• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weird things you get excited by..............

Meggie

............this week I managed to get into "normal" size knee-high boots. I HAD to buy them and actually hugged them in the shop!!!! Now I just need lots of dresses and skirts to go with them!!!

Also, this week I managed to fit into a size 16 dress from Topshop. I was absolutely giddy!!! And HAD to buy it cos it was so pretty and actually fitted!!!! I've never been able to buy anything from Topshop so that was one of my goals!!!

Anything weird you get/got excited by?!?

Well, Im on the milk diet starting from today so I actually got excited when I found out I could have a smoothie made with strawberrys and yoghurt with milk and ice :D How sad is that lol............congrats on your boots and dress, size 16 .....WOW........well done :D x

I got very excited today buying a size 22 dress from Asda because it's not in the 'fat lady' range!

Haha I got excited by both of those things too!!! I never thought I'd see a size 16 again!! And actually had hear palpitations when I went into Topshop. How sad is that!!!!

Haha I got excited by both of those things too!!! I never thought I'd see a size 16 again!! And actually had hear palpitations when I went into Topshop. How sad is that!!!!

No I can totally imagine! Not sad at all! I will need someone to hold my hand when I step into that type of shop, but it won't be for a while yet.

Haha I was convinced it wouldn't fit!!! I think I'm still in shock!!! Even now, when I go shopping I automatically go to the plus-size sections and into Evans!!!

Evans will go bankrupt with us lot all migrating to smaller sizes :D

LOL and good riddance to them after they abandoned me in Harrogate!

Haha aye maybe. Maybe they should start making sexier clothes and they'll be ok. Their clothes are fine but bloody expensive for what they are!!!!

I'm so with you on this! I've bought two pairs so far this month.
The other thing I've been excited about is normal sized tights! So many colours and patterns to choose from and no second mortgage needed to pay for them!
:)

Wellington boots!!! lol My calves have always been too fat for most boots and my feet were very fat and so were my ankles and if you have ever looked at wellington boots they taper in at the ankle and arent great for fat calves. I was in Asda a week or so ago and said to my niece "come on honey, Im going to try these wellies on" and got these lovely red ones with white polker dots on them, pulled them on and OH MY LORDY LOO....THEY FIT!!! they went up over my calves to my knees, fit my feet properley and fit on my ankles too, I was giddy as a school girl and my niece found that amusing. I didnt buy them because, well, I just didnt lol but when we caught back up with my sister my niece told her how happy I was lol
So yep, wellington boots.
I also love the regular tights thing too and being able to wear dresses. I also loved it when I did my wardrobe out the other day and had a coathanger in one hand from evans with a 28 tag on it and in the other hand was a more recent 14 hanger, that quite tickled me, Im actually a 12 in most things now so that made me even happier, but those coathangers did amuse me lol
Easily crossing my legs still makes me giggle inside...getting in the bath and laying back and the water covering me completely...my tummy used to poke out and no matter how deep it would be it never covered me, it does now, that and sitting there and there being bags of space either side of me instead of a dam of water behing my hippo hips!!!
And not to lower the tone here...but...being able to go on top...*cough cough* ;).
Steph xx

hahahahahahahhahahaha dotty ta the milkshake!!! thats fab news about the boots! and the dress from topshop!!! wow eeee i could all but dream buying stuff in there well done you! you ve done fab xxx

Evans will go bankrupt with us lot all migrating to smaller sizes :D
Good, the rob dogs! They are so expensive, and they know they can get away with it too!

i have never bought from asda before, and yesterday i bought a size 24 pair of jeans, and had to take them back and get a 22, i couldnt believe it! But i also tried a lovely military jacket on in a 24 and it wouldnt fit properly.........hey ho

Ah, bless you Meggie - I can just imagine you in the shop hugging those boots, did anyone see you?

Top Shop clothes are cool aren't the, no wonder you are happy, well done! x

You are not sad at all Meggie i really get that magic feeling you had its so so good. You go girl and get all those skirts and dresses the high street is your oyster now! Talking about Evans my 14 year old daughter and I were out shopping on Sunday and we passed Evans and straight away she said "mum it's so good you don't have to shop in Evans cause they are too big for you now, lets go to Primark" bless her it just sounded so good to hear it said out loud! Meggie we want to see a pic of you and your new outfit complete with the boots xx

i have never bought from asda before, and yesterday i bought a size 24 pair of jeans, and had to take them back and get a 22, i couldnt believe it! But i also tried a lovely military jacket on in a 24 and it wouldnt fit properly.........hey ho

Asda is a funny old one, some things fit lovely and others you have to go a size or two bigger for the right fit, its stupid.
Steph xx

ohhh I am longing to be able to get "normal" fit clothes and for them to feel comfortable without struggling to get them on .....

Back