• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What does Mr Ammori recommend

hopelesscase

A few of questions for Mr Ammori's Fan club.:D
1, What pre op diet does he like you to follow
2, how long were you in hospital
3, was it private or nhs
4, what post op diet. how long on fluids, pureed and then mush.
5,does he remove the gal bladder
6' how many scars and how big.
probably think of a loads more as the day goes on.

I cant believe how my mindset has changed now that the surgeon has changed and knowing that all who have had the pleasure of going under his knife speak so highly of him.

thanks for sharing
HC

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi HC, mr ammori uses a milk based pre op diet. i have 5 small scars on the top of my tummy. post op fluids for 2 weeks then add a bit of mush. he didn't remove my gal bladder.
I was in hospital overnight and din't need HDU bed.
I had mine done NHS at manchester Royal Infirmary. all in all a positive experience x

Silversurfer

In for 2 nights, had a low cal liquid diet pre for 5 days, 5 tiny scars, i went private and they only remove the gall bladder if it looks lik eit may be a problem in the future, if the gall bladder leaks when removed they then cant do the bypass for about 2 weeks, so its only taken if its bad and really needs to come out.

R

charliegirl

His secretary told me he has different diets and the one he has given me is not the milk based one it just looks low calorie.

hopelesscase

thanks for that info. i dont have a gall bladder to remove but was hoping for one less scar lol
But never mind. I quite fancy the milk diet as i love milk so dont think it will be a problem. My sister have been trying out some new soup recipies so hope my tastes dont change too much. She is coeliac and stick thin so we have been trying ones we can both eat.
cg just noticed you have yr watsit set to sick whats up?

charliegirl

HC I get lots of headaches wake with them each morning and they last for ages which is the reason I hope I have sleep apnea as that will explain the reasons I get them and weight loss will cure them otherwise I will be stuck with them forever:cry:

hopelesscase

HC I get lots of headaches wake with them each morning and they last for ages which is the reason I hope I have sleep apnea as that will explain the reasons I get them and weight loss will cure them otherwise I will be stuck with them forever:cry:

if it isnt sleep apniais it possiable that they could be because of yr blood presure and possiabley the medication you have to take for it. Hopefully once you have yr bypass they will subside and you can live life to the full. really sorry if i upset you the other day didnt mean too. you never know at this ratr we could end up in the same ward at the same time. hope you have a better day tomorrow
hc

charliegirl

Thanks HC they have ruled out it being connected to my blood pressure I waste so many days and when I am at work and get one its hell on earth. I think you will get your op way ahead of me and I also think I will be in a different hospital I think I will be in the alexandria but you never know. If it gets too near christmas my work will not be happy to let me have time off although they wont be able to stop me I dont really want to leave them in the lurch over christmas as it means someone who should be off will get called in and I dont want to ruin anyone elses christmas...my head is starting to lift now and I really hope it wont be there in the morning lol..

Thaialina

Hi HC,
I went private at Spire Hospitalin Manchester with Mr Ammori. I was on the pre op diet for a week. Mine was basically low fat andlow carb. I had key hole surgery and have 5 scars, which are a lot smaller than others I've seen after the bypass. He told me that he doesn't remove gall bladders unless there is a gall bladder problem pre op. I stayed in hospital for 2 nights. Mr Ammori usually has people stay for one night, but as I was nauseous due to the morphene and didn't get much sleep the first night I opted to stay for a second night.