• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tip for weight loss stallers!!!! photo now included!!!

Well you have really cheered me up. Your face glowed when you were talking about him a few weeks ago. I am so glad that you now know what it is like to love. I'm busy wiping the tears from my eyes.

love and hugs
Rebirthxx

nothing better than being in love ,and having someone you trust and who makes you feel wanted,i still get that rush just before hubby gets home and check my face in the mirror,just like i did when i was 14,and we had our first date ,35years ago,and married 30next year,some things are meant to be ,i hope you have years of that feeling,everyone deserves it x

What a lovely thread. I love a bit of romance :)
I met my hubby online 10 years ago after being single for 12yrs after a rotten divorce( are there nice ones?) and we're still smiling!
All the best Hopeless xx

How lovely, I'm so glad that you've found your "perfect man", there's not a lot of them out there, you're really lucky, I wish you both all the best for the future and I'm sure one day he will say those 3 little words to you too, Karen x

Well the day started off for me feeling like a nervous wreck. I Hadnt been able to eat for the past couple of days as Dave's mum had invited me along to meet the rest of the family in Morecambe. Iv only met her a couple of times before and it has literally been for a coffee when dropping her shopping off with Dave.

when we arrived in Morecambe Dave and Sam went to the beach whilst his mum and i went for a coffee and a wander around the shops she gave me the low down on the rest of the family and is so easy to talk too. We then met up with Dave and Sam before heading off to meet his other aunt and cousin for lunch. His mum only has a small appetite and we both wanted the same thing for lunch so i suggested that we share a meal. She doesn't know about my surgery and Dave assured her that i only had a small appetite and sharing would be fine and that i wasn't just being polite. Although i was feeling a lot easier having met everyone i still struggled to eat but managed some of it. his mum was really pleased that she had just the right size portion and told me that she would share a meal with me any-time.

After Lunch Dave and i went for a walk on the beach with Sam. Dave said it would give them the chance to have a good gossip about me!! when we got back one of his other cousins joined us and said he was looking really well and a lot younger then asked me what it was i was doing to him.

All in all it was a fab day and now that ive met the whole family that is important to him hopefully my silly emotions will remain in check in the future. Ive eaten like a horse since i've got home but know ive lost about 4lbs but hopefully that will now go back on.. whoever though i would be saying that !!!

i got really brave and showed dave some of my fat pictures. He looked at them, looked at me, handed them back and said your eyes are still amaizing.

That was at the start of the 12 most fantastic days we were to spend together and just before he went back to camp he told me that not only have i taught him to trust again but he also loves every last bit of me. I really am the luckiest lady alive!!

ohh and ive been eating 3 meals a day and maintained my weight!!! x

OMG i have just read the whole of this thread and realised that it started nearly 2 years ago. Even more significant is that its 12 months since i first started talking to Dave and will be 12 months next month since we first met. but even more significant is thats its 3 years tomorrow since i had my life changing surgery.

Prior to him coming home i still get the colley wobbles for a few days in nervous anticipation but as soon as i see him they vanish and i can eat again. Its a feeling that i hope never goes really as it just confirms to me how much he means to me.

I never imagined in a million years that i would ever be in love when i first started this thread (hoped but never believed) but here i am hoping it will last forever.

What a fabulous thread Carole. Well done for maintaining your weight after 3 years. You really give me hope for the future that there is life for ex-fatties. I hope all your wishes come true over the years to come.

I have just got to share how happy i am. Dave has been up this weekend although we only saw each other for less than 24hrs. But he cooked dinner Saturday night, nice wine, flowers and a nice walk this morning.

Whilst we were walking we got onto the topic of Christmas and what we are going to do. I normally do dinner for my son and sister but as my son has now left home and got a partner i was struggling a little as to what to do if Dave invited me to spend Christmas with him, because of my sister as she is disabled but also didn't want to think of her spending the day by herself. I asked him if his sister would be expecting him as he has spent the last 4 years there with his parents. His response was that as long as he was happy they wouldn't mind where he spent Christmas. So i suggested we did Christmas at mine and invite my son his partner and my sister. He didn't falter in his response and said as long as im spending it with you i don't mind who else comes.

He then went on to say it will be fun planning and doing the shopping before hand. The only 2 things he wants to do Christmas morning is walk up Rivington pike and call in at his parents. Last year he sent me a photo of him Up at the pike with a message saying who knows this time next year we may be here together.

The 22nd of December will see our 1 year anniversary since we first met for coffee. We then had lunch on the 24th and went for a walk on the 26th and had the most amaising kiss.

Who would of ever guessed 12 months on the significance of that message..

i could burst im so happy x

Fairy tale.....oh bless ya xxx

Aww that's very sweet! Happy for you xx

Aw how sweet pleased for u Hun ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mmm he doesn't sound like Mr Right but good practice I reckon!

PenelopePink said:

What do you mean? He sounds just like Mr Right lol

Youv'e got me a little confused. Have you read the beginning of the thread got bored and then commented?

I met my Mr Perfect 12 months ago and couldn't be happier certainly not someone to practice!!!

What a lovely story. Sounds like you deserve every bit of your happiness. Hope Xmas is amazing for you

Carol I want to clone Dave for me lol, he is such a sweetie and lovely to hear how happy you are, gives me hope one day of finding a Dave xxxxx See you next week hun xx

Back