• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tomorrow !!!!

lol, that's funny! But 13 is lucky for some and it definitely will be for you too.
All the best honey, don't worry by tonight you will be ok and joining us on the losing side. let's know how it goes. :Hugs: xxx

I am having it tomorrow. The waiting is horrible. I am really glad I am having it done, but at the moment I feel so scared!

Hi Sally , thank you & all the best to you to stay strong we will be getting our life's back next week yay , looking forward to hear how ur getting on ;) x

good luck
you will be fine
i had band 2 wks ago and felt the same
let us know how you get on

take care

kay xx

Well here now in Dolan park , in room 13 on Halloween only me lol having op about 5 going to be a long day :( x

hi maxine
well its all over
so when you well enough you can tell me how you get on
how the staff was nice to you

take care

kay xx

Hope all went well and your now on a speedy recovery xx

SAS1 said:
How are you Maxine? Hope you are recovering well. Wishing you a speedy recovery xxx

Hi Hun , home now after a very long day started out to Birmingham at 6 o'clock got to Dolan at 9.30 was a bit early I was booked in for ten was dying for a drink but had to fast from 12 night before went to my room about 11 as I said before no 13 lol .
Then nurse said I would be in the afternoon witch I didn't mind but long time with nothing to eat or drink was feeling a little headed by this point then mr Richardson came to have a chat and I asked what time was my op he's said about 7 o'clock not much I could say but ok I was aloud a glass of water as this stage it was a very long day but in the end my nerves went & I just wanted it over and done with
,, so 7.40 I'was taken down in my lovely white socks & fetching hat lol was a bit shaky but lovely nurses and funny doctors around me they said they saved the best till last after doing 10 ops that day & the next thing I remember was me saying how long will it take and he said its done I felt happy it was a little hard to get breath at first but had oxygen ,
went back to my room hubby looked a little green with worry bless it was 9.40 by now x had some water & a very welcome hot choc it was heaven haha little things please ,
but all went well I have a small band not that I know what that means & he put 4 ml in at same said i will here in a week for appointment I'm sorry if it his was a little long winded haha that's wasn't meant to be funny but I laughed anyway do apart from the very long wait all the staff doctors & nurse where lovely so I cannot complain about THG but thank them for my life back :) bet your glad u asked now hehe :) x

So happy you are ok hon... Yay welcome to the losers bench!!!
You have the same size band as me 10ml but mines empty :(
Did you suffer with wind pain at all? I got straight out of bed after I got back and swung my arms about, hubby thought I was crazy lol, the nurse also gave me gaviscon, an hour later I was fine.
Today is the first day of your new life, congratulations!!! So happy for you xxx :)

SAS1 said:
So happy you are ok hon... Yay welcome to the losers bench!!!
You have the same size band as me 10ml but mines empty :(
Did you suffer with wind pain at all? I got straight out of bed after I got back and swung my arms about, hubby thought I was crazy lol, the nurse also gave me gaviscon, an hour later I was fine.
Today is the first day of your new life, congratulations!!! So happy for you xxx :)

Thank u so much & How funny so did I keep thinking where's the wind I do have a back ache but think that's sitting up all night with pillow behind it & my eyes are are a bit swiffy and pain in chest but that's where they said port is but it not bad I'm staying in bed for the rest of the day as I had no sleep last night my mouth was do dry drank a jug of water all night but that's not bad now still have my white socks on very pretty.

he took a pic of my band inside it a sad i know but really wanted a copy they would love it a work I'm a lab assistant in a school bio department going to ask if they can send me a copy lol
When are u getting first fill ? & how do they decide what size band to give ppl ??? Xxx

I believe they assess the size of the band by your anatomy inside, it's all done so it fits snugly.
Are you managing liquids ok? I already feel hungry as nothing in mine and I'm only 2 weeks out!!!
I'm eating sloppy foods, but just had a chicken breast mixed with extra light mayo for lunch, hoping a bit of bulk will help :)
My 1st fill is on 11th dec in Liverpool - so it's easy to get to, I booked it in late afternoon so no-one from work will know :) you'll probably have another fill before me!!!
Keep yourself hydrated well, as liquids are so important at this stage. I remember the backache right in the middle of your back, it's not nice as you can't turn to get any relief. :(
Keep taking your painkillers, by 3rd or 4th day you'll be ok. X

