• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you eat today SLEEVIES?

B- porridge
D- 2 cracker breads with margarine, chedds brick, and around 5 mattessons twisted tails which are 100% pork
T- home made burger made with turkey mince, onion and one egg with a little bit cheese on top
S- might have some soup or a milky drink later

I have tried to really up my protein today and have really enjoyed the low fat burger. I'm enjoying solid food so much more and can't wait to try my sausage and bean casserole on Monday :) x

suzie290304 said:
B- porridge
D- 2 cracker breads with margarine, chedds brick, and around 5 mattessons twisted tails which are 100% pork
T- home made burger made with turkey mince, onion and one egg with a little bit cheese on top
S- might have some soup or a milky drink later

I have tried to really up my protein today and have really enjoyed the low fat burger. I'm enjoying solid food so much more and can't wait to try my sausage and bean casserole on Monday :) x

Any ideas I go on sofa food stage on Monday , 3weeks post op how far are you Hun xx

Today wasn't a great day for me eating wise. I'm talking about feeling sick and in pain, not overeating. I had:

B: Fat free peach yogurt 56 calories. 1/2 litre of tea with lemon and ginger.

L: (Sabbath meal): Small amount chopped chicken liver.
Tiny amount Sabbath stew cooked till gloopy in slow cooker but it totally disagreed with me. In pain and feeling sick all afternoon. Warm water sipped all afternoon. Cup of tea at daughter's house.

S: Few nuts and raisins. 1/2 bowl of home made veg soup with grated cheese. 1/2 low fat chocolate pudding.

1/2 litre tea as above.

NB: whenever I have tea it is without milk and with fresh lemon and ginger.

Am 4 months

Breakfast - rice crispies and crumpet
Lunch - chicken in korma sauce
Tea - fillet steak and musht peas

Had pack pom bears crisps to, well it is sat night

Tracey37 said:
Any ideas I go on sofa food stage on Monday , 3weeks post op how far are you Hun xx

Hi I'm now 6 weeks post op :) so much easier planning meals now. On soft stage I was allowed melts crackers with low fat soft cheese, then once ok with this moved onto normal crackers, cheese omelette or scrambled egg, maybe make your own tuna fishcake with bread crumbs (will be trying this one next week) it's soft enough for soft stage :) stew, casserole I looked at all the Schwartz packets to get some great meals (slow cooker sausage and bean casserole is Schwartz). Home made soup made with ham shank, grated carrot and turnip, chopped onion and leak, with split peas, barley and lentils (it's lovely and you can chew rather than drink). Hot pot, cod in butter sauce. I much preferred to cook a nice meal in the slow cooker or pan then get it from a jar as it was full of fat yuk lol. It last for a few days and freeze the rest so you can get loads of meals. Not long now and you will start solids :) I have been so lucky and have only had one bad experience with a meat ball but have not been sick yet and I am able to manage solid protein. How are you doing with your sleeve ? X

BEXS99 said:
Am 4 months

Breakfast - rice crispies and crumpet
Lunch - chicken in korma sauce
Tea - fillet steak and musht peas

Had pack pom bears crisps to, well it is sat night

Hi bex could I ask when did you try your first crumpet, bread and wrap. Which make is best to start with (I so miss it) thanks x x c

My surgeon said whatever food I was still having trouble with after 16 months post op, I would be probably stuck with never having again for life.

Yesterday,

breakfast milkshake
lunch tuna with chilli sauce
dinner, enchiladas and garlic bread.

Today

Breakfast milkshake
lunch half a slice of carrot cake
dinner half a tescos spaghetti bolognese ready meal.

Hi I'm now 6 weeks post op :) so much easier planning meals now. On soft stage I was allowed melts crackers with low fat soft cheese, then once ok with this moved onto normal crackers, cheese omelette or scrambled egg, maybe make your own tuna fishcake with bread crumbs (will be trying this one next week) it's soft enough for soft stage :) stew, casserole I looked at all the Schwartz packets to get some great meals (slow cooker sausage and bean casserole is Schwartz). Home made soup made with ham shank, grated carrot and turnip, chopped onion and leak, with split peas, barley and lentils (it's lovely and you can chew rather than drink). Hot pot, cod in butter sauce. I much preferred to cook a nice meal in the slow cooker or pan then get it from a jar as it was full of fat yuk lol. It last for a few days and freeze the rest so you can get loads of meals. Not long now and you will start solids :) I have been so lucky and have only had one bad experience with a meat ball but have not been sick yet and I am able to manage solid protein. How are you doing with your sleeve ? X

i have had a lot of swelling at top of my sleeve had two baurim xrays so far been on liquid foods for three weeks only managed to eat about 4/5 tablespoons at each time , i so looking forward to the soft stage , i lost 16lbs since surgery and 16lbs post op , but worried not lost any weight this week , how are you doing hun xx

1/4 weetabix
home made bacon veg soup 5tablespoons
laughing cow
milky coffee with marvel
qourn mince with veg and gravy 5 tablesoons

mullier light yogurt

2 ltrs NAS

B- 1/4 weetabix
S- laughing cow 1x Melba toast
L- homemade soup 5tablespoons
D- 2tablespoon baked beans 1 spoon of carrot and sweede mash
S- natural yogurt small pot

2ltrs fluids

Usual muesli with blueberries.

Experimented with some home made sweet and sour cabbage and leeks for lunch. Had a bit of pain but manageable. I avoided the broccoli that was also in the mix. One and a half crispbreads with aubergine spread.

Fish: talpia (I forget the name). Tiny bit of hubby's baked potato. Salad.

Late night: yogurt.

Breakfast yoghurt
lunch half a spag bowl ready meal
Dinner the insides of 2 lincolnshire sausages and potatoes done in the actifry, i really did struggle with the sausages (Pains in the chest, wanting to be sick, stomach cramps not a nice feeling at all) i will try them again in a month and see how i get on.

Hi bex could I ask when did you try your first crumpet, bread and wrap. Which make is best to start with (I so miss it) thanks x x c

Hiya I was about 12 weeks hun, did try around 10 but went down like a brick, have tiny bit of bread, but am not a fan. x

B- 1/2 weetabix
L- 3 melbia toast , 2tablespoons red salmon with a little mayo light to make it soft .
S- milky coffee
D- will have turkey mince with veg about 5 tablespoons

Will have a yogurt for snack

1 1/2 ltrs of fluids so far

Hi Ruthie
Joined this forum recently - it's Kim from the other forum. How goes it? My op is on Saturday eeeeeek! You are doing so well.
Kx

Hiya Kim; not sure I know your screen name on the other forum? Nice to see you here anyway!

Back