• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What was really in your hospital bag?

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
What did you really take into Hospital

All

I just wanted to ask what you took into hospital and what did you need/want that you didn't take in.

Thanks

oooh good question nic! Am getting my stuff together now, so will be watching this one! So far have got...

1 pair pjs
2 nighties
pants
2 x new books

Need to get some jogging bottoms and loose t's for after (thanks to Mandy for that tip!)

hi nic im so excited for u hun it wont be long now yipeeeeeeeeeeee lol, well i took condoms a whip strawberries and whipped cream no no scrap that lol, i took 2 pairs of pjs, undies most importantly my mp3 player, undies usual toiletries, a dressing gown and slippers, clothes to go home in, pen and a pad puzzle book lol mobile phone and charger (cuddly toy lol), u wont need much because u wont be in that long its normally about 4 days anyway, some lip balm incase your lips get dry no need for a kitchen sink lol, anyway take care thinking of you xxx

I took 4 pairs of pyjamas! Why, I don't know!!! I was only in 2 days for my bypass. I only wore 1 pair! They need to be bigger than your normal size as your stomach will swell and you don't want anything tight on your tummy after the op.
I took about 5 pairs of knickers, which again, I only used when I was leaving the hospital. I always over prepare for time away from home, you never know what may happen! I guess that shows from all my years in Guides & Rangers!!! Falling in streams etc!!!

I got a size bigger, and the nighties are loose too, so hopefully they'll be fine. we're away in a cottage for a week straight after with all the family (madness I know, long story) so I'll need loads of nighties and pjs for then.

hi nic im so excited for u hun it wont be long now yipeeeeeeeeeeee lol, well i took condoms a whip strawberries and whipped cream no no scrap that lol, i took 2 pairs of pjs, undies most importantly my mp3 player, undies usual toiletries, a dressing gown and slippers, clothes to go home in, pen and a pad puzzle book lol mobile phone and charger (cuddly toy lol), u wont need much because u wont be in that long its normally about 4 days anyway, some lip balm incase your lips get dry no need for a kitchen sink lol, anyway take care thinking of you xxx

What can I say lol, made me laugh so much, worth a try I suppose lol xx

lol nic if you're in the mood for kinkyness on the day you're a better woman than me!

Well Georgina said she forgot to add stiletto's on that list so I said I'd wear them down to theatre instead of slippers lol

xx

why not got down in full rocky horrer apparel? Would give the surgeons a surprise!

Here you all are talking kinky without me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took my ann summers nightie!!!!!!(only Joking)

I took thekitchen sink, literally and didnt need any of it... i used two nighties, one dressing gown.... lip balm, mp3 player and did some suduko, and the usual toiltries... i did take about 8 pairs of knickers and 4 nighties nad two dressing gowns but didnt use half of it......

Also mobile phone and some slippers!!!!! I also took all my healing crystals.....

took loads of other stuff but didnt use any of it... had about 6 weeks worth of mags didnt read one... and i took two books!!!!

must of thought i was going on holidya for a fortnight

All

I just wanted to ask what you took into hospital and what did you need/want that you didn't take in.

Thanks
hi nic,

i took in 2 nighties
knickers
facial wipes,easier to use when you got iv's in.
minty mouth freshner,was a god send!!!
make up
perfume
dressing gown for the walk to theatre
mobile (on silent)lol
i took magazines n a book but found myself watching crap day time tv.
if you got kids pinch one of their handheld games (ds lite)

hope this helped,
take care michelle7272

ok missy did u have to pinch all my ideas lol get ur own please xxx

Tee hee I did say you'd said though, your idea totally boss lol xxx

hi nic,

i took in 2 nighties
knickers
facial wipes,easier to use when you got iv's in.
minty mouth freshner,was a god send!!!
make up
perfume
dressing gown for the walk to theatre
mobile (on silent)lol
i took magazines n a book but found myself watching crap day time tv.
if you got kids pinch one of their handheld games (ds lite)

hope this helped,
take care michelle7272

Thanks hun
Who needs kids, I've got my own DS Lite lol and don't worry that was on my list ha ha (big kid eh). I do have the brain games though, honest!! :p

Thanks for all your tips! xx

Thanks hun
Who needs kids, I've got my own DS Lite lol and don't worry that was on my list ha ha (big kid eh). I do have the brain games though, honest!! :p

Thanks for all your tips! xx

never mind the brain games, I am addicted to zelda at the mo!!!

never mind the brain games, I am addicted to zelda at the mo!!!

LOL not tried that one maybe my next game then, hope your ok hun xx

Hi Nic,
I took the following in to hospital:

2 huge PJs (I wore the low cut one more cos it helped as it was cool)

Flip flops (cooler than the slippers I'd taken)

Snuggly cushion

Trackie bottoms and Tshirt for going home

Dry mouth mint spray from Boots(good for when you can't drink and to get rid of horrible taste in mouth

Mouthwash

Mini fan with little spray part (to cool me down-was great when I felt sick)

Flavoured lipsol (for leaving nice taste in dry mouth)

Mini mirror (to inspect scars/bandages when laid down)

Magazine (to read when couldn't sleep)

Hair brush and elastic band to tie my hair back

and all the other usual stuff.

Hope it helps, not long for you til the op now! We-hey!!

Thanks hun no not long at all now, 3 weeks tomorrow, doing better this week was having a right wobble last week but I'm so busy at work its keeping my mind off everything. On a training course today, tomorrow and Thursday so keeping me occupied.

Start the pre-op diet next week xx

Hi Nic,
I took the following in to hospital:

2 huge PJs (I wore the low cut one more cos it helped as it was cool)

Flip flops (cooler than the slippers I'd taken)

Snuggly cushion

Trackie bottoms and Tshirt for going home

Dry mouth mint spray from Boots(good for when you can't drink and to get rid of horrible taste in mouth

Mouthwash

Mini fan with little spray part (to cool me down-was great when I felt sick)

Flavoured lipsol (for leaving nice taste in dry mouth)

Mini mirror (to inspect scars/bandages when laid down)

Magazine (to read when couldn't sleep)

Hair brush and elastic band to tie my hair back

and all the other usual stuff.

Hope it helps, not long for you til the op now! We-hey!!

That's the best way. Keeping yourself occupied. Nerves come and go. Can't wait to see you walk to theatre in heels. lol. You have to do it now!!

LOL they'd have a heart attack, blame Smiler for that one ha ha ha.

Hope your ok hun xx

Back