SAS1 said:
I believe they assess the size of the band by your anatomy inside, it's all done so it fits snugly.
Are you managing liquids ok? I already feel hungry as nothing in mine and I'm only 2 weeks out!!!
I'm eating sloppy foods, but just had a chicken breast mixed with extra light mayo for lunch, hoping a bit of bulk will help :)
My 1st fill is on 11th dec in Liverpool - so it's easy to get to, I booked it in late afternoon so no-one from work will know :) you'll probably have another fill before me!!!
Keep yourself hydrated well, as liquids are so important at this stage. I remember the backache right in the middle of your back, it's not nice as you can't turn to get any relief. :(
Keep taking your painkillers, by 3rd or 4th day you'll be ok. X

O I see I thought if it only a 10 Ml fill & he put 4 ml in will i feel full lol I' had a hot choc & yogurt for breakfast I just had a milky coffee and forgot I should only drink half silly so I feel a bit full Hope im not it was about an hour ago now the pain in back is a bit painful but bearable it's all a learning curve I sure we will be find just so relived it over :) x x keep me posted as I will u ;) x Maxine x

Hey Maxine big congrats hun :) wishing you a speedy recovery! x

Hanako - good luck for tomorrow - will be thinking of you. Keep us posted :) x

Sharon are your clips out yet hun? X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Clips out, they look awful as got massive pinholes either side lol!

Been naughty today, had about 1200 cals :(
Have to be good tomorrow, had a really hungry day tummy rumbling all day, think its near time of month :(

Ate ( had to out of love) a choc and raspberry muffin because my son made them in food tech at school. The other thing is I'm allergic to wheat, so I'll be very unwell layer, already feel a bubbling

Hope you had a good day Tobi? What you been up to? Xxx

Tobi said:
Hey Maxine big congrats hun :) wishing you a speedy recovery! x

Hanako - good luck for tomorrow - will be thinking of you. Keep us posted :) x

Sharon are your clips out yet hun? X

Thanks Toby had a hearty soup earlier but was very scared don't know what full up feels like yet lol x hope u are well hun x

Sharon I'm sure they will heal in no time love :) 2 of my incisions were sore today, I think something rubbed on them, I thought about you :) also I think new skin is growing but the glue is kinda stretching it. I need the glue to flake off now really...

Maxine you sound like you're doing so well :) the fullness is hard to tell at first because the wind pressure in your chest is a similar feeling. The restriction feels like you've had a really big bite of something but you swallowed it without chewing, like a heavy feeling on your chest. I'm trying to learn to stop eating with the first sign because if I continue it's a very uncomfortable bloated feeling. X

Tobi said:
Sharon I'm sure they will heal in no time love :) 2 of my incisions were sore today, I think something rubbed on them, I thought about you :) also I think new skin is growing but the glue is kinda stretching it. I need the glue to flake off now really...

Maxine you sound like you're doing so well :) the fullness is hard to tell at first because the wind pressure in your chest is a similar feeling. The restriction feels like you've had a really big bite of something but you swallowed it without chewing, like a heavy feeling on your chest. I'm trying to learn to stop eating with the first sign because if I continue it's a very uncomfortable bloated feeling. X

Tobi or Sharon did u have two injections in ur arm after op & in the morning before leaving ? I did and now my arm is swollen red around where she injected me I think it was for clotting but now my arm is hot to hurts quit a lot is this norm ?? Xx and I'm in a lot of pain today every where :( x

Ah poor love, I got 7 days worth of injections to take home with me, but had to inject into my tummy. Also got a months worth of fastabs for controlling acid reflux.
If hurting hon try a heated wrap or well covered hot water bottle. Probably is for the prevention of blood clots xxx

Back