• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you eat today SLEEVIES?

Tracey37 said:
I am 9days post op

Today I had
Breakfast. 4tablesoons runny weetabix
Snack 1/4 pot natural yogurt
Lunch. Mince in gravy with veg 5 tablespoons (liquid down )
Dinner. 5tablesppons homemade soup

Hi Tracey,
Thanks for this im really struggling to work out when I've ate enough as I haven't worked out a full feeling yet xx

Hi Tracey,
Thanks for this im really struggling to work out when I've ate enough as I haven't worked out a full feeling yet xx

I find exactly the same, then around an hour later my stomach feels all bloated. I tend to just eat what portion size the hospital recommended. All hospitals are different and recommended different things.

Today I'm having
Breakfast= oops missed due to sister crashing car and me having to pick up kids for her
Dinner= 1 scrambled egg and beans
Tea= home made soup
And if Iv got time for a snack 2 crackers with low fat soft cheese, will also try and have cup of hot milk for extra protein. X

HoPe*87* said:
Hi Tracey,

The full feeling I get is under my breast bone , I have 4/5tablespoons and I am full , I been making lost of home made soup and freezing them , xx
I lost 2stone 16lb pre op 9lbs since surgery xx how are you doing Hun xx

Breakfast 1/2 weetabix very runny
Snack 1/4 pot natural yogurt
Lunch bacon and lental veg soup 4tablespoons
Snack. Mildly coffee made with marvel
Dinner. Home made soup. 4tablespoons

DEANO76 said:
I find exactly the same, then around an hour later my stomach feels all bloated. I tend to just eat what portion size the hospital recommended. All hospitals are different and recommended different things.

I have been reading of people eating 4-5 table spoons in my hospital book it says 2-3 tablespoons 4 times a day but I'm tending to struggle to fit that many meals in so just having a few tablespoons which is more than my hospital recommended :(

Tracey37 said:
The full feeling I get is under my breast bone , I have 4/5tablespoons and I am full , I been making lost of home made soup and freezing them , xx
I lost 2stone 16lb pre op 9lbs since surgery xx how are you doing Hun xx

I have been getting pains sometimes when I eat but I think it's just wind pains (wind is killing me) I've mainly been eating soups, porridge, yoghurt etc. I've been trying not to weigh myself but they weighed me the day I was admitted to hospital and I was 16st then I was 15st 1lb the day I was discharged xx

I have been reading of people eating 4-5 table spoons in my hospital book it says 2-3 tablespoons 4 times a day but I'm tending to struggle to fit that many meals in so just having a few tablespoons which is more than my hospital recommended :(

Looking at you surgery date, your only 1 week post op. You should be on fluids not pureed food :confused: If you are struggling you may be moving to fast.

When I was in hospital the next morning a for the five days I was in hospital I was given liquid foods i.e runny ready break , runny yogurt , and soup
And dietician gave m a book to follow this diet for three weeks then to move on purée for 2weeks then soft foods xxx

DEANO76 said:
Looking at you surgery date, your only 1 week post op. You should be on fluids not pureed food :confused: If you are struggling you may be moving to fast.

I was liquids the day and day after surgery then straight on to purée the day after that and got to stay on purée for 4 weeks then move to soft for 2-4 weeks then on to normal. I know it seems fast but that is wot I've been told to do.

Tracey37 said:
When I was in hospital the next morning a for the five days I was in hospital I was given liquid foods i.e runny ready break , runny yogurt , and soup
And dietician gave m a book to follow this diet for three weeks then to move on purée for 2weeks then soft foods xxx

I was given liquidy food in hospital to and I've just keep with that diet. I'm now on purée for 4 weeks then soft for 2-4 weeks then normal xx

HoPe*87* said:
I was liquids the day and day after surgery then straight on to purée the day after that and got to stay on purée for 4 weeks then move to soft for 2-4 weeks then on to normal. I know it seems fast but that is wot I've been told to do.

Same for me with puree. I can try and start solids from 6 weeks next Wednesday :) x

DEANO76 said:
Did they not say if you struggle with pureed stay on fluids longer.

No, I was struggling with purée when in the hospital and they just wanted me to go on with it. They kept me in an extra day but kept me on purée

No, I was struggling with purée when in the hospital and they just wanted me to go on with it. They kept me in an extra day but kept me on purée

All hospitals are different, i guess. Good luck with progressing on pureed food.

Yesterdays food.

Breakfast half a bottle of Chocolate Slimfast,
Snack half a cadburys light chocolate trifle.
Lunch 4 tablespoons of cheesy mash and beans.
Dinner 4 tablespoons of pureed fish in Butter Sauce.

Drink 1 coffee, 1 Ribena light, 1 Powerade zero and 1.5 litres of squash.

Hi all,

Does this sound right for 1 week post op. Bearing in mind that I was asked to go straight on to purée.
Breakfast - half a weetabix (about 4 tablespoons very runny)
Lunch - half a muller corner yoghurt
Tea - homemade soup (chicken and veg Pureed 5 table spoons)
I'm really struggling with fluids tho I've had a milky coffee and nas squash. I always have a milky drink b4 bed to either a light Horlicks or a options hot chocolate.

Any advise wud be great xx

If your on the pureed stage, then yes it sounds fine, i was told as long as it drips off a spoon, yogurt thickness, with no lumps then its fine.

Breakfast readybreak 5tablespoons
Snack 1/2 pot mullier light
Lunch 5tablesoons home made chicken veg soup
Dinner. Home made soup
Snack 1/2pot weight watches yogurt

Milky coffee with marvel
700mls water

Today I had
Breakfast= porridge
Dinner= scrambled egg
Tea= I put colli, broccoli and potato a oven dish and poured Schwartz cheese sauce over baked for over 1 hour topped with cheese and bread crumbs put back in oven for another 20 mins. It is lovely and I have never cooked it before. Next time I might add some smoked fish to it, to make up protein.
Supper= hot milk x

Back