• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

trapped wind/bloatedness

roisinoshea

hi ladies and gents. i'm 6 days post op, been on just liquids, but i'm still very bloated and gassy. does anyone have any tips on how i could alleviate this?

Peppermint water. I took 10ml 3 times a day and it shifted the wind quickly.

Ooooh me too! Shoulder neck and arm, so uncomfortable! Xx

Knee squats / knee bends with straight back as much as you can pushes the wind down. The bowels , then get on all fours with bottom higher than head rock back and forward and wait out it pops . Got my hubby doing this after his colonoscopy on Wednesday he said it was the quickest he got rid of the wind after a scope

moving your arms in gentle windmill motion, peppermint tea, windeze or Deflatine, infacol or gripe water, hot water bottle can also help as can having back rubbed like winding a baby

Deflatine, hot water bottle and moving my arms like a windmill, as TK said, all worked for me.

Also slept on my side with the arm of the sore shoulder (in my case, my right shoulder so right arm) propped up on a big cushion helped me sleep comfortably.

Back