• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What can I have instead of choc and crap when I get a craving??

strawberry twig

Is a big loser ;)
Hi

Does anyone have any idea's of what to have when I crave sweets stuff?? What takes the urgency for choc/sugar away post op thats not too bad to eat????

Any idea's would be appreciated.

I dont get bad sweet cravings but there are occassions when I just fancy a little bit of something sweet and I always go to fruit first, a small portion of grapes really hits the spot but my personal favourite is a nice juicy orange, I have naval oranges from Asda and I adore them. Of course if you are a chocolate fan you could opt for a low sugar/low fat hot chocolate, cadbury ones are lovely and really quite sweet. I dont have chocolate etc post op except from the occassional hot chocolate and this really is every once in a while as I find it just a little bit too sweet.
I would definately try to sort the craving out with fruit first though as that is much healthier.
Steph xx

Sugar free jelly or sugar free boiled sweets I am a pre op bander on the liver shrinking diet but if I need something I have chupa chups cremosa sugar free lollipops 25 cals, 0g sugar, 0.2g sat fat

I have a new Mullerlight 'chocolate with cherry' or 'chocolate with orange' yoghurts, they taste as though they should be bad for you! I also have an Options hot chocolate with a rich tea bikkie dipped in. A handful of raisins, spoon of peanut butter or I suppose you could have fruit if you really have to!;)

I have Atkins Advantage bars in the cupboard for times when I either need a choccy taste or a quick bite

They have no sugar and have 18-20g protein per bar

I find them really useful :)

Hiya s/t I have terrible bouts of sugar cravings, I have hot chocolate at hand, w/w chocolate mous`e, grapes, s/f sweets, or the one that does it big time is organic toasted coconut its the type you use as a topping on cakes , Ice cream ect, I just have a pinch and that does it for me LOL a big bag from the health shop is about £1.19 and its still nearly a full bag and thats since september last year. :553: Gail x

SF custard, angel delight, ice cream, grapes etc:p:p:p

I haven't had surgery yet but am a diet but got big cravings for choccy today. I also happen to be somewhat slow in the bowel department. I bought a bag of dried prunes today and had one about half an hour ago and the sugar craving is gone! Didn't expect it to have that effect but am pleased. Just need to find out how many calories there are per prune now!

A bag of frozen mix fruit - full of grapes, orange segments, melon balls, mango, kiwi, pear - I eat them frozen so they last longer (still got loads in the freezer from trying to give up smoking)

i have options white hot choc drink, thats my treat but i do ocasionaly have a bit of choc if theres some in but only a tiny bit. i luv rocky bars,the red ones but have been very good asnd have not had one but i must admit ive been very tempted., but ive dumped once and ive no wish to repeat the experiance........................kath x

Low fat choc drinks are good but I now find them too sweet. If you try the sugar free sweets dont have too many as they can give you a loose tummy. I recently have found mini gingerbread men good for the PMT sugar cravings as they dont make me dump and last a while.

i have the pre packed in a cup malteaser drinks got them from poundland lol 8 in a pack, really nice and not to sweet, i add half water and half milk xx

SF choc for me, just 2-3 squares with a tea or coffee always does it for me :) x

I too like s/f choc, Sainsburys or Thorntons is the best I've found so far. Just a square is enough for me. Also Cadbury Hightlights choc drink with a rich tea biccie, or a Mini Mik ice lolly. Blueberries are the healthiest thing I go for when I need a sweet fix, but sometimes they just don't quite hit the spot. ;)

Cuppa xx

Are you a dumper Tammy? I'm not and when I get a craving for chocolate (which isnt often by the way) then the only thing that takes away the craving is chocolate.

I would never eat it in the quantities I did pre op, and although I havent dumped yet, just the fear of it is enough to stop me having too much. A mini treat sized choc is enough for me and hits the spot when nothing else will do.

Back