• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tv sally morgan :s

It was on living tv.. its repeated on Monday 28th at 10pm.x

24 hours after my op i was still in the hdu!
they rarely give the downside unless it is a program aimed at the negatives. It's either doom and gloom or glitz and glory with these progs, rarely do you get the true life version.

Anyone who would under go such an op without the proper research, well... good luck to them eh!

.x.

I didn't see the programme as we don't have Living TV as far as I know. However, I had my bypass in the afternoon and got back to the ward at 7:30pm. They got me out of bed at 7:30am the next morning, I walked down the corridor and had a shower, and I then sat in my chair sipping water for the rest of the day. The only pain meds I had in hospital were when I initially came round in recovery after the op. I declined all offers of Paracetamol for the 6 days I was there, as I really didn't feel I needed any. I did take some after I got home however, as I was starting to be more active and having to climb stairs etc.

Who in their right mind would ask Kate Price for her opinion on anything?

hahahahahahaha!
prolly the same people who would ask Jeremy Kyle!

.x.

I don't believe in anything I see on Living TV to be honest. I took part in Extreme Makeover UK a few years ago, they make plastic surgery look so easy and a piece of cake.

The series that I was due to appear on failed to mention how one woman died on the operating table - thankfully she was brought back to life ! Another woman has been left nearly blind due to laser eye surgery, another woman has had nothing but problems with her porcelain venears, the list goes on.

Never trust anything you see on TV, especially Living TV !!!!!!!!!!

I saw the show and thought they made the operation look like a stroll in the park! I'm guessing she paid for her surgery as she only had to wait 2 weeks for it!

I've been lucky in my recovery period so far, but having done the research and speaking to lots of wls people i know that i have indeed been blessed. It could have been a lot harder than it was and is being!

Katie Price was definitely talking out of her botox'd lips unfortunately it sounded like the other end was doing the chatting...

I found the 45 stone virgin which was on immediately after a totally brill programme and so inspirational too x

Just a thought about the 5 stone in 3 months bit, I was told as I had done milk diet and pre op diet and had lost 'shed loads' (dietician's words lol) of weight before my surgery, I was in the steady weight loss part already and not the rapid weight loss ofter surgery as I'd already done that bit lol...

So as she only had 2 weeks from deciding and then having op she lost alot initially post op because of that....

Did that make sense??? lol

Trust me to be controversal, but I have to say I do think that the by pass was easy, well it was for me I have sailed through it and I am far from a spring chicken.

It was much easier than going on a diet, losing weight then putting it back on again, then getting depressed because you feel a failure.

We all know what we are getting into and the problems that can happen, ie the dumping etc.

She, like me, went private so didnt have the agonising wait for the surgery so that part was easy for her. Although I have had to give up a lot to pay for mine it was worth it.

If someone comments on how much weight I have lost I actually tell people I have taken the easy way out, cause for me........ I have. I dont regret it and I dont feel at all ashamed for doing that and I couldnt give a toss what anyone thinks about my decision.

If I had been a drug addict, an alcholic or a smoker I would of got loads of support from the NHS, but because I was a fatty I never, even though I was constantly depressed over my weight or my lack of will power and my food addiction.

Hope my post doesnt upset anyone, but that is just my opinion.

Well said Ladylite, I have two friends that have sailed through their Bypasses with no hitches, like some on here have too, wouldn't it be just peachy for me as well !!!
Well done to you all on your weight losses, you're all stars x J

I agree ive had no problems at all with my bypass and have lost 12st 8lbs since my op in Nov though i've said this before ime glad i didnt go private because it gave me time to research and understand what i had to do after whereas private patients that have only 2 weeks to prepare ime not to sure, again thats just my opinion and ime sure private patients have had has much success than a nhs patient and long may it continue, just regarding the 45 st virgin i watched a second programme on him and had put a load of weight back on so the third programme could be very interesting.

I was actually going to agree with Julie that some of us have had it very easy so far, and suggest the reason was because we had months to fully research it so we know what we need to do. Then along comes Mary who has also breezed through it after having her surgery within only a couple of weeks of making the decision! :8855:

I had a month to research and as soon as I found this site it was a doddle.

All the information you needed was on here and if someone one here didnt know they knew a man who did.

I must say initially I thought it was more of a doddle until I read some posts that showed the down side of wls and I do believe there are some.

I'm sure there are Mary, and I'm not complacent enough to think I'll continue to have it so easy. It's the long term effects that worry me as there just isn't enough research out there yet. I could effectively live another 40 years but what if I've shortened my life by having a bypass?! This is something none of us can foresee, but a scary thought all the same!

Having said that I don't regret having surgery. If I only have another 20 years of a better quality life, I'd rather that than live with obesity & related diseases for the next 20 years!

I was talking to my surgeon and was told that this surgery was originally given to people with crons (sp) disease early in the fifties.

so it has been around for longer than we think.

Back