getting slimmer and healthier within a week, I can wear something a couple sizes smaller at Christmas but no Christmas Dinner... Hmm decisions, need to make my mind up.

Feeling positive though, what a roller coaster it is! Though I haven't gained anything I haven't lost.. But I'm taking that as a win considering the stress-may have overcome the emotional eating a little bit! Another big tick for proceeding!
How confusing!! Let us know what you decide, it’s a tough decision to make x

..... Ive decided to follow all the professionals advice and wait to ha e surgery through NHS. Going to Turkey alone for major surgery was probably a little impulsive. I just hope I'm not having to rebook everything in 6 months, I'm really worried as I keep putting my trust in people only for them to go back on their promises, I so hope I've made the right decision, have had a little cry as I was so ready to get this done. Happy that I won't have to leave the children for a week.... That may have killed me, never been away from them but I felt OK doing it as it was for the best long term!

I really need to stay on track diet wise, I've always done slimming world but may try a low carb, low cal, high protein plan to try and prep me for things after the bypass. It really is only hope that is gonna get me through this! It would be easier if I had appointments lined up but there is nothing... Lots of willpower needed... I have had a slight cake incident but I've drawn a line now and am ready to do this!

I am officially being signed off from tier 3 on 11th October I am hopeful once that is done I will get appointments for next stages in tier 4! I REALLY want to see the psychologist again as I know I am ready for this and need him to sign me off! Ergghh too honest... I think it's very strange that they say no to surgery but don't offer 1-1s or group cbt or something between the initial appointment and the review... Weird.... Ah well... Porridge for breakfast prepped so I don't reach for the pop tarts! :) wish me luck.... Im gonna need it!

..... Ive decided to follow all the professionals advice and wait to ha e surgery through NHS. Going to Turkey alone for major surgery was probably a little impulsive. I just hope I'm not having to rebook everything in 6 months, I'm really worried as I keep putting my trust in people only for them to go back on their promises, I so hope I've made the right decision, have had a little cry as I was so ready to get this done. Happy that I won't have to leave the children for a week.... That may have killed me, never been away from them but I felt OK doing it as it was for the best long term!

I really need to stay on track diet wise, I've always done slimming world but may try a low carb, low cal, high protein plan to try and prep me for things after the bypass. It really is only hope that is gonna get me through this! It would be easier if I had appointments lined up but there is nothing... Lots of willpower needed... I have had a slight cake incident but I've drawn a line now and am ready to do this!

I am officially being signed off from tier 3 on 11th October I am hopeful once that is done I will get appointments for next stages in tier 4! I REALLY want to see the psychologist again as I know I am ready for this and need him to sign me off! Ergghh too honest... I think it's very strange that they say no to surgery but don't offer 1-1s or group cbt or something between the initial appointment and the review... Weird.... Ah well... Porridge for breakfast prepped so I don't reach for the pop tarts! :) wish me luck.... Im gonna need it!
I’m sure you’ll get through this and get your surgery on the nhs, the preparation diet sounds good, stick with it as it will really help you and time will fly by xx

Time really does fly by, use this time to prepare mentally as best you can for post op x

Good luck, just focus yourself and keep your eye on the prize, you can do this x

Back