• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tip for weight loss stallers!!!! photo now included!!!

Thanks everyone.

We did go ape yesterday with his 15yr old son. Dave text me later to say that sam was well impressed with me that not only did i do it, i was so fit but also fearless. His mum/ Daves ex would never do anything like that.

I suggested to Sam that we could do Aerial Extreem at either Trentham Gardens or Knowsley Safari Park during the summer and hes up for it!!

were off to the rugby club on Saturday for pre match meal and game again something the 3 of us have all got a common interest in. im actually working so will have Abbie with me but Sam has met her before and was really good with her.

He's then taking him home on Monday and we are both off for the rest of the week so cant wait....

Now im not surgesting all you married peeps sign up to a dating agency but think back to when you first met yr partners and all the emotion that bought with it and pre occupy yrself planning things you can do to together to put that energy back into yr lives and shift that weight.:)
(shagggging you mean !)

I would have marked you 10/10 xx

More to life than that kev!!!

Im talking more about the effects of emotions not just physical side of relationships. But it all helps!!!!:D

Where does time go!!

I have had the most amazing week, but it has gone far to quickly. Monday dave came to mine after being on the road for 9 hrs taking his son home. I had made Beef Bourginon roast potatoes and veg followed by Rhubarb Crumble and custard washed down with a couple of glasses of red. Its the first time ive cooked for him so was quite nerve wrecking as i wanted to do something that i know he liked but also be able to eat it as well so used sweetener in the rhubarb, crumble and custard. Did the potatoes in the Actifry and used a good cut of meat in the bourginon so it just melted and wasn't to fibrous for me. I put everything in serving dishes and it was really nice when he asked if he could help himself to more.
On Tuesday i had a dentist appointment so he went back to his house and i met him there later. When i arrived he took me to a little cafe that does organic food and we had lunch both opting for the soup, we then had a wander around the shops befor heading back to his. Dave cooked tea which was chicken and pasta and the portion he put out for me was far to big but he happily ate some of the chicken off my plate so i wasnt over-faced. We then went for a walk, he lives on the edge of the west Pennine moors and his house is halfway up a steep hill so no matter which way you go you start and finish with a hill. We were out for about an hour at a brisk pace but it was lovely. I'd taken my walking boots with me so feet were fine and by the time we got back we were both slightly out of puff and just breaking into a sweat.
Wednesday i had an outing to crocky trail near chester with the charity i help run. So instead of going on the coach we followed in the car and once everyone was settled and involved in the activity we left and went into chester where we wandered around the shops, shared a sandwich in marks and spencers for lunch dave also had a cake and then headed back to his where he made a stir fry for tea. He got my portion size just right and then we again went out for a really nice walk. Although dave is from the area he hasn't lived there for the past 33 years so we went on a couple of different paths to his usual and were out for an hour and a half but again got back feeling really invigorated.
Thursday we both had things to do during the day so went our separate ways but i had booked a table for dinner at a really nice restaurant that had an offer on Groupon. So he arrived at mine around 6 all suited and booted and i just wanted to rip it off him, he looked gorgeous i've never seen him in a suit before but he scrubs up really well. We had a lovely eve and although the portion sizes were too big for me i felt really comfortable leaving what i couldn't manage and my son even played taxi for us so we could both have a drink.
Friday we spent the day at the trafford centre where he bought some things for his house then we went out and met up with his sister brother in law and aunt again but there were also some other family members there. Dave's not a big drinker so after i had has a couple of glasses of wine he knows that's my limit he suggested we had an early night. Saturday we called at his mums where i met his mum and dad for the first time. both of them were really welcoming in fact his mum greeted me with a hug and a kiss and said she had heard really good thing about me from both Dave and the rest of the family. He admitted later that he had really wanted to make sure that we were good for each other before introducing me to her. I got a bit of a lump in my throat at that point as it really confirmed that he is in this for the long haul. We then went for a drive and walk, shared the cooking then spent the night chilling in front of the tv.
We have both said that the week couldn't of gone any better, were both really comfortable in each others company and i even talked about how my views regarding plastic surgery had changed since meeting him.
Having been refused funding by the NHS i was going to look at ways of financing it myself which was going to be difficult but twice now i have worn a sleeveless top when out with him and i really haven't been self concious as when i have got dressed in the morning and come downstairs he has said i looked really nice. Having never spoken to him about my skin he was quite shocked that i had applied for funding as he says i appear really body confident and as far as hes concerned its about what within a person that matters but he feels like hes got the cherry on the cake as well.

What this week has proved for me apart from confirming that i have met the most fantastic man is that life and food is just so normal after bypass surgery.

I really have been Blessed!!! x

Last edited:
:wave_cry:Hi Carole,
So uplifting reading your post-it sounds like things are going really well:)
You deserve the best Carole & Dave is stepping up to the plate-I couldn't be more pleased for you both
Juliexxxx

So there's only the one important meet left now Carole, a trip down here!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

So pleased it's all working out....everything crossed here! xxx

Why is deciding what to cook so difficult. Dave is coming for tea with his son on Saturday and i'm at a loss what to do for tea. Ive also got my 22 yr old son here, his girlfriend and 2 foster children one of whom only eats potato products and fishfingers or chicken nuggets. Im thinkinkg along the lines of chilli and rice but also doing some jacket potatoes as i prefere chilli and jackets and then there is something for the foster child as well.

any other suggestions welcome of and what to do for pudding!!!

Tea of chilli was a hit. I did rice and jackets along with salad cheese and home made coleslaw and did raspberry and lime cheesecake for pudding. i haad also baked a tea loaf, banana cake(both low fat and sugar) and some eccles cakes. Dave took a bit of each of them home with him. Only got to wait till friday to see him again and hes all mine for the weekend!!

Just an update to let you all know things are going as well as ever. Up to last week i hadn't seen Dave for 4 weeks due to his work commitments and taking his son on holiday.But he still text and emailed every day and we speak on the phone every other day.

I was working last weekend so he came up with his son and we spent a lovely although very frustrating afternoon at mine. I did a BBQ and my son came home and took charge of the cooking. I got really brave and as the weather was so nice i had a strapless dress on and no cardi. i was comfortable but consiouse of my arms but when he told me that i had the most kissable shoulders going it really proved to me that men really do only see your good bits.

He's seeing his son this weekend and then coming up next weekend as its my weekend off. I still get that nervous anticipation on the run up to seeing him and still find it difficult to eat. I normally drop about 4lbs in the run up but then put it back on once he's gone back.

Prior to meeting Dave I had been single for 22 years through choice. Prior to that i had never lived with anyone, never had a long term relationship and never been in love but equally never been hurt. He really makes me feel so special and I can honestly say that for the first time in my 47 years that I'm in love.

I told him the other week and he said that hes really glad that hes helped me experience that emotion and that i have really helped him trust again and in time hes sure he will meet me on the love emotion. He emailed me the day after asking if i was disappointed with his responce? When i told him that i loved him i didnt say it to hear him say it back to me i said it because i wanted him to know how i felt so no i wasn't disappointed. One thing i know is if he does ever tell me he loves me it wont of been said lightly.

he really is my mr perfect there isnt a thing about him i would want to change!! x

Awwwww what a lovely post xx

Sounds like you have a keeper there!
I'm so happy for you, obviously I've never met you, but can confidently say you deserve this. Enjoy!
xXx

Back