• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Being Positive about US!!!

topsy

Over the months i have been a member of minis i have read many threads about the ignorance and rudness of other people to those of us who are 'downright wholesome'!!!!! (salt of the earth we are)

I have in the past even replied my disgust to some of these threads but i'm sorry i am becoming tired of seeing such threads now.

WE are sooooo much better than these people and yet we give up our thoughts and our time to write about them hear WHY???????

I have come across many of these people since i became 'wholesome' but do you know i don't give a monkey about them why should i????? They are rude, ignornant and of small brain - they are usually slim, immaculately dressed and have a nose that they could look down on the whole of the world from!!!!!

But they are not us - they are not wholesome of body or of thought. They don't care about others (only about themselves).

So i think we need to make a pact and just IGNORE these people - i would much rather read threads about all of you and your progress, your problems, your rants and your laughs.

I hope i haven't upset any one as this was not meant to upset but to unite us as a strong and supportive body for each other.

Sending you all hugs and fairy dust - cos your worth it xx

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

I agree...it's not constructive to dwell on what some ignorant so and so has said in the past, even though it hurts us at the time...

'sticks and stones...'

we can rise above it :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Very well said, i have been a victim of this so many times and usually i would retaliate but the past few months where this has happened to me 3 times even once on my door step am proud to say i have just ignored them but it is really not easy especially if like me ur obesity has consumed and taken over ur whole life and made me housebound and the odd times i do go out to get abuse for no reason is very hard to ignore but i am trying as i wont lower myself to their level xx

Topsy
i totally agree with every word you have said, who needs people like that, and if they are suppose to be your friends then they are friends you can well do without, well said girl
regards
Steve

Here here! Agree with you 100000%!!

Topsy
i totally agree with every word you have said, who needs people like that, and if they are suppose to be your friends then they are friends you can well do without, well said girl
regards
Steve
All Leicester Tiger fans are just quality people!!!!!1

yep totally agree.....however, i would feel better venting here among friends than give the sad ignorant so and so's the satisfaction of seeing me upset or retaliate...xx

Topsy I agree up to a point, but the old addage 'words can never hurt you' isn't strictly true, and sometimes people need to let off steam, and I guess that's partly what this forum is for, so that we can get it off our chests. Otherwise especially on a downhill of lifes roller coaster there may be nowhere else for some people to turn.
I agree that 'rude people' shouldn't be given the web space, but we matter and if we need to offload, so be it. x x

Ahhh Topsy you are sweet...it would be wonderful if other people were compassionate like you.

Are we nicer because we have experienced (in one way or another) being the victim of a mindless and thoughtless word or worse?...Maybe for some people they never give a damn about anyone else until they experience stuff first hand, be it obesity or any thing else.

I have been fairly lucky I have not had anything said to me...but I have suspected a snigger or "that look" that makes you feel so miserable for the rest of the day...

I went to meet hubby last week for lunch...parked the car in the shopping mall close to where the people who wash cars are...4 guys and woman...as I walked past I know they were talking about me...you know how it is...it hurt but I carried on and didn't give them the satisfaction of an altercation with them...but I told my husband and when he walked me back to the car they crapped themselves...and all he did was point his finger...(I didn't want him to say anything else...it was enough to see that reaction).

But some here in Mini's have had terrible experiences with these ignorant mindless idiots...and Mini's is somewhere they can come and vent their feelings...and get the support form the lovely mini people...this way they can get back some of their confidence by just knowing that they are not alone.

It is therapy coming here to Mini's and sharing not just the good times but the bad times too.

Bless you

(((hugs)))

Topsy I agree up to a point, but the old addage 'words can never hurt you' isn't strictly true, and sometimes people need to let off steam, and I guess that's partly what this forum is for, so that we can get it off our chests. Otherwise especially on a downhill of lifes roller coaster there may be nowhere else for some people to turn.
I agree that 'rude people' shouldn't be given the web space, but we matter and if we need to offload, so be it. x x

I see your point Topsy but I feel that the fact that so many of us can relate and empathise with the actions and words of others which are specific to our weight and size is a really important attribute of Mini's.

If we can't air our upset and angst here - who can we share it with?

Jen x

Well said Topsey!!!!!! I feel the same way!!!! Just beause we are larger than life dose notmean that we should be letting people get us down.

Water of a ducks back and all that!!!

It may hurt at the time but think about all the positives, ut a smile on your face and remember a tomorrow is another day.

If it is someone you know then just save any coments until you are slim and can stick 2 fingers up to them.

Yes it is good to be able to share good and bad points on here - but my point is we shouldn't give these ignorant rude people valuable space on here. Would they give us a second thought???? No - so why should we give them air on here.

We are better than these people and lets face it - did the art masters of yesteryear paint these ignorant people???? NO - they painted volumptuous women with curves and seductive pouts!!!!!

We go through enough without beating ourselves with what others have said or thought of us. When i was teaching - if i ever refered to myself as fat my students (secondary school kids) would go MAD!!!!! and tell me off not to but myself down as i was beautiful and gorgeous and do you know what I AM!!!!!!

Sending hugs and fairy dust xx

Yes it is good to be able to share good and bad points on here - but my point is we shouldn't give these ignorant rude people valuable space on here. Would they give us a second thought???? No - so why should we give them air on here.

We are better than these people and lets face it - did the art masters of yesteryear paint these ignorant people???? NO - they painted volumptuous women with curves and seductive pouts!!!!!

We go through enough without beating ourselves with what others have said or thought of us. When i was teaching - if i ever refered to myself as fat my students (secondary school kids) would go MAD!!!!! and tell me off not to but myself down as i was beautiful and gorgeous and do you know what I AM!!!!!!

Sending hugs and fairy dust xx

Having met you I can second that, you are a beautiful person and I agree whole heartedly with what you have said.

xx

I agree with Topsys lovely thoughts but also feel that there are times people need to let off steam here as they have no where else to do it., and it would be unhealthy to build it all up.
This forum is so special with such lovely caring empathic people and we all need each other to talk to whether its good bad or indifferent, so I think we need to allow people to offload here

Jay xx

Back