• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomorrow !!!!

If worried hon call THG. I felt tight and heavy in the middle of chest and back, had to sit upright to get relief, and sleep in recliner chair for 2 days. Felt strange like my stomach had a heavy weight on it and being dragged down. Can't feel now! I've got nothing in my band so yours might be a bit more sore. X

Hanako said:
I was in the same room! Just a few days later. I had it done yesterday and got home today. :) I so didn't want to be in room 13 because of 13 being unlucky number :) (but I felt embarrassed to ask them to move me).

How funny is that I felt it was lucky as I live at 13 lol x hope ur feeling ok iv had a bit of a hard time I had so much pain but today has eased a little the pain in my chest was the worse pain I felt I couldn't breath or having a heart attack scary stuff :( & they pulled my uvula and its hanging down witch is making me gag hope it goes away :( xx but pains in shoulder today are ok xxx & had some soup earlier xx

pongis said:
That's awful! Surely it was a sterile needle?

I think she just forgot to give it to me so she just came in and jabbed me and went by the time I got home my arm was swelling think she hit muscle or bone :( my whole upper arm is black and blue xx

Can anyone tell me when they took there plasters off how many days after & how they did it , its my forth day today post op ,,? I'm a bit scared to do it or what I'll find under them xx

maxine kim said:
Can anyone tell me when they took there plasters off how many days after & how they did it , its my forth day today post op ,,? I'm a bit scared to do it or what I'll find under them xx

I only had plaster in big scar and was told I could take it off after 48hours x check with your provider Hun x

Hope your feeling bit better now too x

I took mine off on 4th day and had a shower, didnt directly soap that area, but let the water gently run over them. Felt lovely and my hair needed a good wash by then too! :)
Had alternate days from a stand up wash to shower after that so changed dressings every 2 days. Xxx

Meggie moo said:
I only had plaster in big scar and was told I could take it off after 48hours x check with your provider Hun x

Hope your feeling bit better now too x

Thanks meggie moo think I feel a little better this morning I was just looking at plasters thinking **** what's under them bit scared to look ! Ones got a bubble like a blister under it looks a bit red it something new to think about every day lol xx

SAS1 said:
I took mine off on 4th day and had a shower, didnt directly soap that area, but let the water gently run over them. Felt lovely and my hair needed a good wash by then too! :)
Had alternate days from a stand up wash to shower after that so changed dressings every 2 days. Xxx

Thank you i think ill do that today they look hard to get off don't know if it glue or what xxx

SAS1 said:
Leave them on in shower and change afterwards. I did that so they got damp but also protected the scars from soaps. You'll feel so much better after a shower xxx

Thanks hun , God I'm so looking forward to washing my hair simple things make me happy at moment lol x x I do feel a lot better today maybe I see light at the end of that tunnel :) xx

Hanako said:
I can't breathe in properly. Is that normal?[/
I was the same thought I was having heart attack but its not as bad today x

I wasn't worried that it is heart attack. I can feel that it is the stomach muscles that hurts. Like if you seriously over do sit ups. But it still doesn't change anything on the fact that I feel I need to deeply breathe in to get enough air and I can't. :( But it is getting slightly better.

Hi hun I'm still hurting in my chest I think what happens because it hurts to breath u keep doing it then u strain yourself I'm on fourth day and it still hurts to yawn & when I breath deep but on day two it was so bad but not so bad now xx

Did a physio come to see you after op? I had one visit who told me to hold a pillow against stomach, lean forward and force a cough, she also said deep breaths in fill all top part of lungs ( as we only try to fill bottom) and out fully. Do both a few times a day. This prevents chest infection and helps around swelling. X

SAS1 said:
Did a physio come to see you after op? I had one visit who told me to hold a pillow against stomach, lean forward and force a cough, she also said deep breaths in fill all top part of lungs ( as we only try to fill bottom) and out fully. Do both a few times a day. This prevents chest infection and helps around swelling. X

No one came to see me at all after only nurse to kick me out lol xx

I didn't see physio either. I had only nurse to visit, and the anaesthesiologist popped in to tell me that everything went fine. The surgeon did not come after the surgery (I thought it would be nice if he did).

I was nicely impressed by the kind attitude from all the staff; they were very pleasant and seemed to be caring. Big difference from going to NHS for anything. On the other hand, I noticed a few things that were not very professional. For example, after getting into my room, they asked me for a urine sample. I did it and the tiny glass of urine was waiting for them even after I left - they did not collect it and did not used it (whatever it was for). The second day I asked for painkillers at 6am and got them only at 7.30am (after I got up and went to their desk to help myself!). But never mind, I made sure I got everything I needed, although they did need some prompting to give me the injection against blood cloths and different painkillers. They would send me home with a bottle of liquid paracetamol even if I have a bracelet telling them that I am allergic to paracetamol... But never mind, I did get what I needed eventually. (I am wondering what service less confident person would get though. I am used to speak up for myself, but not everyone is.)

Ah, sometimes it feels as if you are on a conveyer belt and only a number!
I saw physio, the prof and dietician before the nurses sorted me out for discharge, even the pharmacist came in to sit with me and explain my meds.
The anaesthetist also popped in a few hours after the op as I struggle with terrible nausea. I can't complain at all!!!
Had 2 phone calls to check on my progress too, so far so good :) x

Back