• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomorrow !!!!

Hanako said:
I didn't see physio either. I had only nurse to visit, and the anaesthesiologist popped in to tell me that everything went fine. The surgeon did not come after the surgery (I thought it would be nice if he did).

I was nicely impressed by the kind attitude from all the staff; they were very pleasant and seemed to be caring. Big difference from going to NHS for anything. On the other hand, I noticed a few things that were not very professional. For example, after getting into my room, they asked me for a urine sample. I did it and the tiny glass of urine was waiting for them even after I left - they did not collect it and did not used it (whatever it was for). The second day I asked for painkillers at 6am and got them only at 7.30am (after I got up and went to their desk to help myself!). But never mind, I made sure I got everything I needed, although they did need some prompting to give me the injection against blood cloths and different painkillers. They would send me home with a bottle of liquid paracetamol even if I have a bracelet telling them that I am allergic to paracetamol... But never mind, I did get what I needed eventually. (I am wondering what service less confident person would get though. I am used to speak up for myself, but not everyone is.)

That happened to me they nagged me to do a sample all day then when I did it in the same thing as u i told them and was told to put it on window so it sat there and about a hour before my op my husband took it to them and said I thought u wanted this she was like o ok thanks & I never see surgeon again in the morning nurse came gave me pain killers
and out i went as u said staff was very nice but aftercare was a bit like we've done the job get on with it & when I rang them to tell then I have an infection from the injection the nurse gave me for clotting they was like o sorry about that but I told them she did not even wipe my arm with an antiseptic wipe before she did so I think that's why it got infected & had to go to my own doc to get antibiotics ;( moan over lol xxx

Ah, sometimes it feels as if you are on a conveyer belt and only a number!
I saw physio, the prof and dietician before the nurses sorted me out for discharge, even the pharmacist came in to sit with me and explain my meds.
The anaesthetist also popped in a few hours after the op as I struggle with terrible nausea. I can't complain at all!!!
Had 2 phone calls to check on my progress too, so far so good :) x

Surely you were not at Dolan Park?

I did not see physio, I did not see dietician and after surgery I did not see the consultant. And no one phoned me home to check how I am doing. But it still was a reasonably positive experience (with comparison to NHS...).

To be fair, I did not feel like a number because they were much more warm, nice and welcoming. It just that things did not get done unless you made sure they would get done. I am pretty assertive and I knew what I am supposed to have, so it was no problem for me. But if I was someone shy or older age (confused), I could be in serious trouble (for example having paracetamol even if I am allergic to it etc).

That happened to me they nagged me to do a sample all day then when I did it in the same thing as u i told them and was told to put it on window so it sat there and about a hour before my op my husband took it to them and said I thought u wanted this she was like o ok thanks & I never see surgeon again in the morning nurse came gave me pain killers
and out i went as u said staff was very nice but aftercare was a bit like we've done the job get on with it & when I rang them to tell then I have an infection from the injection the nurse gave me for clotting they was like o sorry about that but I told them she did not even wipe my arm with an antiseptic wipe before she did so I think that's why it got infected & had to go to my own doc to get antibiotics ;( moan over lol xxx

Well, I did the urine sample within 5 minutes from my arrival, being a compliant patient (they did say that they need it ASAP). Then they said to put it on the window and it sat there happily till I was discharged. (The difference is that I did not have there my husband to bring it to them, so I just left it there). :D

I was quite pleased that the blood clotting injections were done into my shoulder. :) To be fair, to have it done into stomach would be a fight. I knew I needed them, I have a blood clotting disease, but I wasn't quite certain whether I will be cooperating willingly. They would have to hold me down. :sigh:

Now , taken dressings off wounds look dry and starting to itch so must be healing , antibiotic has helped infected arm but given me thrush always something lol x

Aww hon thrush is so Annoying - I get it when on antibiotics too. But when you do the cream+pill together it sorts you out in a day :)

Glad to hear your incisions look good. I can barely see my little ones anymore and the glue is flaking off the big ones, underneath the scabby glued part is soft pink smooth skin which looks like it will heal nicely. But man it itches like crazy!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Mine are same, especially the port one, it is just in middle of chest so the band of my bra leans in it. It's so itchy, I started using bio oil, but sitting in work it starts to niggle, and get heated - not good when you can't scratch! Lol.
Antibiotics are fab idea, I know it was for your arm but when you go back to work everyone seems to have a cold and hoarse cough, they'll hopefully be in the system already to protect you :) xxx

Back