• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall Massive Support Group

:eek::eek:Never mind that... Look at your picture you sexy beast!!

Seriously the meet is at Marions house on Friday 5th Feb.

Sam

You have just made me and Marc chuckle our heads off. Thanks babe I can't wait till I look as sexy as you tho ;).

I will need M's address from some one please. Will defo be there this time x x

I have sent it to you in a text about an hour ago along with the date and time x x x

Sam

You have just made me and Marc chuckle our heads off. Thanks babe I can't wait till I look as sexy as you tho ;).

I will need M's address from some one please. Will defo be there this time x x

Are WM not doing their support meets anymore? If so could you not see about taking over there's at the club it used to be at and if they wanna send a representative to the meeting then all well and good? Just thinking as i know i'd like to come but don't want to impose on someone taking over their house for the evening..... Especially as i couldn't return the favour in my little house that seats 5 comfortably lol x

Are WM not doing their support meets anymore? If so could you not see about taking over there's at the club it used to be at and if they wanna send a representative to the meeting then all well and good? Just thinking as i know i'd like to come but don't want to impose on someone taking over their house for the evening..... Especially as i couldn't return the favour in my little house that seats 5 comfortably lol x

Julie, the WM support groups were not run by the hospital, but by patients who are also part of a different WLS forum, which I obviously cannot mention here. As far as I know they havent had a meet for a long long time now due to cancellations, probs with room hire etc.

I too worry about not being able to invite everyone here to my house, especially as the group gets larger, but one of the things we discussed briefly at the first meeting was finding a location where we could hold regular meetings. Perhaps this will be discussed again at the 2nd meeting.

Please don't think you can't extend the invitation to the support group - we did discuss trying to find a meeting place more central to everyone but obviously with no funding it's a bit tight and we will continue to discuss this problem at the next meeting (so put your thinking hats on). Looking forward to seeing you all and i'm sorry for not checking up on the messages quicker.

Sending you all hugs with fairy dust xx

Can someone please message me marions address for tomorrow night please and the time.
thanks

Would if I had it but dont thought terri texted you.

Dont think i'll be able to make it but you never know

xx

Thanks Terri look forward to seeing you all

Hi Everyone,

Just to say how great it was to actually meet up with some of you and be able to ask questions and see how fantastic you all looked. I can't wait till I'm post op and can be in your shoes, (or even knee high boots cause I can't get any to fit me at the moment lol).

I'm not going to be able to make the meeting tonight unfortunately, but will be looking out for details of the next meet though and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Mel x x

Hi Everyone,

Just to say how great it was to actually meet up with some of you and be able to ask questions and see how fantastic you all looked. I can't wait till I'm post op and can be in your shoes, (or even knee high boots cause I can't get any to fit me at the moment lol).

I'm not going to be able to make the meeting tonight unfortunately, but will be looking out for details of the next meet though and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Mel x x

Hey Mel

It was really lovely to meet you too hun. Can't wait to have you on the losing side and for you to start experiencing some of the benefits of surgery. Hope we didnt scare you too much either with the bad stuff!

SOrry you cant make it tonight, but hope to see you again very soon xx

What a brilliant and informative night I had thanks ladies, Did our new man join the group yet?. Naughty puppy, Lisa, Strawberry Twig, Terri, Sam, Marion and Leslie you all looked amazing and the confidence in you all just oozed out, If I have half of what you lot have got after this op I will be happy.

I really think more pre-oppers should go, i felt i could ask any question and everyone was very truthful about the facts and it has helped me a lot even though some answers scared me to death :D

I cant believe what a small world it is out there, eh Louise:D Nice to also meet Julie at last

Was really nice to put names to faces and have such an informal meeting, very relaxed and enjoyable can't wait till the next one now:D

What a good night i had last night! Was lovely meeting people who had just been funny names till last night, also lovely to meet Beano who should be along to join up pretty soon i think....

Thank you Marion for your hospitality and so sorry you had to kick us out after 11 lol, isn't your husband a lovely man???

All the post oppers look fabulous but for me it had to be Sam, purely because i met you post op! You look like a different person, absolutely stunning (as did the others).. Was lovely to meet ST, i've imagined how you are and you are just like i thought :)

Looking forward to the next meeting xxx

What a brilliant and informative night I had thanks ladies, Did our new man join the group yet?. Naughty puppy, Lisa, Strawberry Twig, Terri, Sam, Marion and Leslie you all looked amazing and the confidence in you all just oozed out, If I have half of what you lot have got after this op I will be happy.

I really think more pre-oppers should go, i felt i could ask any question and everyone was very truthful about the facts and it has helped me a lot even though some answers scared me to death :D

I cant believe what a small world it is out there, eh Louise:D Nice to also meet Julie at last

Was really nice to put names to faces and have such an informal meeting, very relaxed and enjoyable can't wait till the next one now:D

ive made it ladies :D and would like to say a big thank you to you all for such a lovely evening, i was amazed at some of the storys and advise i came away with last night, and you all look so amazing and happy, im really looking forward to being able to share my experiences with you all, and being here if you should need me but most of all being part of this fantastic site.

A very big thankyou to zettacatty for hosting a wonderful evening and also to topsy for making me laugh (still thinking about the chinesse man's winkle):8855:.

look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting
(thats if im invited) :rolleyes:

beano

Yeahhhhhhhhhh welcome beano it was great to see you last night as not many men would be brave enough :D we also have another thread up the top called Walsall Massive thats where we all call home lol

I had a fantastic night last night :D

Just would liek to apologise for going on and on and on and on....and on. lol

I can not stop talking when i am nervous and i was quite nervous meeting everyone so again..very sorry
xxx

I also had a great night. It was lovely to chat and laugh with people who have been thru or are going thru the same.

You all made me laugh with you stories :D

Its great to put faces to names, and your all lovely.

Thanks Marion for having me and to Leslie for the receipe and all the hard work you've done so far.

I cant make the next meet on 19th as Megan has her school friend Danielle staying over before the end of half term, but I will definately try for the next one. x

Welcome Beano, you survived the meeting then hehe x

Phatmomma it was lovely to meet you and you did make me chuckle x

I may have found a venue for our meetings...and it might even be free :D
xx

Ditto to everything that has already been said.

Marion, thanks for your hospitality and I really had no idea that you lived so close.

Topsy, you made me laugh so hard. I'm never going to look at a chinese man in the same way again!

Julie, lovely to see you again. Won't be long now till you are on the losers bench. Linda, Louise, Helen, Lisa, Beano (sorry, I didnt even ask your real name!) It was lovely to meet you all for the first time, and hope to catch up with you all on a regular basis.

Tammy, you look fab babe. Didn't get a chance to talk to you much, but you look fantastic sweetie. We need a proper catch up very soon.

Terri, You look fab as usual hun. I'm still excited at your Uni news. Fingers crossed for the hatrick.

And Rach, you are looking just fabulous hun. You look really well, and OMG those shoes. Don't worry about appearing nervous. It didnt come across like that. You came across like a strong, confident woman. Tell us about this venue then!!

Back