• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive been refused

when they wrote to the doctor they gave no reason so he is having to write again to find out the reasons, as my doctor seems to think i fit the criteria.one of my problems i have is that i dont have any disabilities or health issues apart from the obvious which is why i think they have said no.

so sorry that they have refused your funding but please, please dont give up your fight they must give you a reason why they have refused and then take it from there to appeal, if you need any help with this give me a shout.
take care and dont let them get you down. xx

It's worth mentioning that your PCT's criteria may be different to what your GP is looking at. My GP went by the NICE guidelines, not the local PCT criteria. Do you know what PCT you are under and what your BMI is?

I got refused because my BMI wasn't high enough when I went to the hospital for first appointment with consultant, and that's the BMI that was used when they applied for funding. It was just below the criteria. When I went to get weighed at the doctors in order to put in a fresh appeal (first appeal was refused, they said I needed to go and get weighed again), my BMI was actually over the criteria, so I got funding.

You can contact the PCT yourself - phone and ask for the commissioning team. You are entirely within your rights to get this information. Then you can come back here and tell us what the refusal was about and we can all help you pull together an appeal.

gutted for you but please dont give up im sure thats what there hoping for keep your chin up and APPEAL take care an good luck :hug99:

so sorry to hear that but you sound as though you have a supportive GP. Dont loose heart wait and see what their reasons behind refusing you and then with support from people on here who have gone through the appeals process you will turn their desion around.
hc

So sorry to hear this....But if you meet the criteria then you have to appeal and you surely have a right to be given a reason.

Good luck and keep trying.

xXx

thankyou everyone you all seem so strong which i hope i become i need to fight this once and for all i have been fobbed of for too many years.
as soon as i know the reason for refusual i will give you all a shout for the next step to take
best wishes and good health to all.....

Back