• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What has made me dump??

happy days

When I got to bed last night I started to get terrible heavy pain across my chest, thought it was trapped wind so off I went for the peppermint. Went on for about twenty mins, started to panic a bit thinking just my look lose weight then hav a heart attack. The next stage I felt my cheeks starting to flush then within seconds I was red hot and sweating everywhere this lasted about 5 mins then back to the chest pain. Altogether about 1 hour. Not really sure what caused it I had 3 sugar free chews which say 0.05 sugar for every 4 sweets and I had two tramodol painkillers which I havnt used for months so don't know which may hav caused that.

Hi Happy Days,

I can say without a doubt it was your tramadol!!!! I am allergic to tramadol and the syptoms you described sound very much like I reacted when I first took tramadol. It was how I felt when I was given it by mistake a week after my bypass after being re-admitted due to dehydration. My advice..... dont take any more but go back to your GP and explain your reaction. Either your GP will change your pain meds and advise not to take them or, advise that it is just your bodies way now that you have had surgery. Either way you will know for certain. Hope you are ok now with little or no after effects. Take care xx

My goodness Happy days , That sounds awful , you poor thing. I take eight Tramadol a day , and luckily i've never had that experience. I hope you can get your meds changed and that you have an efficient pain management team.

I must say , if you ever think you are having a heart attack, please don't wait, get yourself to a & e, they wont mind if its just heartburn or wind. I speak from heartbreaking experience, I lost my best friend two years ago, because she didn't want to put anyone out... please don't hesitate.

Good luck with your meds etc xx

Hi guys
I used to use tramadol alot before my op for joint pain and was allways fine. I used it last nite for toothache cos nothing else was touching it so cud be my pouch now can't handle something that strong. Scary experience thou x

I lived on di-hydra-codeine pre-op but am now allergic to all forms of codeine, plus penicillin which again I was fine with pre-op. We've had our insides re-plumbed and sometimes how our body deals with medications changes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

shelbell said:
I lived on di-hydra-codeine pre-op but am now allergic to all forms of codeine, plus penicillin which again I was fine with pre-op. We've had our insides re-plumbed and sometimes how our body deals with medications changes too.

All things that we never think about. Thought about food changes but not how meds wud effect me. Suppose it's all one big learning curve x

happy days said:
All things that we never think about. Thought about food changes but not how meds wud effect me. Suppose it's all one big learning curve x

I believe that for me having fibromyalgia is also a contributing factor, as it also affects how medicines affect you. But I've had that years before my op so I now the bypass is atleast partly responsible. It's not a big problem, easy to adapt to.

I seem to have a pain under my rib cage right between my boobs but think that this must be something to do with the surgery as I am not consuming that much that I can be dumping this early on and that it just needs time to settle.

Hope things get easier for you. xx

Pain where you described is often wind in the pouch, caused by eating the wrong way. Try taking bites no bigger than a pencil top rubber, chew to liquid before swallowing. Put your fork down between bites. Also next time you get that pain ask someone to rub your back like winding a baby, it really helps.

Pain where you described is often wind in the pouch, caused by eating the wrong way. Try taking bites no bigger than a pencil top rubber, chew to liquid before swallowing. Put your fork down between bites. Also next time you get that pain ask someone to rub your back like winding a baby, it really helps.

Thanks for that. I will certainly ask hubby to rub my back for me. I am only on day 4 post op and on liquids at the moment, but as you say it does sound like wind as I feel like a good burp would do me the world of good. :eek: xx

Back