• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Verbal Abuse continues !

Fat Again

After years and years of being verbally abused for being fat, it still continues.

I have recently been told I have let myself go and have become a slummy mummy, my little boy is 16 months old.

I do my hair and make up everyday, but I have to admit on the clothes side of it, Im having trouble as I can't get clothes to fit me since losing the weight due to odd measurements.

But worse of all happended this morning, a male colleague whom I have worked with for 18 years kindly told me that from the waist up I look great but from the waist down Im still massive and could do with a vaccum to suck the fat out of my "jelly hips", he said this as he poked them.

I tried to make a joke out of it saying that my hips have good uses, especially for carrying around my little boy. He then said that I shouldn't be carrying him around because he'll end up fat like me !

When will it stop ?

When you punch his feckin' lights out and he grows a pair!!!

These people make me mad!

Sorry you're continuing to get these tosspots commenting!

Put a complait in at work about this guy he is a bully ! at school age maybe we would put up with kiddy coments about weight but as an adult it is not acceptable He sounds like a compleat **** ! Grrrrrrr you have done so well and need encoragement not horrible comentsfrom brain dead prats, your a yummy mummy and dont forget it x x

What an absolute pratt! I would have decked him, cheeky b*****d! I know it takes all sorts to make the world go round but that takes the biscuit, best of it is, he probably thinks he is doing you a favour by sharing his opinion! ahhhhh!

OMG I'm appalled that this tosspot would dare to speak to you like this, especially in your place of work.

I think you need to make a stance and put in a formal grievance against him. No one has the right to comment on your appearance.

You definitely need to put a formal complaint in against this guy, and seeing as he touched you, I would make it a sexual harassment complaint. that will knock the wind out of his sails. don't be bullied by these type of pricks. ;)

I agree with the above...... Have him charged with Fatism...

Fatism (n) -

1. Discrimination or prejudice based on a person's weight.

Fatist (n & adj) -
1. A a person with a prejudiced belief that one persons weight is superior to others.

2. based on intolerance to a person's weight.

Cheeky effing swine........

what a tool! mixxy, go sort him out lol

just cos you have known him so long doesnt mean he can talk to you like that!

Ignore him! you know your better than him in everway, regardless of shape or size!

next time he pokes your hip, poke him in the eye!

x

another complete twat that , like mixman say's, he wants a slap,
thats no way to talk to any one,
the tosser,
trouble is there are too many like this out there mores the pity girl x

I agree with the above...... Have him charged with Fatism...

Fatism (n) -

1. Discrimination or prejudice based on a person's weight.

Fatist (n & adj) -
1. A a person with a prejudiced belief that one persons weight is superior to others.

2. based on intolerance to a person's weight.

Cheeky effing swine........
Unfortunately Fatism is not legally recognised, I did a course on Discrimination, and these are the only legal outlines for discrimination....

• gender reassignment
  • pregnancy and maternity leave
  • sexual orientation
  • disability
  • race
  • colour
  • ethnic background
  • nationality
  • religion or belief
Mixman summed up my feelings completely.

I also disagree that this incident should go ignored. He needs to be made an example of.

Unfortunately we as 'fatties' have been conditioned to not make a fuss, because in wider society 'fatism' is a perceived as a self-inflicted condition. We aren't allowed to be offended we have to laugh it off ... it's really not on.

Write an email to HR copy your manager in on said email. Make sure you point out in the email that you want some recourse and a simple apology will not be good enough ... he touched you, he commented upon your appearance and then dared to comment upon your child.
Your colleague as violated you in so many ways it makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

Make an example of him; write the complaint.

the guy is ignorant and needs to be taught a lesson, as others have said put in a official complaint to to line manager, it should result in at very least a written warning which I'm sure will make him think twice before making anymore comments or poking you.. stay strong you're doing great...

Firstly, I would go up to him and ask him to apologise in front of people, saying that he is bullying you and if he apologises this time you will let him off, but if he does it again you will go to personnel and report him. It would be a good idea to tell personnel what is going on. If you need any help I have a friend whom is high up in personnel and she might be able to tell you/me what to do.

Secondly, on the quiet I would go a let all his tyres down when no one if looking.

Fooking idiot.:eek:

Although there is no legal protection against weight, the fact he touched you below the waist is definatley sexual harassement. Put in a written complaint to your immediate boss unless he is your boss then go one level above his level. Or like the others have said, get him alone and teach him some manners(if you know what I mean;);))

Thanks for all your support guys, I wish I could complain about him, but he's one of our top engineers and can do no wrong in the bosses eyes. I had a quiet word with one of my Directors about what was said and his reaction was to laugh !!!!

The company I work for are not very professional and its definately a mans world here.

Im going to avoid him like the plague next time he comes in, or maybe take up some of your suggestions, like kicking him in the goolies.

Thanks for all your support guys, I wish I could complain about him, but he's one of our top engineers and can do no wrong in the bosses eyes. I had a quiet word with one of my Directors about what was said and his reaction was to laugh !!!!

The fact that his is a top engineer should hold no bearing in this case, and at the end of the day what he said/did was wrong PERIOD....and as for the directors to laugh about it as well...You should go above his head because they are meant to be there to protect their workers,and they are meant to set an example. No wonder the twat does this kind of thing coz the directors allow him to get away with it , and they should NOT allow other workers to act in this manner with other workers or discriminate.

The company I work for are not very professional and its definately a mans world here.

The way the director handled your concerns show this is not a very professional practise, and unless people make a stand this sort of behaviour will continue

Im going to avoid him like the plague next time he comes in, or maybe take up some of your suggestions, like kicking him in the goolies.

Not being funny or meaning to upset you...but why should YOU avoid HIM.You done NOTHING wrong......... Let him know his behaviour was UNACCEPTABLE and if he does it again you WILL take the matter further....DO NOT avoid him because it will show no matter wot he says or does he has the backing of the directors and can get away with anything......Stand up for yourself Hun.

Hope this hasnt upset you in anyway , it just furiates me ppl can act like this and get away with it .....

All the best - MeJulie xx;)

Back