• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for Surgery Date

Rose2016

Ok so it may not be going to OUR plan, but it is going to A plan and it looks like all three of us London ladies will be in the Losers bench by Christmas. Something to look forward to, no?

paulam

Hi ladies. Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Yes it looks as if we will be on the loser's bench by Christmas. My surgeon did say she will try to do surgery before my big birthday because I was so hoping to go on holiday.

limedog

I really do hope so as I've got a holiday booked to Florida end of March and I so need to be on the road of recovery I'll keep you all updated when I get a date would be good to know when you 2 get a date too best of luck xxx

paulam

I really do hope so as I've got a holiday booked to Florida end of March and I so need to be on the road of recovery I'll keep you all updated when I get a date would be good to know when you 2 get a date too best of luck xxx
Hi Limedog have you had any news on your surgery date. I was nearly given the 18th October then was told they had to delete that date because my surrgeon was on holiday. I should be nearer the top of the list but still have to wait for a while (staying positive :):))

Nicola barnes

Hi Im in Kent under the PRUH. Im had a meeting with the Dr at the hospital and had my blood tests done. Iv been sent a questionaire to complete and then I am attending tier 3 weight management.. Can anyone tell me what this is? My journey is at the beginning and reading all your posts has been great.

limedog

Hi Limedog have you had any news on your surgery date. I was nearly given the 18th October then was told they had to delete that date because my surrgeon was on holiday. I should be nearer the top of the list but still have to wait for a while (staying positive :):))
I actually called today was told I'm in the top 20 to be given a date was told to call in 2 weeks hopefully not long goodluck

paulam

Hi
Hi Im in Kent under the PRUH. Im had a meeting with the Dr at the hospital and had my blood tests done. Iv been sent a questionaire to complete and then I am attending tier 3 weight management.. Can anyone tell me what this is? My journey is at the beginning and reading all your posts has been great.
Hi Nicole the questionnaire I believe is to assess your suitability as well as give them an idea of your health and how weight impacts your life. Good luck on your journey please keep us posted x

los in it

Well done on getting a day it's all great guns ahead now for you!

FeeBee

That's great news @paulam :) they very best of luck!

paulam

Thank you nervous and excited at the same time just want to be on the loser's bench. Have to wait for cardiac report to come back and as long as that and bloods are ok surgery will go ahead:woohoo:

Turps

That's excellent news about getting your date.

paulam

Started the milk diet today OMG I heard it was challenging but this seriously makes me not want to come out of my bed until the war is over. On a lighter note anxiety is not affecting me as much now but I am feeling more tired than normal

MrsN

Hi - great news you have your date. I'm having a sleeve on 11.11.16 and a good few days into the milk diet. It's tough going isn't it but stay focused on the end result! Come and join us in the November surgery group. Not long til losers bench.

Turps

Started the milk diet today OMG I heard it was challenging but this seriously makes me not want to come out of my bed until the war is over. On a lighter note anxiety is not affecting me as much now but I am feeling more tired than normal

I found it got better about three days in, so hopefully you'll be hitting that point soon. Fingers crossed you're feeling better.

SAM55

The tiredness is normal. Are you taking any vits? It does get better, honest. Just picture that liver shrinking, or even better, waking up in the recovery room to find they had sewed you up without doing it as your liver was too big! I really worried that I wasn't going to cope with it, but was given that as motivator and it worked. All that hard work over the months for possibly nothing.

Try and find things you can do to distract you. Bed is the worst place you can be...

Pleased the anxiety is not so much of a problem, that is a major bonus. :)