• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Verbal Abuse continues !

I cringed readin your thread hun.

I bet u didn't know where to put yourself, and tried to laugh it off out of pure embarassement. Why do people feel they have the right to say these things.

I really hope it doesn't get u down for too long because your doing amazing and why should we let these ignorant twats have an effect on us.

Hold your head up high and smirk at him whilst lookin him up n down. I bet his tadger is tiny, you think about that next time u see him x x x x :D

Irrespective of what or might not be the case, your colleague is in breech of a number of statutes. You could make things difficult for him. Perhaps a quiet word in his ear explaining the consequences of any further comments would take him down a peg or two.

It is totally unacceptable for hime to have made such comments and his career could be at risk if you decided to push things.

U

AARRGGGGHHHHH I hate bullies....I can just imagine the smug cocky *astard! Dont let this *rse get you down, you are so much better than this scum...rise above it and look down on him....he is the one with the problem....not you.... ((HUGS)) XX

OMG that's awful, I'd definitely make a complaint as it's bullying and harassment. No one should have to put up with comments like that in or outside of work.

I think I'm going have a quiet word in his ear and let him know he over stepped the mark.

I'm not going to let him know he made me bawl my eyes out, but will make sure he knows I was not happy with his comments and trust that we won't have a repeat performance !

I think I'm going have a quiet word in his ear and let him know he over stepped the mark.

I'm not going to let him know he made me bawl my eyes out, but will make sure he knows I was not happy with his comments and trust that we won't have a repeat performance !

you_go_girl.gif

Top engineer or not, do your bosses want you off with stress, that will cost them. I'd document any further incidents aswell as this one & keep it on record with whoever is responsible for HR in your company. Your boss has a legal obligations for your health & safety at work. As a boss myself I'd hate to think my staff were being treated like this & I just stood by & watched it happen. By physically touching you it is classed as a personal assult.
Keep your chin up & look for a better job you deserve better!
Bunny x

I am shaking with anger afta reading this post!! How dare anyone say that to somebody, where does he live/work? I'll show him what damage a fat lass can do when I stamp on his neck!! Ha, ha

Tell him from me that it doesnt matter how fat we are, we'll never be as ugly as him!!

Rant over. Sorry but I can't believe that a man could speak to any woman in such a way & I hope he see's the error of his ways!

I'm with all of the above. It is verbal harassment in the work place. By putting his hands on you he has also invaded your personal space....

I'm damn sure he wouldn't like it if you told him he had a nice face grabbed him by the **** and said shame about the lack of equipment! What a twat!

You keep your chin up, you have done amazingly well! The only person you need to love you is you xxx and your little man of course x

that is so frigging awful it actually made me want to cry. Some people just don't understand that we don't chose to be fat, we are not lazy. We deserve a place in society and we have feelings. People that say these nasty comments have probably never had a weight issue nor to they have a decent bone in their body.

You are doing brilliant in your weight loss, keep up the good work and remember that you are the better person.

What a complete insensative muppet (and that's harsh for me). How dare he even coment on your journey. It's a shame he can't have some for of surgery to sort out his problems!!!!! Keep smiling hun and remember we are all proud of you and what you have achieved xxx

For what it's worth, I think you having a quiet word with him will work, but, as someone mentioned, log everything from here on in. One chance is all he should get before you sink him and make a hefty claim from your employer.

U

Words just fail me! :eek: This guy is obviously an arrogant ................ I can't think of a word strong enough.

I have no idea how to handle it as he obviously doesn't give a monkey's flying butt as to whether his comments were hurtful or not.

I would certainly not have laughed it off and I would have raised such a stink just to embarass the bugger.

Some people have no morals and don't give a second thought to how their comment has left the receiver feeling. I would tell him to his face how you feel after his uncalled for comment and hope he feels as uncomfortable as you do. Big hugs and chin up because you know you are so much better than him and you know you would never hurt anyones feelings like that xxxx

Shocking! Absolutely shocking. I agree with what others have said, this can't be ignored. I would raise a grievance.
What worries me is not only that some people actually say these things out loud, but the number of people who THINK this way, without saying it to our face.

*hugs*

I think this matter shouldn't be done through 'quiet words in ears' - if you were going to do that it should have been done there and then. By virtue of the fact you bought it to the director's attention says to me it needs to be handled formally; ESPECIALLY since there is a blatant culture of those who are 'untouchable' (no pun intended) in your work place.
I think you need to write a formal letter detailing everything including your director's response.

I'm totally on 12dobidog's line of thinking on this ... do you have a Union and are you in it?

I would create merry hell. This shouldn't be allowed to happen - regardless of weather he is the dog's boll0cks of gas fitting or whatever he does.

No personal insults .... do everything formally.

Back