• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you all do?

I run a small cafe in a centre for adults with learning disabilities! Spend all day cooking lots of lovely homemade soups etc using fresh veg from our greenhouses!
However..... I also have to bake yummy cakes and clotted cream teas!!
Coping better than I thought but sometimes the smell of baking baguettes and cakes drives me crazy!!

Im a Midwife , prior to this I was a Nurse I also spend my days off looking after my beautiful 3 daughters and my very handsome 3 year old son , so overall very very busy!!!!!

Helen...:jelous: I always wanted to be a midwife, but because I was too young to go straight into nursing when I left school, I ended up in the Civil Service and stayed for 26 years....sadly am too old for it now :sigh:

i used to be a school matron upto having my own son then became a contract foster carer for difficult to place teenagers. 12 years ago i had a young man come to live with me who was severly autistic he was with me for 5 years. whilst he was with me i started doing short break care for children with disabilities and have had another young lad who was with me full time for 9 years upto october who was also severly autistic. since january i am now a full time short break carer for children with disabilities and also do a lot of training for social services be it social workers, managers , family support worker or foster carers. I love my job and the families whos children i get to care for.
carole

wooow, reading all that was ace, how interesting. I love my job, I work for Learn Direct, Red Rose Trianing, I an their administration clerk for the Learn Direct side of the company. I really enjoy my work, I meet some really nice people. I have just completed and passed my level 2 maths and I am hopeing to pass and complete my english very soon. This thread is realy interesting x

hi to you all can i firstly apoligise to the 2 ladys i was talking to on chat last night 31/7/09 about 10.30pm,as my pc crashed so sorry and was not being ignorant.Anyway iv been butcher all my life and had shops and lorrys and do markets--shop side died so carried on with markets.chris195

Back