• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weekly weigh in starts today

Hey Stacey. Missing your posts on here and wondering how you're doing?

Hi all!

Apologies for the radio silence, I'm here and I'm ok! Been off line and unfocused all year really... Life is good, busy and happy! Although as you'll detect from my update I'm feeling a bit flat with health issues...

This week I'm 92kg, that's my weigh in 12kg to go until I'll be at my goal.

Gallbladder

I'm having my gallbladder out next Friday and they're going to try and see what's going on with my stomach at the same time as I'm still puking a little from the kink in it. I've been in A&E a few times lately in crippling pain and as well as the gallbladder I've got acute gastritis so now twice a day on the omeprazole to manage that.

B12 deficiency

So, turns out I was deficient in B12 - my levels were down to 108 which caused major depression, brain fog, fatigue, slurred speech, confusion etc it was horrible to the point where I was in constant tears and really felt like I couldn't continue feeling so horrible. I finally managed to get loading doses of b12 injections from my GP and did 5 in my bum over 10 days and felt immediately better although I got huge sore spots all over my face as a side effect and I'm still struggling with the spots several weeks later. Although I know I need more B12 as the tears are back and brain fog I really don't want more adult acne so any ideas greatly appreciated!

Varicose Veins

Now I know this one will sound crazy but the weight loss actually uncovered some very painful veins running the length of my right leg from groin to below my knee - it had 4 branches of rogue veins off it and I had it stripped under general at Easter - most painful surgery I've ever had! It was horrific... Anyway, the pain went away for a couple of months but now it's back but I'm so freaked out by the pain I'm not sure what to do, maybe I'll see how long I can cope with the throbbing for and get surgery next Friday out the way before I follow up with vascular surgeon.

Love life

Well, you may remember back late last year I met someone new and I'm pleased to update he's not so new now! He's still here and we are very much in love. His name is Rob and he's super attentive, supportive, intelligent, caring,loving, funny, adventurous and earlier this week referred to me as his life partner! We've booked flights to go to New Zealand for a month at Christmas to stay with my family who he's never met (!!!) and dependent on surgery next Friday there's a plan to pop over to Norway for me to meet his family next month. We went to Paris a couple of weeks ago for a weekend and it was the most lovely time I've ever had :) we're currently planning on moving in together, just waiting for his lease to end in Sept.

Hmmm... That's all I'm up for writing now, I'm on the iPad and it's annoying to type on but I plan to be active again and look forward to catching up with you all... I'll also post some new pics shortly

Thanks for checking in and getting me back into the support network I really need.

Stacey Xx

Good to hear you are in love!

Sorry you are having health issues though! Hope they fix you soon!

Really good to see your update Stacey. Sorry to hear about the gallbladder and b12 problems. Sounds really rough.

Varicose veins I can sympathise. Have had two ops at age 23 and 33. Now I'm 43 and completely riddled again. They're such a pain both visibly and pain wise, so really feel for you. I asked my GP about them last year and was basically told I can whistle for anything on the NHS. :-(. Hoping you have more luck.

Great to hear the love life is great. Xx

Last edited:
Hey! Great to hear from you again girl!!!

Sorry to hear of the lows....but brilliant news on the live life front. Can't wait to see your photos

Stay with us xxxx

Back