• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tv sally morgan :s

charley1987

she was eating pasta 2 weeks after her op and it got stuck no wonder ive been told no pasta for another two weeks xx

i know i am watching this .......xx

That was great as a pre-opper! Very informative & amazing at how mobile & able she was just days after her op! Very reassuring as I worry about that with 2 young kids!

ye just watched that myself just goes to show differant hospitals have differant rules. Did you hear Jorden say if nothing else works take the easy way out lol

yea easy way well easy not if people had to do what we had to do to get the op diet wise and not being able to do or eat anything for a while yea its so easy NOT lol

I have just finished watching it and I am not really sure it is a good insight of what it can be like. I know it is hard to try and condense it all into a one hour show but it made it look to easy - even with her throwing her food up. I am worried that surgery will be seen as the easy option and we all know it is not. I am disappointed personally.

Does anyone know anything about the surgeon who performed the op?

tranquil

i thought that they gave a easy side to it too and not so much of the down side after the stalling, the dumping , the worry of what to eat , the probs of going to toilet x

but i suppose it gave a little insight x

Although I found it "entertaining", I agree that it did not give a true reflection of what surgery is like. I know I've not had my op yet but where was the injecting into ur tummy? Hair loss? Protein intake? Dumping?.....
Sorry, it just made me think that more people will think we're taking the 'easy' option in our journey to weight loss when in fact its far from it..........
Oh, well!!!!

I watched it too and to be honest if I had thought a bypass was that easy I would have certainly had that instead of my band. I give credit to all you bypass peeps for what you really have to cope with. I just hope anyone wanting a bypass does'nt take this program as though thats all it is and really research's the op deeply before going ahead.

I watched it too. Thought they made the journey look very easy......as if!!:mad:

What I couldn't get over is how they said she had lost 5 stone in just 3 months after the op!!! I'm 12 weeks today, and I've lost 33 lbs (2 stone 5lbs!) since op and I'm 'supposedly' doing well! :rolleyes:

Yes that made me wonder, she was not mega heavy just 19.5 stone so how could she lose 5 stone in 12 weeks !!

Yeah I found it entertaining but it definitely didn't give a true reflection of how hard it can be after having a bypass. I more likely glamourised it.

I watched it too. Thought they made the journey look very easy......as if!!:mad:

What I couldn't get over is how they said she had lost 5 stone in just 3 months after the op!!! I'm 12 weeks today, and I've lost 33 lbs (2 stone 5lbs!) since op and I'm 'supposedly' doing well! :rolleyes:

My mate lost 7.5stone in 11 weeks but he was a bit heavier than 20 stone

watched it too and thought wow shes doing so great after the surgery even after 24 hrs!!!!

I thought it was the more glammed up version rather then being the true life version.

x

I thought it made the bypass look like a minor op!!! It was entertaining which was the point I think. Unfortunately it will give the impression that bypass is the easy option - if only! - as we all know wls is the last resort and far from easy. Anyway I wish Sally all the best.

Things that don't give an accurate picture of what WLS is about just make the general negativity from the masses worse and it more difficult for us..I'm glad I didn't see it as things like that just make me angry. Typical TV makers one sided simplistic view. And Jordan..well everything that drops from her mouth is an abomination..I wish she would just go away ick

I haven't seen the programme as I gather it was on Sky?

From comments here that she lost 5st in 3mths I'd hazard a guess that she wasn't taking in sufficient protein so was in fact losing muscle mass than fat, which we all know is 4 times heavier than fat when comparing the same volume. I also suspect her rapid weight loss will cause problems further down the line with excess skin and malnutrition.

I wonder whether I could find the programme online as I'd be interested to see it. Which channel was it on please?

Back