• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Urm.......ouch

donnax658

Sorry about this to anyone who hasn't yet had their op but I had my band fitted on friday and I feel like i've been hit by a 10 ton truck :(
I honestly didn't expect to be pain free but I never imagined for one minute that it would hurt this much. I have a really high pain threshold so i'm very shocked to be feelin so bad.
Havin said all that, would I change a thing???????..............would I heck!!!!! I know this pain wont last for long and then i'll be saying hello to a brand new me:D
I had a 14 ml band fitted and they gave me a 5ml fill to kickstart the weightloss so fingers crossed it's onwards and upwards from now on.
On a very positive note I have now lost 24lbs since the begining of my pre op diet :party0011:

Donna well done on your band, and the great weight loss on your pre-op diet, welcome to the losing team :)

hope the pain soon goes Donna. Well done on joining the losing side. xx

hi donna. the pain wil get better as each day passes, have some gripe water for the wind pain as the trapped wind can cause reflective pain, also move about potter around the house as this helps you to recover more quickly, just sitting will make it worse, also take the pain relief on time that they have given you,i hope your feeling better soon.

liz x

:happy096::wow:

Congratualtiuons babe...Im sure you will be feeling better in a few days and in 2 weeks I will be joining you with my band when we are both feeling a bit better we should meet up for a tiny coffee somewhere between WGC and Barnet...but not Hatfield lol :D

Its a deal then babe :D keep in touch and Im sure if you can get some sleep you will feel a bit better in the morning...sweet dreams

Hi Donna,

Firstly a massive round of applause for your weightloss so far, that is amazing:D

Secondly, sorry to hear you are in pain but it gets better, by the end of this week you will feel so different. You have just had major surgery, go easy on yourself. Take the medications given and most of all rest. If the wind gets to you, have a shumble around the house or go for a gentle walk round the block. I found that helped sooo much.

Looking forward to hearing about all your loose clothes and weight loss victories:)

Back