• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's official, I have sleep apnoea :D

That's true I had surgery 3 yrs ago and still need it also a friend at work has it and he is only about 10 stone skinny person but had it all his life too

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Errrrr ... could be a problem here, lol :eek::eek::eek: xxx

Bahahaha cheeky! :D xxx

from me phone :D

Caren im so flippin glad you are on the way now and lets hope once you have had the op your s/a stops.
I honestly can not think of anyone who deserves this op as much as you do, you give so much suport to all on here and have had the worst time getting your funding so im keeping it crossed for a fast and smooth Journey for a special person xxxxxxxxxx
awww thank you so much, its so nice of you to say that, but i do like to support others :) xxx

Caren has gone to put this to the test, lol ... hope she gets a good nights sleep after the giddy day she has had :):) xxx
ermm . . . cant sleep :D hahaha xxx

got the results of my sleep apnoea test today, and I have it, bring on the referral :D hahahaha on a serious note, i will be so glad to feel better, and i cant wait to get my sexy mask :D hahaha :) xxx

Whit Whoo :p

xx

Caren im so flippin glad you are on the way now and lets hope once you have had the op your s/a stops.
I honestly can not think of anyone who deserves this op as much as you do, you give so much suport to all on here and have had the worst time getting your funding so im keeping it crossed for a fast and smooth Journey for a special person xxxxxxxxxx

I Concur...What an absolute diamond..I wish you well hun...

Take Care

Andy x

ohh I see some of you say keep the machine off he floor, I do get some rain at times and was told to keep it on the floor so the water tank is lower than the mask...is this wrong?

aww caren...when i started to read this i had mixed emotions....sad that you have it, happy its a co morbiditi...

i do hope this helps your plight, i also hope i dont have to be tested for it :( xx

As soon as I was diagnosed with SA I was given my cpap. I just phoned the DVLA they sent me a form out and I dinthave to stop driving at all. They will write to your doctor to check you are using the machine, but you should e able to start driving again as soon as you receive it, because you are managing the SA.

aww caren...when i started to read this i had mixed emotions....sad that you have it, happy its a co morbiditi...

i do hope this helps your plight, i also hope i dont have to be tested for it :( xx
best to find out if you have it before the op honey, its dangerous to have it untreated and go ahead with surgery xxx

As soon as I was diagnosed with SA I was given my cpap. I just phoned the DVLA they sent me a form out and I dinthave to stop driving at all. They will write to your doctor to check you are using the machine, but you should e able to start driving again as soon as you receive it, because you are managing the SA.
oh thats great news!!! thanks for that peachie :) xxx

Thanks peachie have been panicing about it !

There's lots of different CPAP masks to try out, so if you dont get on with whatever they give you first of all, ask to try something different. I used to have a full face mask, but really didnt get on with that, then tried a nasal mask, also not right for me, so I now use nasal pillows, which are much lighter and less obtrusive.

Regarding the rainout from hoses - as a camper I had a massive problem when camping, when cold air caused condensation to drip down my hose, so I made a fleece tube cover to insulate it, and found that helps quite a bit. I also found tucking the excess hose in my sleeping bag helped, as it stayed warmer!

How did I miss this Caren. That's fab, well I mean fab because it will get you your op hopefully. Not fab that you have sleep apnea of course if you know what I mean. :)

Kate x
Thanks Kate, i know what you mean :) hopefully it will be the start for me, and im so pleased you're doing so well :) xxx

ohh I see some of you say keep the machine off he floor, I do get some rain at times and was told to keep it on the floor so the water tank is lower than the mask...is this wrong?
I was told the same Oonion. Keep it on the floor so any condensation runs back down the tube into the chamber rather than into the mask

now that i know i have it, i can tell when its woken me up, i had a nap this afternoon and woken up making noises, its scared me :(

now that i know i have it, i can tell when its woken me up, i had a nap this afternoon and woken up making noises, its scared me :(

Don't be scared, petal :wave_cry: You must have had it a while & are here to tell the tale :) it's only the knowledge that is making you afraid today where you weren't a few days ago :sigh: Only 2 more sleeps (well maybe 5 or 6 in your case, lol) until you get your cpap thingy :D:D xxx mwah

Back