• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive been refused

kphorrox

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:i went to the doctors today for what they told me a routine check up to be told..
he had wrote to the pct for funding and they have wrote back saying no.
no reasons were given he said i meet the criteria according to the standards.
my doctor is now going to write again asking why.....
any advice???:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

So sorry to hear that Kerry, you can appeal if you want to.
Do you fit the criteria? They are very strict for e.g you can't just have a high BMI, and you must have tried everything to lose weight before they will consider.
My doctor put me in but I knew I would be refused and sure enough I was...gone private now.
Don't lose hope xx

My doctor did aplie for my funding he just refered me to the hospital and they applied Must be differant in each area Sorry you were refused but keep you chin up and fight the dessission. Hope it works out

im so sorry you were refused... by dr wouldnt even refer me :|
i hope you get your answers soon.

.x.

I'm am so sorry to hear that you have been refused, You must feel gutted, BUT DON'T give up, Fight it, I am sure you will get some answers soon, can you appeal against their dessision? Keep your chin up and don't be too disheartened, (((BIG HUGS))) X

Hi hun I`m so sorry to hear your bad news . But ask can he send you to the (I HATE THIS WORD BUT ) obese clinic thats what I did and I had to go 72 miles to it in Belfast . But as soon as I seen the consultant there he told me he would put my name forward for it . I know a girl from Luton and she was the same but now shes getting seen in Charing Cross hospital London and it looks good for her as well .
Good luck and take care . Keep in touch hun fingers cross for you .
MARGARET XX

im so sorry to hear you have been refused funding, fingers crossed the gp can change there minds xx

People have been refused and then appealed. The important thing to do is find out exactly what the qualifying criteria is for your PCT and then if you wish to pursue appeal, write to the PCT yourself, with any supporting documentation etc. from your GP.

I am sure your fellow Minis will help with the wording. :hug99:

my doctor said when he looked into it he says i meet all the criteria. he is also reffering me to a weight managment clinic in salford..anyone been?? how am i meant to keep getting there with work and young children??

Hi Kerry, Gutted for you sweetheart BUT its not the end. You have to fight this and do whatever the Doctor puts in front of you. This way you will be showing that you are willing to go down every avenue to try and lose the weight and then there will be no denying that you're comitted. See what reasons they gave for refusing because surely you meet the criteria or your gp would'nt have refered you in the first place if you did'nt. Keep your chin up and use the upset you feel now as strength to fight for what you want. Do not give up!!!

hi im really gutted for you,all i can say is appeal and just keep fighting them its not fair others sail through and other pcts just dont want to budge good luck keep us posted.

sarah xx

So sorry this has happened to you especially as you meet the criteria. You do need to find out the reasons behind this decision - you can't give up your dream. Sending hugs with fairy dust to lift you spirits x

I was turned down the first time my GP applied, despite the consultant and surgeon agreeing it was the best way forward. I got as much evidence about different methods Ihad tried and the consultant referred me for sleep tests, once they confirmed I had sleep apnea I got the funding...keep on trying..xx

Sorry about your news and that you are so upset and I understand why!!
Try and keep focused and when you know the reasons why you have been denied funding then you have something to work with.
Chin up .........shoulders back........keep your goal in sight xxx

dont give up hun .... you can also get on to you pct your self and ask what the reasons where ...

if you meet the guidelines then push push push .. you will get there in the end .. good luck xx

i know this has been going round and round in circles and when the doctor called to say he had reffered me i hope my hopes up to be knocked down again...it is so upsetting

Back