• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tv sally morgan :s

Ive just watched it on demand and I must admit it wasnt as bad as I expected it to be. It was very positive but did show her being sick and struggling to eat, liquid stage etc. It skimmed over the op a little bit I thought, as even though it is keyhole I still believe it to be major surgery.
Overall I thought it was o.k. apart from Jordan! she obviously thinks of surgery as a hobby!
I really hope I do aswell as some of you who have had really positive journeys, but as we all know there are some serious complications that can happen. Fingers crossed that none of us pre-oppers have any. :D

I wonder if there are any producers etc and channels that would be interested in making a weight loss surgery programme that is made by us lot! You know, telling it exactly as it is, good, bad and ugly. Not skipping over bits and actually showing it as it is. Surely there is someone out there willing to do it.
Steph xx

I might be wrong but I dont think the program was about WLS but more about the woman that had it

Noooooo I know that, I watched it, I meant because of how poorly the subject is portrayed, even in Fat Doctor it isnt a really good representation. Just got me thinking is all.
Steph xx

Just noticed that my reply sounded snappy, it wasnt meant to though, sorry x
Steph xx

I was talking to my surgeon and was told that this surgery was originally given to people with crons (sp) disease early in the fifties.

so it has been around for longer than we think.

Now that's very interesting, thanks Mary :) xx

i with you on this steph, i defo appear on ur version of the programme, i like fat doctor but like u sed it isnt always clear, though i did get some good info on it when makin my choice, instead of showing how good wls can be and is, they need to show the bad bits as well, like many of you sed, dumping, hair loss, protein, nothing like this was on the sally morgan show, (p.s. i enjoyed the show)

though how she was able to cook her husband that meal so soon after post op i was shocked, i couldnt stand up for a couple weeks post op with out going dizzy and no way was i cookin for my man, the smells and heat made me so dizzy. xxxx

I enjoyed it too Claudia but like you say she was only days out and lifting what looked to me like a heavy frying pan. I thought we weren't supposed to lift for 6 weeks.

I enjoyed it too Claudia but like you say she was only days out and lifting what looked to me like a heavy frying pan. I thought we weren't supposed to lift for 6 weeks.

You're right, no heavy lifting for 6 weeks. I have several cast iron pans and even now at 4wks I won't lift them as it can put a strain on your tummy. I think it's all too easy to forget but I still get twinges if I've overdone things slightly, such as mowing the lawn :eek: ...(don't worry, I didn't start the mower or empty the grass collector, I just pushed it ;) )

I watched the programme too, and agree that it didn't show enough of the down side to the op, the dumping, hairloss, pain etc.
I also just wanted to say that, her husband is also very overweight, and there she was frying him a huuuuugge breakfast, she is surely not helping his weight problem, and he is a prime candidate for heart attack/high cholesterol/diabetes etc. She could be sending him to an early grave, but at least she would be able to still speak to him ;)

I she is surely not helping his weight problem, and he is a prime candidate for heart attack/high cholesterol/diabetes etc. She could be sending him to an early grave, but at least she would be able to still speak to him ;)

:8855: :8855:

LOL @ phatmommas quote - Katie Price was definitely talking out of her botox'd lips unfortunately it sounded like the other end was doing the chatting...

ROFL.gif
HaHa.gif

hi Jaffa cake i think someone said it was reshowing ion the 28th ..............its earlier in this thread somewhere

Why am I so controversal. I luv Katie Price and I think what she said was very relevant. She said if she had tried every method she could to lose weight the correct way, understood the risks that surgery brings, then go ahead.

Just because she has had plastic surgery doesnt mean she cant have an opinion. I should think there will be a lot of you who will jump at the opportunity to have all your loose skin removed, thats plastic surgery.

