• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what can I expect from my sleep apnoea test?

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
hiya everyone, I have my sleep apnoea test tomorrow and have no idea what to expect, any ideas? :) xxx

I had one done last week, it was ok .
A little strange trying to sleep which is the whole point !
Basically I had a fabric belt with a small recording device attached to it with 3 wires one taped near heart one on tummy and one on arm, also a thin nasal loop and something attached to a finger to record pulse (dont know what its called sorry )

It turned its self on at 10pm and off at 7am

Hope that helped !

I had one done last week, it was ok .
A little strange trying to sleep which is the whole point !
Basically I had a fabric belt with a small recording device attached to it with 3 wires one taped near heart one on tummy and one on arm, also a thin nasal loop and something attached to a finger to record pulse (dont know what its called sorry )

It turned its self on at 10pm and off at 7am

Hope that helped !
thanks honey, did u have to stay there?

Are you staying in hospital over night or at home? I had mine at home, all I had to do was wear a watch type thing and a pulse oximeter on your finger. I hope you get the result you want. Hugs xx

Are you staying in hospital over night or at home? I had mine at home, all I had to do was wear a watch type thing and a pulse oximeter on your finger. I hope you get the result you want. Hugs xx
well they havent said to stay in so im guessing its at home lol

I just put it on and went to sleep, easy. I never ever got the results though!! lol. xx

i had mine at Charing Cross Hospital. I had to get there at 7.30 pm after i had dinner.... then when i was there they tookk my blood pressure, then i had to get into my pyjamas. They then attached a small monitor underneath my breast attached with a strap, then they attached another one to my arm, and a air tube on my nose... just goes up your nose about half a centimeter. then i was left in the room to go to sleep whatever time i wanted... i took a couple of magazines with me... then i went to sleep and at 7.30 they wake you up and take all the stuff off you... an hour later after you have had a shower and brekkie, they bring you your results.... it was a nice night out lol xx
Nothing whatsoever to worry about xx

OMG! ive just read the letter again (properly) and it says that due to the nature of the appointment it is ESSENTIAL that i take my partner with me :confused:

Does it say partner or someone? Guess they may have questions re whether you snore or not so maybe one of your neighbours would do :eek::eek: Sorry x
Could L-J go with you? Hope it goes well, babe xx :)

Does it say partner or someone? Guess they may have questions re whether you snore or not so maybe one of your neighbours would do :eek::eek: Sorry x
Could L-J go with you? Hope it goes well, babe xx :)
hahahahaha what u like?

no, it says exactly "Due to the nature of this appointment, its is ESSENTIAL that your partner accompanies you" it says that bit in caps, blimey lol

when i went for my appointment the only thing they said about a partner was someone else to drive home as equipment not good for public transport also quite awkward with seatbelt

hahahahaha what u like?

no, it says exactly "Due to the nature of this appointment, its is ESSENTIAL that your partner accompanies you" it says that bit in caps, blimey lol

Ooops, better ring them in the morning to check why. Don't panic, lovely, sure you are not the only single person in Basildon :) Good job it's an afternoon appointment so there is time to check. mwah xxx :):)

when i went for my appointment the only thing they said about a partner was someone else to drive home as equipment not good for public transport also quite awkward with seatbelt
wouldnt they just say make sure you come in a car? lol

Ooops, better ring them in the morning to check why. Don't panic, lovely, sure you are not the only single person in Basildon :) Good job it's an afternoon appointment so there is time to check. mwah xxx :):)
i'll phone and check in the morning, then try like mad to get a mate to come hahahahaha, im a twat!!! :D

Back