• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What was really in your hospital bag?

i went private in bupa and they had aircon i was freezing all the time hubby was boiling he kept putting it on i was going to slap him but i couldnt catch him lol, i had a tv but no internet access, mind u it was 30 degree heay wen i had my op but the aircon was freezing, xxx

Well went shopping yesterday got a fan with the water spray (thanks for tip Sara) and lots of bits and pieces so another job out of the way. The spring cleaning went out of the window yesterday and today got a hangover but need to at least tidy up lol.

im not surprised u had a hangover with all those vodkas lol but at least u enjoyed urself missy xxx

Ha ha but were you impressed I could still hold a conversation with you and I could type without slurring ha ha ha xxx

good luck tomorrow on your appointment nic. did you decide on which pre-op diet your goung on? is ut jelly and soup?
susie

good luck tomorrow on your appointment nic. did you decide on which pre-op diet your goung on? is ut jelly and soup?
susie

Thanks hun, my pre-op is bovril or Oxo etc and sugar free jelly, clear soups etc xxx

was today your dietician appointment? how did it go?
susie

Hi Susie
Yes it was and it went well thanks, was worrying last night that I may of put weight on since my last appointment so was shocked to find I'd lost 5lbs.
They took blood, did blood pressue, ecg, weight and bmi then saw the dietician for pre-op diet so its clear soups, sugar free jelly and oxo for me for two weeks but already completed two days.

How's u? xx

Well, I have already been busy ordering lovely loose kaftans and a nice long chemise for ease and comfort... :)

I will definitely be taking my MP3 player with me, or else I will go insane... oh, and a rather scary book!!! :cool:

I wanted to ask about catheters and wot-not... did anyone actually have a central-line in? It's on my 'what to expect' list and I am not looking forward to a catheter or NG tube, never mind a flippin' aterial line to faff around with!!! :rolleyes:

I may like giving the injections, but I don't like being on the receiving end of venflons... :eek:

x

if people do start saying yes they had central lines in or drips into anywhere other than arms can they put a warning at the top of the post please to warn me not to read any further?

Am seriously needle phobic, and last time i read about a central line on here I was sick :(

Oooooh, sorry... ok, peeps... pm if you have any news on the 'you know whats', ok?!!!

Sorry... :(

x

noooooo no need for that, I'm sure people want to know, so keep it public :) just a little needle coming warning for me :D

Well, I have already been busy ordering lovely loose kaftans and a nice long chemise for ease and comfort... :)

I will definitely be taking my MP3 player with me, or else I will go insane... oh, and a rather scary book!!! :cool:

I wanted to ask about catheters and wot-not... did anyone actually have a central-line in? It's on my 'what to expect' list and I am not looking forward to a catheter or NG tube, never mind a flippin' aterial line to faff around with!!! :rolleyes:

I may like giving the injections, but I don't like being on the receiving end of venflons... :eek:

x

Hiya

May be worth starting another thread on that one so people don't miss it by thinking its just about what to take into hospital? What do you think? Great question though hun.

I'm still bruised from my blood tests on Tuesday :(

xx

Did Henrik do yours Nic?

I think its a great idea putting it in a new thread, that way people like me can just stay out :D

I'm still bruised from my blood tests on Tuesday :(

xx

Awww, sorry you're all bruised :(

I have a massive vein, so I am hoping they won't decide to go digging... (it's so big, I managed to take blood from myself with one hand while in India, as I didn't trust the assistant!!!)

I'm just getting ready to drive down to Chichester... :)

x

PS Good thinking about the sep' thread - I will do that when I get back tonight :D

Did Henrik do yours Nic?

I think its a great idea putting it in a new thread, that way people like me can just stay out :D

Hi Shell

No it was Debbie that did mine, the nurse at the Dr's never bruises me though :cry:
lol

Was just thinking a new thread so people don't miss it really cos I know what I'm like and if I've been in a thread a few times sometimes I don't go back in etc but its a good one to start I think but yes you will need to stear clear of Ols thread :)

Nic

Last edited:
ahhh see as soon as I told them I'm needle phobic they paged the SHO :eek: Henrik who was very good, straight in and out no bruising at all.

Back