I do have to be bloody awkward dont I:copon:

SORRY.:cry:

Jan...her cooking her husband that food is something that only HE can stop. You have to be ready to face your weight problem and maybe he isnt ready yet, he may never be, but until he tells her that he wants to lose weight and asks her to maybe make him healthier meals, or even make them himself, then she is just showing her love for him. Case in point is...ME...my husband is six foot four and twenty three stone in weight. He has sleep apnea and arthritic knees (since he was late twenties, now thirty two) and has said recently that he feels like a really fat man, his knees hurt, especially when he walks, his apnea obviously is no better and he now has times when we both notice that he is developing that 'fat man' (as he calls it) way of breathing. I have said that I will encouarage him in any way that I can, if he wanted to consider surgery then I would support that, if not then I will only make him healthy food. Right now he adores the cakes and biscuits that I make and his favourite thing is the bacon, egg and cheese bagels that I make him of a weekend. I said that I would happily stop making him any of this to help him shed some of the weight but he said that whilst he feels crappy about it, right now he doesnt have the motivation to do anything about it and that he has to get to the point of truly being committed to doing something about it before anything can happen, so could I still please carry on as we are. I cant force him to lose some weight, if I stop making anything nice for him he will only go out and get it elsewhere, plenty of shops sell the things that I make and if I cant give it to him then until he is ready to change, somewhere else will. He didnt say that, but I know that its true, he loves the food that I make him and I love to see him happy, my food makes him happy right now so what right do I have to tell him he cant have any of it, it would just cause friction and make him resent me and I really need him on my side right now to help me through my own journey.
If he turned to me tomorrow and said "lets do this, I want to shed the weight, no more cakes and biscuits and bagels" then I would stop, I would make him healthy healthy food and I would encourage him to the very best of my ability, until that day comes, it isnt my place to tell him to lose weight or change his eating habits, and the same goes for Sally, until her husband chooses for himself, she is just doing the one thing that she knows makes him happy.
I hope that my reply doesnt seem snappy or anything, I dont mean it that way, I just understand her situation with regards to having a heavy partner, she may well want to help him, but until HE chooses it, she cant.
Steph xx

P.S I have considered cold turkey treatment for my hubby, not having any bad foods in for him, not cooking him these bad things, but he then asks why am I doing it and if I mention the weight thing then he gets very very depressed about it and he works damn hard, I truly dont want to be the one that depressed him.

Why am I so controversal. I luv Katie Price and I think what she said was very relevant. She said if she had tried every method she could to lose weight the correct way, understood the risks that surgery brings, then go ahead.

Just because she has had plastic surgery doesnt mean she cant have an opinion. I should think there will be a lot of you who will jump at the opportunity to have all your loose skin removed, thats plastic surgery.

I do have to be bloody awkward dont I:copon:

SORRY.:cry:

I dont think that its the fact that she has had plastic surgery, probably not even the fact that she is addicted to it (sorry but her reactions in some of her shows when being put out for proceedures shows she is hooked on aspects of it) but that a lot of people think that she is not a very nice person, she lives her life in the magazines and seems only keen to be in the limelight, you cant open magazines these days without seeing her all over them informing the world about every little aspect of her life. Yes I know, you dont have to buy any of them, I personally dont, but that is why you will find people showing animosity to her, not simply because she has had plastic surgery. I also dont think that anybody will appreciate being compared to her in any way, shape or form, we are NOT having the same kind of plastics that she is and noone will appreciate that comparison.
Steph xx

P.S it was the comment they let you see right before the break when she said about taking the easy road and having surgery, not the bit in the main show, that bit sounded fine.

I wasn't going to watch it on the very basis that Katy Price was in it, but OH recorded it & persuaded me to watch it about half an hour after it started, I only agreed in the end because I could fast-forwarded it when t*ts on legs was blathering (sorry Ladylite, I loathe her with a passion). I agree the programme was exactly what it was meant to be...entertainment, & I am quite sure it was edited in such a way as to have entertainment in mind. I don't think for one second it was meant to be an in-depth documentary of WLS, which is a shame, but it was what it was.

Sorry Steph I wouldnt mind being compared to her and I would be proud to say she is my daughter after what she has to go through with the lies in the press.

I think a women of her standing that has stood by her disabled son the way she does should be admired not skinned alive.

Plastic surgery to improves ones image is plastic surgery and I wasnt comparing anyone of the site to her either. Just because she has got the money to do what she wants addicted or not.

Again I am sure there is a lot on here who would of had their surgery sooner if they had the money, instead of the agonising wait they had to endure before they were given the OK. I would of had it years ago if the money was available.

But then thats just my opinion, I cant wait for her next series as I think she has such character, Barbie doll or not...... :rolleyes:

My mum always said "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything atall" .......... so I shall stay respectfully and uncharacteristically quiet! :D

Back