• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a difference a year makes!

Lippyloirston

It's just over a year since I made my life changing decision.

We were on holiday in Amsterdam with friends, and I'd had to ask for the extender seat belt, tried to fit my large body into (at the time) a small seat and try to stop myself infringing onto my neighbours seat. Something clicked, enough was enough, and I decided I was worth the investment into my own health.

When we got back I contacted my local private hospital and started the process. Obviously I wanted the operation immediately but my BMI was over 50 and the surgeon wanted me to reduce it for both safety reasons and it would cost me 1K less :). Plus we had a cruise booked for September and he didn't want to operate till after the holiday so I could recover at home. Really didn't want to wait that long, but so glad I did.

So on 1 October 2013 went in for my bypass. Had managed to lose a bit beforehand, and was so excited to change my life.

Sometimes I have had difficulties physically dealing with my bypass. Pain after eating, sickness and dumping. It's definitely not an easy option in many ways, but through it all I have never regretted my decision.

Just back from a girls holiday (5 days NYC/5 days Miami) and there is no way I could have enjoyed this holiday at my previous weight and fitness level. I kept up with my 'normal' sized friends, and didn't notice any pitying/disgusted looks from strangers. Even allowed myself to be photographed in a swimsuit - :banana dancer:shocking!

Now, for all you folk sitting on the fence about bariatic surgery, as I said it's not any easy option or a cheap one! However, it's given me my life back! I love the me that's emerged from all that unhappiness and lumbering big body! Still got a bit to go but so happy with the new and improved me lol.

Good luck to anyone considering this type of surgery, it's amazing what a difference a year can make!

PS just going to take my puppy out for a walk/run....... Xxxx

I agree with all the above :)

What a fantastic post. So glad for you xx

Back